Immigration Asking To See Boarding Cards

When I arrived at Bangkok International last October there were signs on the Immigration desks asking passengers to show their boarding card. I had dumped mine and was worried during the 45 minute wait to get to the desk. Is this still a requirement?

I wonder if the new rules about Boarding cards and Return/onward tickets are something to do with terrorist control or leftover SARS rules. Maybe they just like persecuting arrivals?

How lovely it would be to arrive at a well staffed Immigration Hall and be promptly greeted with a smile, wai and "Welcome to Thailand our latest new requirement is....." and similar when the formalities are over - I am a dreamer?

When I arrived at Bangkok International last October there were signs on the Immigration desks asking passengers to show their boarding card. I had dumped mine and was worried during the 45 minute wait to get to the desk. Is this still a requirement?

I wonder if the new rules about Boarding cards and Return/onward tickets are something to do with terrorist control or leftover SARS rules. Maybe they just like persecuting arrivals?

How lovely it would be to arrive at a well staffed Immigration Hall and be promptly greeted with a smile, wai and "Welcome to Thailand our latest new requirement is....." and similar when the formalities are over - I am a dreamer?

The security noose tightens in airports :o

I was asked for my boarding card when I went to Singapore post SARS. The reason was so they could contact persons from nearby seats if you became infected.

The only reason that I can imagine they see it for is when a few planes land at the same time it can prove where you came from and what flight.