Fb Comment

andyko

My opinion? For what it's worth.

Photo album titles are one thing.

Other people's Facebook comments? If you want to read them, learn to read Thai.

They're conversations, and as such, have a degree of privacy about them.

Obviously they're not entirely private, because they're on Facebook, but they're still other people's conversations (if they were meant for you, they would be in a language you understand), if you want to understand them I think that's a good motivation for learning.

No I don't think you posted anything wrong. It's just that I think that if you want to read other people's facebook comments, it's worth learning to read them yourself :) then you can join in.

Personally, I don't like translating them as they are other peoples conversations.

You may well get help from others who will do it for you :)

Why don't you stop being a creepy stalker, and go and ask the person who wrote it what it means?

good idea! i should have known it earlier. now im looking for creepy stalkers forum instead of thai language. thank you

and 1 more thing. i already had 4 foreign language courses in my life and thai may be the next 1. thank you for the suggestion :)

try using google chrome for your web browser, they have a great translation feature, and fb comments are meant to be read by others, that's why they are on face book, there are private ways of communicating on facebook, that others cannot see.cool.gif

yes handydog, it gives you some insight. sometimes it`s all wrong about the meaning and sometimes has nothing to say. that`s why i`m posting on this forum cos i know here are people who`s thai is 1st or 2nd language. there`s no other way, they don`t teach in thai language schools about it :). thank you

There`s no other way, they don`t teach in thai language schools about it :). thank you

There's no slang or colloquialisms in the comment you have posted. Anyone who has studied Thai to a reasonable level, formally or otherwise, will understand that comment.

And I would hazard a guess that most Thai teachers would happily explain slang or colloquialisms to their students should they ask, even those as trivial as the FB comments you feel the need to inquire about.

ah, now i can see, it was too easy to translate.

Anyone who has studied Thai to a reasonable level, formally or otherwise, will understand that comment. -sorry i hasn`t. and have no any thai teacher who`d be happy to explain it to me

In general I agree, this language forum is not the place to post anything that could be private. But having read the comment, this particular passage is not private. It means, roughly:

Facebook allows you to 'Comment' and to 'Like'  But... if you use Facebook and don't 'Like' something,  You should go back to using 'Hi 5' instead : P