Road Conditions

arfamo73

I am planning to drive from Phitsanulok to Jomtien on the 30th of this month. I will be using the 112 to Nahkon /Sawan and then the 32 to Ayyuttha onto the 1 then 9 until I arrive at the junction with 7 onwards to Chonburi.

I would very much appreciate any relevant information on the driveability of the roads mentioned.

Thank you

I think you mean the 117 not the 112 to N/S as long as you don't go near Phichit you should be ok the road 117 in part's has been braking up bad for some time and the rain has not helped. In one week with all the rain who know's thing's are changing all the time. Might be better to wait for later post's. The rest of the trip no problem. There is another alternative you could use the 11 from Pitso to In Buri. Update's from other peep's on that way, but it's a better road all be it a little longer.

I think you mean the 117 not the 112 to N/S as long as you don't go near Phichit you should be ok the road 117 in part's has been braking up bad for some time and the rain has not helped. In one week with all the rain who know's thing's are changing all the time. Might be better to wait for later post's. The rest of the trip no problem. There is another alternative you could use the 11 from Pitso to In Buri. Update's from other peep's on that way, but it's a better road all be it a little longer.

Thank you. I did indeed mean 117. I appreciate your input

Yeah good advice from ' Fredob43 ' it really matters what kind of vehicle you are traveling in as well, small cars obviously have the most problems, there will be signs out telling you whether you can proceed, Ayutthaya maybe will be getting a rough time, more rain is forecast.

Hi everybody

I'm planning to drive from BKK to the North tomorrow Friday.

How does the main road look like in Nakhon Sawan (I know the bypass is flooded).

Thanks for the answers

The bypass might well be open by the time you get there, there will be sign's telling you, going through N/S will be Ok and the road 1 going up from N/S is Ok. I don't know how far up your going I was about 80km north of Tak yesterday no problem's. All the bus's are still running to the north so that should tell you. We have not had to much heavy rain lately, so should be getting better all the time. But as you know thing's can change by the hour. Have a safe journey. Oh the river Ping has lost over 3mt since last week. Edited by fredob43

Will be driving from CM to Pattaya next week, using the main highways. Original plan is to stopover in Nakhon Sawan for 1 night to break up the long journey.

But don't want to be trapped by floods within Nakhon Sawan itself, and now considering maybe its better not to stopover? How's the flood situation within NS city itself, and should I be concerned?

Will be driving from CM to Pattaya next week, using the main highways. Original plan is to stopover in Nakhon Sawan for 1 night to break up the long journey.

But don't want to be trapped by floods within Nakhon Sawan itself, and now considering maybe its better not to stopover? How's the flood situation within NS city itself, and should I be concerned?

Just an idea how about a stop over in K.P.Phet. Much nicer place, Plenty of Hotel's/place's to eat on the river ping. Wednesday they have a night market by the bus station worth a look. That's if the OTOP market has finished. This weekend and next week it's the wait for it the Banana festival. You might if your lucky meet up with Joy of Joy's Miss Banana. And the best bit of all not to much traffic and N/Sawan fume's. From there Pattaya is about 5 1/2 hour's with a stop. If you want any info on place's to stay, Restaurant's, direction's ect just ask. What ever have a good trip. Oh and there's no problem's with water/flood's there. Edited by fredob43

Just an idea how about a stop over in K.P.Phet. Much nicer place, Plenty of Hotel's/place's to eat on the river ping... If you want any info on place's to stay, Restaurant's, direction's ect just ask. What ever have a good trip. Oh and there's no problem's with water/flood's there.

Yes, please, any info on K.P. Phet re: child-friendly hotels (I have three), under 1,500 baht/night, restaurants, places would be great. Couldn't find much via Search.

Some time's I get really PIS/ED off with TV I have just spent time trying to reply to you and what did I get well the no: of tag's does not = the closing tag's or some such crap. GET a grip TV.

Right I am going out soon to get you Hotel No: Then will try and post yet another post. Please give me about an hour.

Edited by fredob43

Any info on the road from CM to Phetchabun? I need to drive there in the next few days

You shouldn't have a problem till you get to Lom Sak if you are going that way they have been doing the road from there on it and it's a bit crappy. Don't go any ware near Pitchit road's bridge's washed away.

Reply to Talatnat.

I have got you three Hotel's all different price's but easy to find. I'll start with the cheapest.

Marlin resort Hotel all room's 500bt a night P/No: 055712100.

My thought's. Cheap Ok if you need to save a few bob. A bit out of the way. No Breaky

Navarat Hotel. From 700bt a night P/No: 055711211 Email [email protected]

My thought's not a bad hotel just been revamped not sure about the food easy to get to every ware. Good car parking.

Chakungrao Riverview Price's from 1000bt a night up to 5,000bt for their large suit "can get a discount"

P/No: 055714900 Email www.chakungraoriverview.com or [email protected]

My thought's the most expensive in K.P.Phet Quiet a nice place good parking. I have been told breaky is a buffet and quite good, near the Navarat. You need to book a river view room.

If I had to chose between all of them I would go for the Navarat.

Let me know how you get on, and if you book anything or if you would like me to get more Hotel No: ect. I will then give you direction's on how to get to them, and the OTOP Market that I have just been told run's to the 6th of Oct. Food do you want Farang or Thai sorry but cant have both unless you dine in Hotel's but they will be pricey.

Tip get the wife to book as you will get the best price.

[Just an idea how about a stop over in K.P.Phet. Much nicer place.... Oh and there's no problem's with water/flood's there.

Thanks for the tip. If i stopover K.P, I don't think I will want to stay anywhere near the Ping river. The Ping river burst its banks yesterday in CM, and there're still quite a few flooded areas today. I really can't risk being stranded by floods or having to abandon my car for this trip!

What I really want to find out is whether I should skip Nakhon Sawan city because of floods, or is it just isolated areas that are flooded and the risk is minimal? As I am doing this route for the first time, and never been to NS before, I don't want to be lost trying to detour around flooded areas.

Maybe I should just brave it, set off from CM at dawn, and cross my fingers I will arrive in Pattaya before dark !? But have never driven 10-12 hours in a day and I only drive at moderate speed (below 100kmh) :D

Thanks!

The Ping in Kp has NEVER burst

[Just an idea how about a stop over in K.P.Phet. Much nicer place.... Oh and there's no problem's with water/flood's there.

Thanks for the tip. If i stopover K.P, I don't think I will want to stay anywhere near the Ping river. The Ping river burst its banks yesterday in CM, and there're still quite a few flooded areas today. I really can't risk being stranded by floods or having to abandon my car for this trip!

What I really want to find out is whether I should skip Nakhon Sawan city because of floods, or is it just isolated areas that are flooded and the risk is minimal? As I am doing this route for the first time, and never been to NS before, I don't want to be lost trying to detour around flooded areas.

Maybe I should just brave it, set off from CM at dawn, and cross my fingers I will arrive in Pattaya before dark !? But have never driven 10-12 hours in a day and I only drive at moderate speed (below 100kmh) :D

Thanks!

N/S is a bigish town with many T/light's as the Bypass is/was closed??? you will have to go through it so will everyone else so stand by for slow traffic, no problem as long as you stick to the main 1 & 32 Road. And from C/M there is no detour. Well there is but then you will have problem's + stick on another 2 hour's. The Ping in KP has never burst it's bank's ever, that's because we have a dam on the upper part of it. In fact today it went down another 1mt as they closed it. It does flood 100km north on the flood plane. I have done that trip Pattaya to C/H in one go took me 11hour's. Best of luck with three kid's. With the N/S bypass closed unless you get your finger out it will take 12+ hour's. Pattaya to KP is 500km another 400km or there about's to C/M if you stop once or twice to do that in 12 hour's you will have to be going at 120kph at least where you can. I do Pattaya to KP in about 5 hour's and I go at 140+ kph where I can. By what you say your speed's are you are not going to make it. And below 100kph I would think more like 14hour's. Lower down from N/S most town's are flooded Lop Buri Chai Nat and all point's south. So don't think of stopping off there, Sorry to be a party pooper. But that's what I think lie's ahead of you. Best of luck. Let us know how long it take's and what the road's are like as will help other peep's later. Edited by fredob43

Sorry to be a party pooper. But that's what I think lie's ahead of you. Best of luck. Let us know how long it take's and what the road's are like as will help other peep's later.

Fd43,

Your feedback is very useful.... I will stopover in KP instead of NS :)

There's a lot of flood water flowing down from CM... so keeping my fingers crossed that the Ping river in KP will not overflow. After all, there's a first time for every thing B)

I plan on making the journey about mid next week, depending on flood situation. Will update with post after I arrive in Pattaya :D If there's a change of flood patterns before then that requires me to change my plans, please make a post here. Thanks a lot!

Sorry to be a party pooper. But that's what I think lie's ahead of you. Best of luck. Let us know how long it take's and what the road's are like as will help other peep's later.

Fd43,

Your feedback is very useful.... I will stopover in KP instead of NS :)

There's a lot of flood water flowing down from CM... so keeping my fingers crossed that the Ping river in KP will not overflow. After all, there's a first time for every thing B)

I plan on making the journey about mid next week, depending on flood situation. Will update with post after I arrive in Pattaya :D If there's a change of flood patterns before then that requires me to change my plans, please make a post here. Thanks a lot!

I'm off to BKK on Tuesday morning, if there's a problem in K.P.Phet I will let all know by Monday night, cant see it but who know's, that's because the water will have to rise 7+mt just to get to road level and by then they would have closed the dam off. To many peep's with big money live here. So they will close it off and bugger all the farmer's up stream. I know Big peep's also live in C/M but you don't have a dam or a flood plane.

For anyone that's want's to know where the Hotel's are, take the L/turn off the 1 from C/M into K.P.Phet over the bridge to R/about then take the last turn out of same down the side of bridge till you get to the river Ping, Turn left and go about 1.2/3 km till you come level with the Island just as you get there take the first left then left again 200mt on the right is the Chakungrao Hotel. For the Navarat don't take the first left by the Island go another 60mt and take that left Hotel is 100mt on the right. For the cheaper one go past the first turn off to K.P.Phet and take the next left about 2km sign post Pitchit it's about 250mt on the left. For restaurant's Just ask in the Hotel's for the water side one's as there a load's. Some have live band's some don't so be sure to ask if you want same. N/B they all play Ro/Lomantic stuff.

Good morning everyone. Thanks for all the information on the roads so far.

I am travelling to Khlong Khlung on tuesday from Hua Hin and would appreciate any updates on the roads and general conditions in that area.

I note that they are going to release 40m cubic metres per day from the Tak dam now according to the Bangkok Post today which I believe is nearly twice the amount being released at the moment.

If any one knows of any hotels in the area the information would be appreciated.

I am travelling by bus to Nakhon Sawan and then taking a taxi to Khlong Khlung does that seem to be the best method?

TIA

Good morning everyone. Thanks for all the information on the roads so far.

I am travelling to Khlong Khlung on tuesday from Hua Hin and would appreciate any updates on the roads and general conditions in that area.

I note that they are going to release 40m cubic metres per day from the Tak dam now according to the Bangkok Post today which I believe is nearly twice the amount being released at the moment.

If any one knows of any hotels in the area the information would be appreciated.

I am travelling by bus to Nakhon Sawan and then taking a taxi to Khlong Khlung does that seem to be the best method?

TIA

Might be a good idea to get the bus to K.P.Phet and as you go past Khlong Klung ask them to put you off. That's of course if you can get to where you want to go from there.

As far as water go's in K.P.Phet the water has risen but it wont be allowed to get to high looked at the ping today and it was not to high they could let out twice as much and it would still be Ok. Sorry but you didn't say what area you wanted the hotels in so cant help on that one. Cant tell you what the water will be like on Tue/Wed as to far off. I wont be in K.P.P after Tuesday morning so you will have to rely on other peep's for that one. Might be able to give you another update on Monday night.

Edited by fredob43

My thought's. Cheap Ok if you need to save a few bob. A bit out of the way. No Breaky

My thought's not a bad hotel just been revamped not sure about the food easy to get to every ware. Good car parking.

Chakungrao Riverview Price's from 1000bt a night up to 5,000bt for their large suit "can get a discount"

My thought's the most expensive in K.P.Phet Quiet a nice place good parking. I have been told breaky is a buffet and quite good, near the Navarat. You need to book a river view room.

Is it ok if I just show up at the hotel without a booking? Prefer to see in person which hotel i like.... Thanks

Is it ok if I just show up at the hotel without a booking? Prefer to see in person which hotel i like.... Thanks

No problem as this time of the year they are never full. If you follow my instruction's on how to get there go to the Navarat first look at room's price ect. If no good go to the bottom of the road about 10mt past the entrance of same turn left follow the road round it will come into a one way follow the road round to the right and 150mt on the right is the Chakunrao. If neither suit you can always try the Pet hotel that's some ware just below the Navarat quality wise just ask anyone where it is or ask for Tesco's it's opposite the front entrance of same. For food if you go back onto the ping road a drive back to the bridge go under it follow road to the end some 200mt and there's the beautiful view Restaurant. Has a band. For more choice go back over the bridge to do that follow first part of direction's under the bridge and take the first road on the right beside the bridge keep over to the right and do a UT by the clock tower just as you get to the R/A take the first U/T over the bridge and keep left that will take you down the side of bridge turn right and there is a couple of good restaurant's that will come up on your left some 300mt first one has a band second doesn't all three overlook the Ping. All have a Farang menu or picture one's but the food is Thai good and quite cheap the two with the band's are a little more expensive. Tip ask for a river view room at the Chakunrao. For breaky the Chakunrao Buffet is the best followed by the Navarat 50/50. The Pet have heard conflicting report's. Have a pleasant stay. N/B the band's start at about 7pm. Edited by fredob43

Thanks Fredob43

I would be looking to stay in Khlong Khlung for about a week. Apologize if that is a bit vague.

Have just made a couple of phone call's to friend's and no one know's of any Hotel's in K/K or guest house's come to that. Have tried Google but they only give K.P.Phet as the nearest place that has them Hotel's that is. I don't know if you have been there K/K before but it's a blink and you've past it sort of place. I'm not sure but I don't think they even have a 7/11 Everyone's in bed by 8pm. So sorry I'm stumped. I know there is a small resort on the 1 road a good few km from K/K but that's in the middle of no ware. And without transport you'll be buggered. The resort is opposite where the bus's stop for their customer's food. But I know for you it's a non starter. Even K.P.Phet is not that good as there are no taxi's there's only Bt bus's and three wheeler's. They will all take you to K/K but it would take a long time as they are slow. About 45min: to an hour. But they would pick you up. That's the best I can offer. You must have your reason's for going there but other than watch rice/corn grow I'm at a loss. Best of luck. Edited by fredob43