Cesar Millan - Dog Whisperer

Sorry to be so coarse, but rubbish!

I adopted his 'calm, assertive' approach once I discovered his programmes and found it works. DEFINITELY not fear-based as I love my dogs and they sleep on the bed with me at night - they have no fear of me at all, but understand I am 'pack leader'. THAT is what CM is preaching and others pretending that his programmes are edited to not show how he inculcates fear in the dog is annoying as his method works.

Just as an aside, i've never understood why people would want to sleep with their dogs. Use all the Frontline in the world, and check them daily, they'll still get ticks and other mites in their fur. Why not have them sleep on the floor beside the bed. More hygienic and might help with whole pack leader thing.

I suspect its 'cos I love my dogs more than people (embarrassed emoticon)! Especially now I am on my own - so its lovely to cuddle my dogs.

I haven't seen any fleas in the 5 years I've been here, but a couple of years ago had a MAJOR problem with ticks... horrible, but (touch wood) I haven't had a problem since.

You're right in that it would reinforce the 'pack leader' thing if I didn't allow them on the bed, but fortunately my dogs accept me as pack leader anyway - so its not a concern.