Thailand/Pattaya Attracts The Worst

PattayaPhom

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PATTAYA - Where a man is measured by the number of tattoos on his forearms.

So how many tattoos do you have big man?

Unfortunately, zero. But I've been thinking about getting a few really bad ones.

I assume the title means foreign expats or sexpats - which is true but many of the Pattaya residents don't realize that Pattaya attracts the worst of Thais - the con artists/scammers, drug dealers, prostitutes(of course) and criminal filth from all over Thailand.

PATTAYA - Where a man is measured by the number of tattoos on his forearms.

So how many tattoos do you have big man?

Unfortunately, zero. But I've been thinking about getting a few really bad ones.

You really should get some and then my friend you can become a man! you should also think about getting the singha vest and shaved head with a beer belly and then you could be THE man!

You really should get some and then my friend you can become a man! you should also think about getting the singha vest and shaved head with a beer belly and then you could be THE man!

My hair is thinning in the back. It may be time for a full shave job? Perhaps even pull out a few teeth.

Though, with a shaved head I think I'd look like a rat with cancer.

I assume the title means foreign expats or sexpats - which is true but many of the Pattaya residents don't realize that Pattaya attracts the worst of Thais - the con artists/scammers, drug dealers, prostitutes(of course) and criminal filth from all over Thailand.

agree with you mate

charlie

• 2 weeks later...

The bad ones are a minority, Im sure there are a minority of bad ones in every city in the world. I don't think Pattaya's any worse than anywhere else.

Beer belly, bald head, tattoos, pigeon english, £5.00 trainers - thats me does that make me some how a "worst" or "bad" one?

Did anyone actually move to Pattaya for any other reason than cheap beer, women and all the other taboos that bring in the lowest of the low? Perhaps the op was unaware of what Pattaya was all about when he moved here!

I did not move here for the cheap beer (I don't drink), women (I have a partner) and all the other taboos that you mention. But I was aware of Pattaya's reputation and I am comfortable with it provided that one canstill escape the "seedy" side, which we still can for now. The authorities have stated they want to "re-balance" Pattaya, and I am all for that. Whether it suceeds is another matter.

Believe it or not, there is quite a significant number who moved here for work (usually at nearby industrial estates or Laem Chabang) or liked the location since it is close to a major city (BKK), beaches and a well connnected airport. A place that affords a lifestyle somewhere between big city and laid-back resort. I like it here and I totally reject the notion that Pattaya is all about sin and nothing else, so forget any efforts to make it more livable, forget cleaning up beaches and just leave the city alone for bars, beer, working gals and their patrons. Sorry guys, you gotta share with us boring people.

Well put. Many of us hardly ever make it to Central Pattaya. If you avoid that part of town, it's a great place to live. Just got back from my 1+ hour walk on the beach. Fantastic. Hardly saw anybody.

Tell me exactly how one can live in Pattaya and walk on the beach for an hour (in one direction I presume. Not just in circles) and still manage to avoid beach Rd. Yes, I am aware of Naklua and the crappy beaches there. Technically that is not Pattaya and you will still see these so called seedy people you seem so averse to. Jomtien, Same same.

If it weren't for the sex industry Pattaya wouldn't be much different than Ban Saray. Just another sleepy fishing village town with a so so beach and no infrastructure or tourist facilities. The sex industry isn't going anywhere. It subsidizes many things you take for granted every day. It's changing but change is always inevitable.

Edited by ES1

agree with you mate

charlie

Johnniey and charlie,

A lot of the foreign residents of Pattaya are very well aware of the MINORITY of the local populace, both foreign and Thai, that are either criminals or have close links with crime.

Yours (and others) incessant pleading for 'the blind farangs' to wake up and realize what a cess pit they live near is all very touching. It truly shows a degree of concern and compassion that maybe should be focused in a way that gives you a real feeling of self-worth and reward. Repeating your concerns ad nauseum on this (and probably other) forum(s) where you are only a voice crying in the wilderness must be so very discouraging. I wonder how you can face each day at the keyboard, knowing that most people ignore your selfless work in trying your very best to 'save' the ignorant, less pious, promiscuous and downright nasty.

Now, <deleted>!

Please?

agree with you mate

charlie

Johnniey and charlie,

A lot of the foreign residents of Pattaya are very well aware of the MINORITY of the local populace, both foreign and Thai, that are either criminals or have close links with crime.

Yours (and others) incessant pleading for 'the blind farangs' to wake up and realize what a cess pit they live near is all very touching. It truly shows a degree of concern and compassion that maybe should be focused in a way that gives you a real feeling of self-worth and reward. Repeating your concerns ad nauseum on this (and probably other) forum(s) where you are only a voice crying in the wilderness must be so very discouraging. I wonder how you can face each day at the keyboard, knowing that most people ignore your selfless work in trying your very best to 'save' the ignorant, less pious, promiscuous and downright nasty.

Now, <deleted>!

Please?

+1 thumbsup.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing like a refreshing reminder of why I came to Thailand, read some of the threads from the moaners and groaners with their Western winger's, its like reading the gutter press in UK, a great reminder why I am here and Loving it.

Okay then. We need -- a Pattaya dress code; a prohibition of public alcohol consumption;a means test;an English proficiency test;an anti-obesity statute; a ban on fat waddling western wives;prison sentences for feminists;gays, Arabs, Iranians, Pakistanis, East Indians, and Eastern Europeans, should all be held, in order to preserve the common good, in a fenced off Jomtien; and the great looking Russian babes should be held in Naklua. Then, and only then, will Pattaya become a paradise for the Victorian elite. B)

That seems reasonable......Can an Ex-Pat become Mayor?