Car Insurance Companies In Thailand

I Purchased a new vechicle (Nissan) last year in March and it came with 1 years Fully comp. insurance.

I presume the current Insurers will offer a renewal nearer the expiry date.

Does anyone have any reconmendations for insurers here and ideas of prices.(Fully comp)?

The vechicle is a 4 door, 3 litre Diesel Pick Up, Manual, 2-WD.

We live in the North East - Buriram Province

I always used to shop around in the UK at renewal time as some policies offered additional benefits etc.

I'm more interested in a good policy and company than the cheapest price.

Same here, I use AIA fully comp on a 800,000 baht vehicle 22,000 baht a year never made a claim yet, more luck than better judgment though.

I don't know how this figure equates with other insurers but my sister in law works for them, keep it in the family.

My experience has been that they all offer similar prices as the premium is loosly based purely on the value of the vehicle, not engine size, speed or other risk. I have seen with Thai Zurich a form of no claims bonus over last 2 years, however premium increases have kept the cost pretty much the same as when I first took the policy out. Some insurers always allow you to use main dealerships for repairs, others insist on 'backstreet' operations. Thai Zurich instructed me to take mine to Mercedes (but its not a Merc) for some bodywork damage done in a car park, yet AXA insist on going to the backstreet boys (for my other car, Ford).

Personally, I would tend to stick with the insurer you start out with, as there does not seem to be any overwhelming reason to change.

Hoep this helps