Biker Heaven

seedy

Had a RD350 back in my youth. Expansion chambers, flat slides, would love to take it up that pass.

Light, fast, steers like a razor. Not many bikes could keep up I would think.

Well - maybe a new open-class MX with a super-motard makeover.

Edited by seedy

you can ride a similar road here in Thailand.

From Tong Pha Pum (Kanchanaburi-Province) the 3272 Road to Burma Border

I think, minimum 6000 curves, but not so good Road as in the you tube video

from 120 Meters, over the pass with about 1000 Meters, to Gas-Pump-Station at Burma - Thailand - Friendly border

very nice Road and a very importand look to the wild forest.

post-83348-0-60687900-1316876019_thumb.j

Edited by krbkk

at end of the Road is the mini Moobaan Etong-City N14.68281 E98.36256

here you can get a small food and a drink

On good weather conditions, you can have a look to Andaman Sea

here is a map axtract from my Garmin-Map which I have on my Computer

sorry, I must correct myself, minimum 2000 curves

I have confused with another road.

post-83348-0-76171300-1316933643_thumb.j

Edited by krbkk

Anyone with too much time can look at Sibolga in Indonesia on Google Earth and follow the road to Tarutung. Reputed to be 1200 corners on the 65kms journey. Have ridden it a few times, driven it a few times but never counted.

Edited by VocalNeal

There is a fantastic road in Loei that goes up and over some mountains. Very nice twisties and alot of elevation changes. I don't remember exactly where, but it is on the standard route from Bangkok to Loei that is on Google Maps directions and also on my Garmin Thai maps. It begins approximately 20 km outside of Muang Loei, and lasts for approximately 40ish km and was quite exhilarating even in a big truck. I often couldn't see over the front of the truck on the way up some very steep sections, and on the way down I could let the truck coast in neutral from a standstill to over 120 km per hour, which I stopped well before for safety. The drop off to either side was several hundred meters in some spots, certainly a death sentence, and of course no railing, as it was all farmland and very rural. It is on my must drive list next on my motorcycle. Here is a link.

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Route+21&daddr=Loei,+Thailand&hl=en&sll=17.1571,101.392715&sspn=1.016926,1.262054&geocode=FebgAAEdnPoIBg%3BFdnWCQEdoYgOBilJBBBwGiUhMTEgSt7Iz2kEAQ&vpsrc=0&mra=ls&t=h&z=10

There is a fantastic road in Loei that goes up and over some mountains. Very nice twisties and alot of elevation changes. I don't remember exactly where, but it is on the standard route from Bangkok to Loei that is on Google Maps directions and also on my Garmin Thai maps. It begins approximately 20 km outside of Muang Loei, and lasts for approximately 40ish km and was quite exhilarating even in a big truck. I often couldn't see over the front of the truck on the way up some very steep sections, and on the way down I could let the truck coast in neutral from a standstill to over 120 km per hour, which I stopped well before for safety. The drop off to either side was several hundred meters in some spots, certainly a death sentence, and of course no ra.iling, as it was all farmland and very rural. It is on my must drive list next on my motorcycle. Here is a link.

http://maps.google.c...mra=ls&t=h&z=10

Been on this road also in a car. It a must on the next bike ride.

Also been told about 1148 in NAN province to Chiang Kham

Norway looks beautiful. Would love to cruise that one too.

Arriving LOS Tuesday, so will have to try out some of the roads other posters have put under this thread.

Will be based in Chiang Mai if anyone wants to come along.

Mae Hong Song again for sure !!!

Edited by seedy

There is a fantastic road in Loei that goes up and over some mountains. Very nice twisties and alot of elevation changes. I don't remember exactly where, but it is on the standard route from Bangkok to Loei that is on Google Maps directions and also on my Garmin Thai maps. It begins approximately 20 km outside of Muang Loei, and lasts for approximately 40ish km and was quite exhilarating even in a big truck. I often couldn't see over the front of the truck on the way up some very steep sections, and on the way down I could let the truck coast in neutral from a standstill to over 120 km per hour, which I stopped well before for safety. The drop off to either side was several hundred meters in some spots, certainly a death sentence, and of course no ra.iling, as it was all farmland and very rural. It is on my must drive list next on my motorcycle. Here is a link.

http://maps.google.c...mra=ls&t=h&z=10

Been on this road also in a car. It a must on the next bike ride.

Also been told about 1148 in NAN province to Chiang Kham

The 203 from Lom Sak to Loei via Dan Sai is a great road-

And agree- the 1148 from Nan to Chiang Kham is flippin fantastic! Nan is blessed with some of the most beautiful twisties in Thailand and the roads are in better repair and have a lot less traffic than the popular loops around Chiang Mai.

The 120 between Chiang Mai and Phayao is another fav-

WOOT!

• Like 1

Biker heaven- the 1081 in Nan:

:lol:

Hi Tony,

I don't know how many trip reports you given about the Nan route 1081, but my buddy and I certainly want to give it a blast. B)

I'm changing the gearing on my bike soon. First gear is way too tall for the slower twisties and Nan looks like it has a lot of low gear corners :)

Biker heaven- the 1081 in Nan:

:lol:

Hi Tony,

I don't know how many trip reports you given about the Nan route 1081, but my buddy and I certainly want to give it a blast. B)

I'm changing the gearing on my bike soon. First gear is way too tall for the slower twisties and Nan looks like it has a lot of low gear corners :)

That's not a bad idea to change your gearing- this road was a challenge on the Gixxer as it's geared quite tall. The shorter gearing on the Ninja 650R and Versys are perfect, but those bikes could use about 30 more ponies ;)

IMG_08111081SSR.jpg

I recall there was some talk about making a sticky in this forum for posting up Thailand's best MC roads, but I guess it never happened?

Anyway, I thought I'd share a few more-

The 1054 / 1155 Phu Chi Fa loop should be on everyone's list-

May4thPhuChiFaLoopMapSSR.jpg

Route 109 that connects Chiang Rai to Fang is a stunner-

May5thRoute109MapSSR.jpg

Highway 12, aka "Nam Nao Circuit", aka the Indo-China Highway is a sportbike wet dream of a road :lol:

Here's one piece of it riding east from Lom Sak in the direction of Chaiyaphum:

dam_n... now I'm itching to get out and RIDE! :lol:

Edited by BigBikeBKK

Hi Tony,

That's not a bad idea to change your gearing- this road was a challenge on the Gixxer as it's geared quite tall. The shorter gearing on the Ninja 650R and Versys are perfect, but those bikes could use about 30 more ponies ;)

I thought you might have similar problems but at least with your Gixxer, it is probably more tolerant at low load RPM, where as the Duke gets quite obnoxious and unruly.

With my current gearing on the 999, I can do just over 170+kph (indicated) in first gear. I'm never that brutal on it all the time and when on a normal ride will generally slip int into 2 nd at around 140-150. I'll probably go all new gearing and chain. I hate mixing up and old and new. I know that if I do this, I'm going to get more air time with the front end :lol:

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...