Mentally Unstable German Found Walking Naked In Pattaya

webfact

His girl friend left when the money ran out ,wow never heard that one before.

No never, lol, happens all over the world.

Good to see the Thais helping the poor German man, Thais are generally very helpful despite all the moaners here.

If his gf left him because he was deranged, refusing help, and/or using chemicals to get high(alcohol included) then she is within her reason.

Hopefully she didn't just milk the guy dry financially although many pattaya style girls do.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he manages to hit all the top tourist spots to work the people in those areas he can't be that crazy.

First time I have heard Soi Buakow called a "top tourist spot".

I enjoy it, but it isn't exactly a perfumed garden or a golden palace. :whistling:

Anyone who has seen the guy would realise that he is not one of the calculating rip-off artists that one sees daily on Beach Rd, asking for handouts and free cigarettes, or one of the guys that preys endlessly on tourists with stories of lost passports and robbery.

This guy is mentally ill and needs help. Why do people have so much trouble understanding this?

An hour ago he was back in Soi Bukhaow rifling through the bins, sreaming obscenities at passers-by, warning them about thai ladies

Soi Bukhaow probably a good area to issue these warnings :rolleyes:

Yes I saw him too app. 2 hours ago, at Soi Diana close to Soi Buakhao.

Looked same as the pictures in OP, same rags, same mad behavior, unwashed, sad.

He must have a passport, even the police/immi wouldn't allow anybody without any id, or maybe a lost case? No money to be made :whistling:

Don't be too soft on him over all...its likely he has played a large part in his own degradation.

That may be so, but what difference does it make?

Should we also not be concerned about someone who falls off a motorbike and hurts themselves? Or who gets into difficulty whilst swimming?

After all, they chose to be on the bike or to go into the water, and if they had remained a pedestrian on land the problem would never have arisen.

Having seen the guy close-up on several occasions, I am quite sure that he has more wrong with him than just being a drunk.

Someone should do a story on this guy for a German newspaper. Maybe then someone will come forward to help. If he has no friends or family there then that does ask the question of why.

Sounds like the Embassy don't want to know so what else can anyone do to genuinely help someone who refuses all but more intoxicants?

Well I don't know what happened they must have let him go, as I just [3:15pm Friday 23/9/2011] saw him again in Soi Diana Cnr Soi Buakhau as bedraggled as before and still exposed.

Seems nobody has done a thing to help him or repatriate him. I am certain he is in a mental ste let alone financially to take care of himself and he is not a pleasant sight for tourists or expatriates.

SHAME on all the authorities!!

To see a case like this one it's really sad, and on top of it you have to add that the country where we are currently residing can (by law) just lock up in jail any good samaritane doing good deeds as that will require setting up a charitable company and paying an exorbitant amount of cash to keep it running, that's actually really upsetting.

IMO our only hope to see something done is to convince embassies to take the appropriated steps to do something for their own people, they shouldn't take advantage of their diplomatic immunity just to avoid paying road fines or similar things, they need to do something and quick, what happened to that initiative they have taken in Chiang Mai? Is it already over? Otherways it might make sense to have a bird like this in every embassy....http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-13629772

How many people in germany (or any other western country) would have handed over money to help him?

Chalk one up for the generousity of the Thai people.

Everybody in europe knows that German people are not friendly and arrogant(this is a fact)and sure would not help him seeing him,

and yes walk away and not even bother.

What nonsense! Over a period of twenty years I visited Germany at least once a year and I never experienced anything but friendliness and hospitality.

Whit all respect.....what i said is a fact...and of course there are some....(nip noi)exeption's....but this is what a normal europian guy think of the arrogant german's.

Hmm .. "but this is what a normal europian guy think". It maybe normal for the sort of European guys you associate with. But it seems that you are steeped in a cultural prejudice.

Just as love is in the eye of the beholder, ... so is hatred. If you look for it, you will surely find it.

"I met a young girl, she gave me a rainbow

I met one man who was wounded in love

I met another man that was wounded in hatred"

Bob Dylan

The was a young plumber, once plumbing.

He was plumbing a maid by the sea.

Said the maid: "stop plumbing, I think someone's coming".

Said the plumber, still plumbing: "It's me."

(not Bob Dylan)

It would appear that this guy needs physiciatric help. If the German Embassy isn't going to help, he's probably screwed.

Just recalling life Australia years ago. A person in such a state would not be visible for very long before the police and Salvation Army would be on the case..

Someone should do a story on this guy for a German newspaper.

In the other thread (now closed), someone did actually contact a German reporter about him. Not sure what actually came of it in the end.

That was me, the reporter went to see him, I will contact him again.

He is registered on Thaivisa as cyberholz.

Edited by beano2274

"I met a young girl, she gave me a rainbow

I met one man who was wounded in love

I met another man that was wounded in hatred"

Bob Dylan

The was a young plumber, once plumbing.

He was plumbing a maid by the sea.

Said the maid: "stop plumbing, I think someone's coming".

Said the plumber, still plumbing: "It's me."

(not Bob Dylan)

Most excellent poetry however its not quite as deep as Dylan or perhaps the plumber is deeper 555?

Edited by atyclb

Well I don't know what happened they must have let him go, as I just [3:15pm Friday 23/9/2011] saw him again in Soi Diana Cnr Soi Buakhau as bedraggled as before and still exposed.

Seems nobody has done a thing to help him or repatriate him. I am certain he is in a mental ste let alone financially to take care of himself and he is not a pleasant sight for tourists or expatriates.

SHAME on all the authorities!!

It would be nice if the embassy of his country could try to help. Hopefully he'd be willing to cooperate. During cold weather NYC before the FD, PD, EMT's brought all the drunks/addicts to local hospital emergency departments which by law were required to evaluate them. The vast majority had no acute health issues however they took away valuable resources from people that were really sick. The addicts and some mentally ill will use the hospital as if it were a hotel, but again, giving them room and board is unfair for those really sick in need to be in a hospital.

Not infrequently families try to no avail to help loved ones quit drugs/alcohol. The reality is he could very well be in the same situation in his home country.

Perhaps news coverage will get his embassy to intervene.

Saw him on Thursday morning at Buakhow/Lengkee junction, it was quite a spectacle. He was very aggressive and extremely agitated, constant demented rummaging through his pockets, then kicking things around. I saw one guy offer him something, but he snatched it and threw it on the ground. I was chatting to the guys at a nearby motorcycle taxi rank and they said he had been collected by the police the day before but was back again within a few hours.

He has obviously completely lost the plot, not sure about all the dogooders trying to "save" him or whatever but it was certainly an interesting show to watch for a few minutes. By his behaviour and chatting with the taxi guys I expect before long he will upset a Thai by being abusive or stealing etc, be battered senseless then removed.

post-46117-0-39049000-1316949861_thumb.j

Saw him on Thursday morning at Buakhow/Lengkee junction, it was quite a spectacle. He was very aggressive and extremely agitated, constant demented rummaging through his pockets, then kicking things around. I saw one guy offer him something, but he snatched it and threw it on the ground. I was chatting to the guys at a nearby motorcycle taxi rank and they said he had been collected by the police the day before but was back again within a few hours.

He has obviously completely lost the plot, not sure about all the dogooders trying to "save" him or whatever but it was certainly an interesting show to watch for a few minutes. By his behaviour and chatting with the taxi guys I expect before long he will upset a Thai by being abusive or stealing etc, be battered senseless then removed.

He is trying to decide between a taxi and a subway :)

I had a conversation with the poor guy two weeks ago in Pattaya. I saw him sitting near the corner of Soi Diana and Second Road, close to Kiss restaurant. He looked terrible - filthy, in rags and clearly malnourished, perhaps even starving. You can see it in the pictures. No body fat and very little muscle on his arms or legs, His body is eating itself. The foot without the sandal was inflamed and swollen with infected sores.

Not knowing what to say, I just asked him in English, "You OK, man?" He nodded yes with a very unconcerned facial expression, then asked me if I knew of a hotel with a dinner buffet. That took me aback, but I answered without letting my jaw drop. I said I didn't, but I'd be happy to get him some take-away food at Kiss. He declined and said he wanted a buffet! He wasn't begging, but he sure was choosy. I offered him 100 baht to get food later, but he said he didn't need it.

He then started chatting to me about the recent flooding. He spoke grammatically correct English and his accent wasn't that heavy. To speak English at that level, he must have had education and experience in the past. I told him about how I waded through thigh-deep water to get back to my apartment the night of the floods. He seemed to enjoy the conversation and was very lucid. It could have been a casual conversation in a bar or on a baht bus.

He said he liked my shirt - I tend to wear loud print shirts - and I offered to get him one just like it. Again, he refused. I offered food and money once more, but he repeated he didn't need it.

Like many other mentally troubled people, he obviously has stretches of relative calmness. But his inability to see the terrible shape he's in is an indication of the seriousness of his irrationality. Other reports say he is combative and even violent on occasion. That's a behavior pattern that is recognizable from the U.S. Homeless guys could be friendly, even helpful one minute, then attack strangers the next.

I felt very frustrated I couldn't do more for the guy. But if he can't see that he needs help, there's not much that can be done by a private individual.

In some way, the authorities have to intervene because he is a danger to himself and others. If they don't, he'll be dead in the not-too-distant future. I just hope his inner demons don't lead him to hurt anyone else.

A few months ago, when pics of this guy first appeared on Stickman and various boards, I asked someone I know at the German consulate in New York City if the German embassy in Bangkok could do anything. She said it could, but only if the guy or his family asked for help OR Thai authorities, through the Foreign Ministry, asked for the embassy's assistance. She emphasized that foreign service personnel aren't social workers and don't go out looking for vagrants.

It boils down to this: if the guy gets cleaned up and is stable enough for a flight to Germany, the embassy could help him with the cost of the ticket. But either the Thai authorities or private farang individuals would have to get him scrubbed up and clothed. Obviously he can't board a flight filthy and in rags or if he's going to be abusive to the crew and passengers.

But since he is UNWILLING to accept help, the situation is much more complicated. Thai authorities would have to take steps to deport him. The fly in the buttermilk is that Thai police lack routines, experience and facilities for dealing with mentally ill farang. Look at all the criticism the police got for the handling of the Richard Hewitt case (he was the Brit "rescued" by Tracy Cosgrove). He could be repatriated against his will via an ambulance flight, but that costs huge money.

It's easier for the authorities just to ignore him. When he dies, it will be finally over and people will forget quickly. If blood poisoning and gangrene set in on his infected foot, the end could be very near.

Evil

Like many other mentally troubled people, he obviously has stretches of relative calmness. But his inability to see the terrible shape he's in is an indication of the seriousness of his irrationality. Other reports say he is combative and even violent on occasion.

That's what I have found. Sometimes calm and easy to talk to, other times impossible to talk to.

I felt very frustrated I couldn't do more for the guy. But if he can't see that he needs help, there's not much that can be done by a private individual.

I went to see the German consul about him a few weeks ago (in Pattaya on Friday all day, at the Austrian consulate, Soi Yensabai). Apparently it didnt do much good, but I cant help thinking that if a few more people did so the consul might eventually be shamed into doing something before the guy dies.

Like many other mentally troubled people, he obviously has stretches of relative calmness. But his inability to see the terrible shape he's in is an indication of the seriousness of his irrationality. Other reports say he is combative and even violent on occasion.

That's what I have found. Sometimes calm and easy to talk to, other times impossible to talk to.

I went to see the German consul about him a few weeks ago (in Pattaya on Friday all day, at the Austrian consulate, Soi Yensabai). Apparently it didnt do much good, but I cant help thinking that if a few more people did so the consul might eventually be shamed into doing something before the guy dies.

Perhaps it would be worthwhile forwardinng the article to a few German newspapers. A bit of coverage 'back home' may result in some positive action to help this guy.

The difficulty is the German guy can tell the German consul, the German ambassador or even Chancellor Merkel herself to go to hell. They have no power to enforce anything directly in Thailand. Only the Thai authorities can do that. The German government would have to push the Thai government to deain the man and deport him. That's probably only way he would ever get the help he needs.

Perhaps it would be worthwhile forwardinng the article to a few German newspapers. A bit of coverage 'back home' may result in some positive action to help this guy.

That's a very good idea. It might also help if German citizens contacted their MPs about this man's situation. As said, the only realistic scenario by which the man could get help would be for the German government to put pressure on the Thai authorities to take the man into custody.

Evil

:

Sometimes you just can't help. I lost a brother to a TBI. He could have recieved a disability pension and all the help he needed. He refused all advice. At least where I come from, you can't force someone to do anything unless they are an immediate threat to themselves or others.

In my brothers case, he lost his job, ran through all of his assets, became homeless and died five years after he lost his grip on reality.

I have sympathy for this German, but have no more of a solution for him than I do for any other unfortunate individual that I encounter.

"But my girlfriend is not the same as all those other girls."

Would love a dollar for everytime those words have been uttered. Oh, to be 18 years younger and a little less cynical . . .

There's quite a well-written article about this guy in the current issue of Pattaya Mail (I think), which mentions him being detained by immigration and then released for no obvious reason, as mentioned in this thread. Apparently he doesn't have valid documents. No real surprise there.

They did give him a towel, it seems, and it was reported that bystanders gave him 1000B when he was being picked up on Soi Buakow.

I haven't seen him myself for 3 days now, though I did see the him the 2 or 3 days after he was released from immigration.

I hope he's not just rotting in a cell somewhere.

Edited by Darrel

According to a post by Stickman on one of the Pattaya boards, the Immigration Police have today again taken the German guy into custody. I hope the German authorities have put pressure on their Thai counterparts to deport that poor soul so he gets the medical treatment he so desperately needs. If the German government can donate billions of euros so Greeks can continue to retire at age 60, it should be able to cough up a few thousand to help one of its own.

Evil