I Need A New Game (PC)

Jai Dee

When I first bought my iPad there was a demo version of Avatar on it, and my wife liked it so much I ended up buying the full version.

She played it until she finished the game in just 5 days... she was really addicted.

Next, I bought Avatar for the PC... and that has kept her entertained for the past 3 weeks now, but now she's finished that too... in both Navi mode and soldier mode.

What made the game so enjoyable for her were the beautiful graphics, the ease of the controls (played on a laptop with mouse), the mapping function so she could tell what ground she had already covered, and the simple English (she is Thai).

Now looking around for something in a similar adventure/action genre but I'm a bit out of touch with whats good and whats cr@p these days, so do any of you avid gamers got any suggestions for me?

• 2 weeks later...

Minecraft, not everyone's cup of tea but massively popular and hugely addictive.

It's a completely open-ended game where your imagination is the only limit to your gaming experience.

Plus, massive amounts of mods and community generated maps that can completely change the game.

Mirrors Edge - Steam Link . Its a beautiful adventure game set in the future. Check the

Portal - Steam Link . Puzzle adventure game with a really funny robot ! its much better than the portal 2 (portal 2 is good too).

Limbo -Steam Link . Its a indie adventure game with dark sense of humour

Bastion - Steam Link - Its a indie adventure with a beautiful sound track and narration.

Assasins Creed Brotherhood , Mafia 2, Deus Ex :Human Revolution, Dragon Ages:Orgin these are mature games but really fun games

All these games need a graphic card. Some games might not run in a laptop .

If you need family friendly games get a wii or wait for the Wii U thats suppose to be released next year . Wii has games like Zelda , Donkey Kong, Kirby, Mario , Animal Crossing ,Metroid which are children friendly and easy to play .

Edited by shriah

Thanks for all the suggestions guys.

My TGF really likes to play Bejeweled.

My missus has spent nearly the full day playing Bejewelled 3 until she complains about her eyes being sore and dry!

We tried Portal 2 but she did not get very far as the complexity of the puzzles were a bit beyond her. It's not that she's stupid, but her logic overrides her puzzle solving ability and she wonders why anyone would want to do that... so she gives up in frustration.