CIA Torture Chamber At Bangkok's Former Don Muang International Airport?

webfact

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Belhaj was detained by the CIA in Thailand in 2004 following an MI6 tip-off, allegedly tortured, then flown to Tripoli, where he says he suffered years of abuse in one of Muammar Gaddafi's prisons," the Guardian reported.

I find the above quote from Belhaj somewhat strange. We are all well aware of what happened to the enemies of Gadaffi as the finding of a mass grave a couple of days ago shows us oh so plainly.

Yes I see no reason that Don Muang could have been a site for a covert detention and interrogation centre as it was in fact a military base first and foremost.

"MI6 had been able to tell the CIA of his whereabouts, after his associates informed British diplomats in Malaysia that he wished to claim asylum in the UK.

Now according to reports Belhaj wants to claim political asylum in the U.K. when it appears he is on the winning side in the Libyan conflict.

One is led to believe that that venerable bastion of the British press, 'The Guardian," has been sold a pup

I understood it to mean that he wanted to apply for asylum back in 2004 which led to his location being known to MI6 who passed it on to the CIA.Isn't it interesting that he gets tortured by the CIA then tortured by Gaddafi and now he's one of the "good guys" that NATO have spent millions providing air support for? If I had to bet on a location for a CIA detention centre in Thailand I would have bet on U-Thapao. The USAF have been flying out of there for years and not only for Cobra Gold exercises

I believe several other Libyans were 'well hung' also.

What isn't in the report, is there were also complaints placed regarding torture using some of the following specific Thai techniques:

- depriving suspects of warm conditions in transportation, via torture using ultra chilled airconditioning WITHOUT a blanket, and then forcing the suspect to wear a cardigan but THE RIGHT WAY AROUND

- mental torture using children standing outside a taxi stuck at the lights, consistently nodding and offering flowers, and then nodding, and then not smiling and nodding again

- insisting on making all food served extremely bland, and refusing to add chillies, claiming "kaek kao kin aharn pet mai pen"

- prefacing every sentence during the interrogation with 'hey you, farang, you you'

- making the suspect walk outside in the bright sunshine, but not providing the requisite A4 sheet of paper to shield themselves from the sun, and thus making them 'mai sabai'

- refusing to provide access to Smooth E whitening facial wash

- providing a toilet with the squirty gun...but no where to hang clothing and a completely wet and dirty floor....and no soap

- double pricing at the crocodile farmnon-

And the most advanced technique:

- In the room with Chalerm's son, who used the advanced looking sideways and taking glasses on and off David Caruso techniques, with careful question phrasing and statement making such as "When I ask how are you" (takes off glasses) "you better have not washed your hair properly using my happy toiletries" (puts on glasses and looks sideways) "or you are mai mee how"

It was a brutal experience.

I think you may have been an interogator in your last life. OMG! How cruel you could be. (lol)

Seriously was this non-story even worth printing?

What B.S. really.

Edited by prvtdetdave

"Belhaj was detained by the CIA in Thailand in 2004 following an MI6 tip-off, allegedly tortured, then flown to Tripoli, where he says he suffered years of abuse in one of Muammar Gaddafi's prisons," the Guardian reported.

I find the above quote from Belhaj somewhat strange. We are all well aware of what happened to the enemies of Gadaffi as the finding of a mass grave a couple of days ago shows us oh so plainly.

Yes I see no reason that Don Muang could have been a site for a covert detention and interrogation centre as it was in fact a military base first and foremost.

"MI6 had been able to tell the CIA of his whereabouts, after his associates informed British diplomats in Malaysia that he wished to claim asylum in the UK.

Now according to reports Belhaj wants to claim political asylum in the U.K. when it appears he is on the winning side in the Libyan conflict.

One is led to believe that that venerable bastion of the British press, 'The Guardian," has been sold a pup

I understood it to mean that he wanted to apply for asylum back in 2004 which led to his location being known to MI6 who passed it on to the CIA.Isn't it interesting that he gets tortured by the CIA then tortured by Gaddafi and now he's one of the "good guys" that NATO have spent millions providing air support for? If I had to bet on a location for a CIA detention centre in Thailand I would have bet on U-Thapao. The USAF have been flying out of there for years and not only for Cobra Gold exercises

Me thinks there's a huge difference between the CIA's interrogation techniques and the ones employed by Gaddafi and his crew. If it was up to me, I'll side with the CIA.

A few conspiracy theory posts have been removed, along with one associated reply. Apologies to the member who posted the reply. :jap:

There are plenty of other websites dedicated to all sorts of conspiracy theories, thaivisa.com is not one of them.

Thanks for the apology Craig -- classy thing to do.

It's a load of s*#t that is actually believed by a remarkably large number of people so I generally prefer to debunk it with objective facts gained from having done a fair amount of research, but I can understand your decision.