Open Invite To All Mtb Riders

Tonto21

To all Guys and Girls who like riding MTB off-road. You are invited to come and ride the fantastic trails of Mae Taeng.

As yet no date has been set, as i need to see what response there is!

This is the proposal, (not set in concrete)

Meet-up, (probably my place, I'm well positioned for the ride-out) at a given time.

Ride,…….. Thought some of the best trails in Thailand.

Wash the bikes off, (if you want)

Go for a few wets and some food, and talk shit!

Then go home…….Wait a week or so and, repeat!

So what's needed? I'll provide the trails and back-up. You, bring a bike, (serviceable and fit for purpose) that is capable of going off-road, helmet, something to drink and a sense of humor.

Just to reiterate………This is intended to be a fun ride. All the trails we ride will be well within the capability of even the beginner….This first proposed ride is a 'suck it and see' This first ride is about meeting like minded people regardless of ability……We can adjust any further rides. The only requirement for each rider is that he/she can stay up-right in the seat for a minimum of an hour.

Don't have a bike at the Mo? I have a 17'5" hard tail, trail ready. I would be happy for someone to use, (one off) for a 'look-see'

So, Guys, Girls….Don't be shy, step up.

Cheers

Tonto

Hey, great idea Tonto! Let me make one suggestion though....

Let's meet at the sala 500 meters up the 1095 toward Pai (just before the canal) from HWY 107. A flat warm up on the canal before that first climb would be good too. Your place is really hard to find and this would ease things up. (I don't want to wait for lost souls.) Ending up at your place for a bike wash is a great idea, and I'll contribute some funds toward home beer!

I rode these trails yesterday with Tonto at race-pace on the climbs and it was a blast. Perfect interval training ride, but for a group ride I think a more leisurely pace with more stops would be better. Lot's of diversity on these trails and I appreciate Tonto for showing them to me. It was exactly the ride I needed yesterday. I'll attach a photo of the elevation profile. It starts and ends at 340 meters MSL and tops out at 410 meters MSL. Lots of short ups and downs which made it a fun ride. Not hard at all (except for following Tonto pushing those tall gears on the climbs!) but a lot of fun.

post-498-0-31203100-1317115348_thumb.png

Hey, great idea Tonto! Let me make one suggestion though....

Let's meet at the sala 500 meters up the 1095 toward Pai (just before the canal) from HWY 107. A flat warm up on the canal before that first climb would be good too. Your place is really hard to find and this would ease things up. (I don't want to wait for lost souls.) Ending up at your place for a bike wash is a great idea, and I'll contribute some funds toward home beer!

I rode these trails yesterday with Tonto at race-pace on the climbs and it was a blast. Perfect interval training ride, but for a group ride I think a more leisurely pace with more stops would be better. Lot's of diversity on these trails and I appreciate Tonto for showing them to me. It was exactly the ride I needed yesterday. I'll attach a photo of the elevation profile. It starts and ends at 340 meters MSL and tops out at 410 meters MSL. Lots of short ups and downs which made it a fun ride. Not hard at all (except for following Tonto pushing those tall gears on the climbs!) but a lot of fun.

Sounds good… The sala, as you detailed in your post would bea good spot for the RV.

And yes a good ride-out yesterday, I enjoyed your company mate.....And I thought I was the one having to keep up with you!!!………..Them puddles where deep, weren't they?

Yeah, the holes were plenty deep! Nothing like a little mud on a ride. Those trails have a lot of diversity so you have to stay sharp. Nice views too of all the lakes and from the ridge trails.

Good idea boys,its a pity i am so far away,love to go with you.

when i ride with the thais they always hit ALL the inclines hard and then slow down or wait for the slower less fit riders,then continue on at an easy pace, it gives them a work out and keeps all together and not lost.

Happy riding boys and girls.

cat

Yeah, the holes were plenty deep! Nothing like a little mud on a ride. Those trails have a lot of diversity so you have to stay sharp. Nice views too of all the lakes and from the ridge trails.

when i ride with the thais they always hit ALL the inclines hard and then slow down or wait for the slower less fit riders,then continue on at an easy pace, it gives them a work out and keeps all together and not lost.

cat

You would be welcome mate, we may have to let some air out your tires to slow you down a bit….. If you ever get up this way, drop us aline.

Cheers

Tonto

cat

You would be welcome mate, we may have to let some air out your tires to slow you down a bit….. If you ever get up this way, drop us aline.

Cheers

Tonto

On a big 1000 meter tall group ride back in Idaho, we stuck a big rock in a fast riders rack pack at the beginning of a ride to slow him down. He was a fanatic about weight as well and rode so fast that day we never did catch him until the top to tell him our our deed. The look on his face when he saw the rock was priceless. I think he still has it.

hi Tonto, discussed with t_dog on the possibility of a ride in Mae Taeng. just wondering what the timings would be for meeting up. have to factor in the 40 mins or so ride to mae taeng from superhighway. i am sure it would be fun. :) Hope we get more response from TV members. come on you guys, sign up here!

sorry to hijack this thread Tonto but all you beginners out there interested in early morning rides up doi suthep. start around 6.30am, lets meet up about 2-3 times a week. ride up to the temple, and down. i am still pretty much a beginner and ride about 1hr40mis to reach the temple (not counting rest times). pm me or simply reply here. (am sure Tonto wouldn't mind) :)

hi Tonto, discussed with t_dog on the possibility of a ride in Mae Taeng. just wondering what the timings would be for meeting up. have to factor in the 40 mins or so ride to mae taeng from superhighway. i am sure it would be fun. :) Hope we get more response from TV members. come on you guys, sign up here!

sorry to hijack this thread Tonto but all you beginners out there interested in early morning rides up doi suthep. start around 6.30am, lets meet up about 2-3 times a week. ride up to the temple, and down. i am still pretty much a beginner and ride about 1hr40mis to reach the temple (not counting rest times). pm me or simply reply here. (am sure Tonto wouldn't mind) :)

Hi 'tigerbeer' good to hear from you, and no I don't mind a bit. It would be good for all who enjoy bike riding.

I'm sorry to tell but I am off working again…Norway this time, I'll be away for 6 weeks. But please talk to T_dog.

You know what they say; "the more the merrier"

T_dog and I were going to explorer some routes in Mae Taeng tomorrow, (Thru 6th) I can't go…..I have the 'MAN FLU', (I think the medical term is head cold :huh: )

Give him a bell if you fancy a blast.

Laters

Tonto