Road Conditions

arfamo73

Thanks once again fredob43. I did not find anything on google either for hotels. If turns out to be a 'must go place' I will let you know. Btw I going to see my daughter's school etc.

I don't know If you Know but the school's close in a few day's here I think for 3+ week's. I wont be around till mid November. If you can hold it off till then I would be able to help you out transport wise. But you will have to stay in K.P.Phet. On the last bit I don't think you have much choice anyway. N/B I shall not be on TV from later tonight until Mid Nov. Good to hear that your not going to watch rice grow, I did it once never been the same since. Edited by fredob43

I called Highway Police today and they told me that Highway 1 at Thoen is not passable due to floods (except for large vehicles "rot yon yai"). At least that's what I understand from my limited Thai ability. That means I can't drive through with my passenger car.

Anyone can independently confirm this and/or provide more info?

Does anyone have have any current updates on the roads from Suvarnabhumi to Phitsanulok, coming up on Rt's 32 & 11?

I followed the link provided in the other thread, which provides general reports on the floods, such as the Northern Line being out of service. But I'm concerned about the main roads being passable through Ayutthaya, Lopburi, Tak Fa and points north.

TIA for any suggestions.

Cheers,

Spee

Current report on Channel 3 Asia Highway (32) blocked both ways in Ayutthaya with 10km backup that can not move and water rising.

Thanks for the info. I have family coming over next month. Hopefully the worst will have passed by then. My partner is in Ayutthaya and she says is is a real mess.

Been down to Nakhon Sawan today, all buses (local) are unable to run from one end of Sawvittee to the other. One section the river side of the road has been closed and filled with spoil to form a barrier for the water, shops have built walls around a metre or high, seems only a matter of time before the protection built down on the riverside is breached. Further along Kosi Road heading out of town the road has been reduced to single carriageway 3 weeks ago, further along at Wat Si Neah that is inundated. 3 days ago on the west side Sawanvittee 64 was flooded near the by pass and large holes have appeared as well. Yesterday a cement mixer went along to try and fill the holes, a lot missed, the one that were not have huge ruts where heavy lorries were allowed through before they should have been. 3005 was impassable early this week, not through way to Krok Phra.

I was planning on driving down to Phuket on Saturday, Have to be in Phuket on the 12th. My route is Prea to Phitsanoluk, Nakhon Sawan, Chainat, SuphanBuri Then onto the A2 south. Having read the above about Nakhon Sawan. Just wondered if anyone had info about bypassing there, and updates along my route. Or any suggestions about getting through. I can't fly as I have a dog which cannot stay home alone.

Any help appreciated. I have been to the flood alert link as well.

Thanks

I was planning on driving down to Phuket on Saturday, Have to be in Phuket on the 12th. My route is Prea to Phitsanoluk, Nakhon Sawan, Chainat, SuphanBuri Then onto the A2 south. Having read the above about Nakhon Sawan. Just wondered if anyone had info about bypassing there, and updates along my route. Or any suggestions about getting through. I can't fly as I have a dog which cannot stay home alone.

Any help appreciated. I have been to the flood alert link as well.

Thanks

As of yesterday, the Nakhon Sawan bypass road (HW 122) is still closed.

Would suggest you postpone long-distarnce driving through the central plains if possible, as highway police may give you the all-clear signal in the morning, but its flooded in the afternoon just as you are driving through etc.

Just look at the BKK Post pic today of cars stranded on HW1 at Ayuthaya!

It doesn't look good. I read the BKK Post report and they are redirecting traffic, though I will take it day by day and see if things get better, probably not to soon! Though today I'm inclined not to go. I certainly don't want to get stranded in the middle of all that.

I have found this report (link below) with detailed info about which roads are closed and places to avoid. It is valid as of the 6th Oct. Though that could change! Might be useful for anyone in or passing through the central plains.

http://www.thaitravelblogs.com/2011/10/thai-tourist-attractions-affected-by-the-flood-6-october/

Edited by garrfeild

I have just travelled from Khlong Klhung, near Kamphaeng Phet, using the A & B roads to Hua Hin (1112, 3504, 3282, 333, 321, 4) No problems.

There were signs of a few houses and fields flooded but nothing in comparison to doing the motorway route.

Very little traffic, the only thing to look out for is the occasional large pot hole and the odd beligerent dog. In general the roads were in better condition than the motorways.

My partner just headed up north from Ayutthaya to our place which is in western Phetchabun province. She said the typical route up Rt 32 and Rt 11 still had places where the roads were impassable. She ended up having to take Rt 21 from Lop Buri towards Phetchabun.

Has anyone heard anything about flooding in or around the ancient city areas of Sukothai?

Old City Sukhothai Historical Park is the acient city ( Muang Kao ) it has always been flood free only the road between Old Sukhothai and New Sukhothai have been affected but today there pretty much OK unless there is more rain.

Other Historical sites in the Sukhothai province area I not to sure off.

If you go on the ' Thailand Motor forum ' there's a pinned web site showing maps of flooded roads and is updated.