Retired American Airlines Executive, Victim Of Theft From Pattaya Guest House.

Rimmer

Retired American Airlines Executive, victim of theft from Pattaya guest house.

PATTAYA: -- A former American Airlines Executive who now lives in Pattaya lost 500,000 Baht’s worth of cash and valuables following a suspected break-in of his apartment which is thought to have occurred on Friday. Mr. Kenneth Andrew Gallick aged 65, from USA who had come to Pattaya for 2 months with his Thai Wife, explained that he had returned to his room at the Siam House located in Soi 15 off the Thappraya Road in Jomtien on Friday Night and on Saturday Morning he intended to exchange some US Dollars for Thai currency. He went to open his room safe, located in the wardrobe and saw that all his cash and valuables had disappeared, including 10,000 US Dollars, a gold necklace worth 25,000 Baht, 2 gold rings, four luxury wrist watches, a credit card and other personal items with a combined value of around 500,000 Baht.

Full story HERE

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2011-09-24

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

I'll say it.

USD 10k? That cash should have been in the bank.

High priced watches are not necessary in Pattaya. If you really need one, just buy a copy and enjoy being stylish. :rolleyes:

Yep it's all the victims fault certainly no blame lies with the thief who robbed him :rolleyes: ..

He came to Pattaya for 2 months stay and he should have had a bank account when his room safe should have been just as secure?? <deleted> maybe he should have just hired a security firm from the states to provide security too :rolleyes: ?..

JFYI I don't trust room safes either but still it's not the victims fault it's the hotels fault..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Warp - Yeah, you are right and I was too quick on the keyboard. It is not entirely the pilot's fault and we all should expect some security especially if we place the items in a safe. Hopefully the hotel will have cctv and will be able to identify the thief.

Maybe his wife asked him to use the bank and he declined.

Warp - Yeah, you are right and I was too quick on the keyboard. It is not entirely the pilot's fault and we all should expect some security especially if we place the items in a safe. Hopefully the hotel will have cctv and will be able to identify the thief.

Maybe his wife asked him to use the bank and he declined.

Good on ya, respect..