PM Yingluck's Submarine 'Mix-Up'

webfact

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would Thailand even want 6 submarines? To protect from whom?

Australia only has 6 U-boats, but only a maximum of 4 are on active duty at any one time.

How is that relevant for Thailand?

Australia does not have neighbors like Burma or Cambodia.

And just for my information, why would Burma or Cambodia start a full scale war with Thailand? Do they even have one submarine?

Australia only has 6 U-boats, but only a maximum of 4 are on active duty at any one time.

I can see it now, a stealth attack on Thailand by submarine from either Burma or Cambodia.

Australia has New Zealand as a neighour - need to keep them bloody "All Blacks" in line.

And just for my information, why would Burma or Cambodia start a full scale war with Thailand? Do they even have one submarine?

Thailand already has one submarine.....its a big yellow thing anchored at Pattaya...:rolleyes:

Well at least one of those countries won't start a war now, Abhisit and his diplomatic buddy Kasit have left the building.

Seems lie like the current administration has stepped up their game in purchasing war weapons instead of unused firetrucks.

Must be more profit in it for the deal makers.

Good to see they have their (the government) priorities in order - helicopters,submarienes what next "flight to the moon" oh wait a moment when do we have "items that affect the general populace of Thailand" oh ok those type things will be discussed at a later date, just as soon as we settle the important issues - next item for discussion discussion discussion Rentry of Fugitives - for the betterment of themselves and their families. What a circus nearly as good as the current Australian Labour Party certainly on parity.

I seem to remember the OP stating that the Cabinet had discussed 37 items. One of those being the military budget..

Edited by phiphidon

Mildly amusing but not exactly in the same category of amazing as when Suthep and his buddies forgot the military had used live rounds

You continue to lower yourself, hammered. :huh:

Why? My main interest has always been the media, meme, story and truth and while this is an amusing but harmless story the statements of not using live rounds and then firing into the air were a lot more controversial and yet easily let pass by. Media bias and unreliability are of course the expected norm but full content analysis shows a level of bias right now not seen before in the English language Thai media. That is quite worrying even allowing for the natural bias that exists in all media.

If I am of good memory...

All these military purchases were HORRIBLE and a drain on the country

in the eyes / mouths of PTP pols last year when first discussed under the Dems.

Now these same deals go through as a benefit to the country under PTP.

And the same PTP Pols mouths wag in unison about how good this is.

I guess good for the country really depends on which side

gets to skim off the cream from the top of the profits....

------------------------------

I am also of good enough memory to see certain members have very much changed their lines of discussion in the recent past. Almost diametrically different, as if a formerly opposing party has taken over their name. Useless to speculate why, but clear to be seen.

Edited by animatic

You should see her tissue box.

pack+of+lies+2.jpg

I think she must have bought the vendor's whole supply - for the future, and anything relating to questions about "big bad bruv" such as on non-priorities, amnesties, passports, non-preferential treatment, etc:!!!:D.

If I am of good memory...

All these military purchases were HORRIBLE and a drain on the country

in the eyes / mouths of PTP pols last year when first discussed under the Dems.

Now these same deals go through as a benefit to the country under PTP.

And the same PTP Pols mouths wag in unison about how good this is.

I guess good for the country really depends on which side

gets to skim off the cream from the top of the profits....

------------------------------

I am also of good enough memory to see certain members have very much changed their lines of discussion in the recent past. Almost diametrically different, as if a formerly opposing party has taken over their name. Useless to speculate why, but clear to be seen.

I guess your right!!!:jap:

Royal Cambdian Navy

The navy possesses fifteen patrol craft and a further two patrol craft of the "fast attack" variety. There are also about 170 motorized and manual canoes.

The new subs will come in handy against those nasty manual canoes. :whistling:

Well, the experts did say that "due to the increase of the minimum wage/salary/income/cash in the hand (or brown envelopes) then companies would look to automation to reduce their labour costs. I presume that a majority of those canoes have been fitted with engines rather than rely on manual labour to propel them!!!!

I wonder what sort of engines they utilise??? A couple of Yamaha V6 outboard motors would be cool!!! :blink: Watch em go!!!:).

Current government is like a headless chicken. The real person in charge is not incountry, and therefore cannot control things hour by hour minute by minute. Yingluck has no experience and doesn't know what she is doing. Charlem is really pulling the strings, BUT he has his own mind, and I am sure he won't do everything the boss tells him to do. I would even go as far to say he probably has his own agenda. Next couple of months will be very interesting, and expect to see some AMAZING surprises. :)

Mildly amusing but not exactly in the same category of amazing as when Suthep and his buddies forgot the military had used live rounds

Why? My main interest has always been the media, meme, story and truth and while this is an amusing but harmless story the statements of not using live rounds and then firing into the air were a lot more controversial and yet easily let pass by. Media bias and unreliability are of course the expected norm but full content analysis shows a level of bias right now not seen before in the English language Thai media. That is quite worrying even allowing for the natural bias that exists in all media.

What about those "men in black" who clearly weren't firing in the air but shooting indiscriminately at anything that moved (and then didn't move)???

This is not a trivial story by the way. What's trivial about the Prime minister confusing submarines (craft that travel under water) and helicopters (craft that travel in the air)??? Does she not listen or participate in government affairs??

We ALL new that she was incompetent and shouldn't be running the country (this seems to be way down the list of her top priorities as Thaksin is clearly number 1, 2 and 3) but just how much so is unbelievable and quite alarming!!:unsure:

Edited by SICHONSTEVE

"The original spending outlay was Bt7.7 billion, but the Navy agreed to cut the price after vetting by a panel formed by Defence Minister Yuthasak Sasiprapha."

The Navy agreed to cut the price?

Meaning, the Navy agreed to limit the number of snout's at the trough.

Just what I was thinking!!!

Any price reductions would have to come from the German side, surely!!:blink:

Come on guys, give the lady a break. These things happen. Just goto Yahoo or Google and search for +"prime minister" +retract

this time most likely a real honest mistake ;)

Edited by rubl

Helicopters.... submarines....same same.

No, no, no! Same same but different.

Be reasonable!!!

It's only a trivial error (as "Hammered" decries). That would be fun though - sending the submarines to the air force with Hellfire missiles mounted on the outside and heilcopters to the Navy for under-sea use loaded with Trident missiles (or the Thai equivalent)!!! :D.

Edited by SICHONSTEVE

I think you are attacking the issue from the direction hammered. What the English language media is doing is what all media should be - putting those in power under pressure to perform better. Why not applaud that? Doesn't stop you from lamenting occasions when they fail to.

Your argument rather seems to be, because they have failed in the past, to be fair and equal, they should fail again now. Kind of reminds me of most red-sided lines of argument/defence.

Come on guys, give the lady a break. These things happen. Just goto Yahoo or Google and search for +"prime minister" +retract

Has she admitted it??? or retracted it???

Too busy, she has people doing that type of work for her ;)

Australia has a neighbour called Indonesia, and it is no coincidence most of of our military is based in the North and West, as neither kiwis or penguins are considered dangerous.

The only way to re-supply an invasion of Australia is by sea, hence the submarines. If Burma or Cambodia decided in their insanity to launch an invasion of Thailand, they both have considerable land borders across which to do so.

You may also remember some time back that royal approval was given for a fleet of patrol boats, and on paper they looked pretty good. Strangely enough, somewhere between approval and ordering, the specs for size,deck gun, range and stores capacity was reduced markedly, probably to fit what the seller with the best kick-back deal had on offer.

She sent a lackie to fix her mistake.

However, about two hours later, after the prime minister’s words had been reported by the online media, deputy government spokesman Chalitrat Chantharubeksa walked through the afternoon rain to the Government House press room to correct the prime minister’s statement.

The prime minister did not clarify or make any correction on the issue to Government House reporters.

She sent a lackie to fix her mistake.

However, about two hours later, after the prime minister's words had been reported by the online media, deputy government spokesman Chalitrat Chantharubeksa walked through the afternoon rain to the Government House press room to correct the prime minister's statement.

The prime minister did not clarify or make any correction on the issue to Government House reporters.

Doing so would cause damage to her "face" - sort of like walking into a door.:D

All politics made mistake, give her a break.

I believe especially US people should not criticizes too much, considering what kind of president they used to have... rolleyes.gif

Thaksin family still looks way better than Bush family if you ask me.

I am a Yank and Bush did not only look stupid but he also was below average intellect. At least she looks great and give her some slack please.