Tourist Visa For Tgf

Greetings all, after looking into this issue for some time and getting all kind of different answers I thought I would try posting it here, as I have seen some people on this forum really have a great level of local knowledge.

My issue seems more that I am not in the "normal" situation of "I live in AU, have a 9-5 job, wants to bring my Thai GF over for a visit……" that would probably be easy.

Surely the AU embassy staff can take my case and see what's what without the doom/gloom replies some people have given me.

Situation : Simply would like to have a vacation in AU with my TGF I have been living with for nearly 2 years in our house in Phuket. Visit my 2 daughters and aging Mum and introduce my TGF.

There is always focus on assets so straight to that :

Nearly all I have is here, not in AU! So the normal job in AU to "support us" does not exist.

I have several investments, including the house we live in, under a company name which my TGF has 90% of the shares. We have 2 cars (selling 1) , bike. And live off cash in the bank, For 2 years (in Nov) I have been living with her with only time apart being 3 weeks visit to AU and a few visa runs (as we do) We would be staying at my mothers and other friends for about 1 month. Yes I am sure mom can write a invite if that is needed. (But she is retired) Will have to pay someone to house sit here as well, so I will be looking forward to getting back. (Don't really want to go but mums over 80, and I miss my daughters)

I will have half ownership of a house in QLD, with my sister soon, but god knows when the AU Lawyers pull their finger out, (they seem to answer to no one and if your mechanic stuffed and fumbled about like the Lawyers do you would not go back) Perhaps this bears some importance for the paperwork..

TGF has Degree from major BKK uni, nice employment history / CV and bankbook with considerable cash flow and from a family owning considerable rubber tree plantations.

I probably missed some info that's relevant here and given info that is not, but I have to start somewhere.

One thing makes me ponder is if I need 2 return plane tickets to her a visa and it doesn't happen, then what happens to her tickets?

Thanks to all who can share a bit of their time here, a great site.

Why are you so worried as its strikingly obvious you have a genuine relationship if what you say you can prove. As long as you can prove it and show some cash in the bank and that that is how you will support her on the holiday and providing a letter of support from your mother, i dont see you having a problem.

one word of advice. Never buy airline tickets before you have the visa in your hand.

You only getting a 3 month visa?

Please remember to put the Country you are talking about in the topic header, this point has been made several times.

No tickets before a visa is granted.

Edited by 7by7
Topic title now amended to include 'Australia'

My issue seems more that I am not in the "normal" situation of "I live in AU, have a 9-5 job, wants to bring my Thai GF over for a visit……" that would probably be easy.

Actually, it would probably be harder. The fact that you and your GF have an established relationship, that you reside in Thailand and that all of your assets are here gives your GF a further reason to return after her visit. If you "lived in AU, had a 9-5 job, wanted to bring your Thai GF over for a visit" she would be considered at higher risk of overstaying.

I'd say your chances are pretty good (but still wait until you get the visa before you pay for the tickets).

You spent half your post talking about yourself. As an Oz citizen you dont need a visa....Immigration are only concerned about her and the two main points that concern them is.........Does she have sufficient funds for the trip or access to funds, Does she have a reason to return to Thailand after the trip....As long as you can cover those two points you should be ok.

Dont buy tickets prior to getting the visa

Edited by gburns57au
  • Like 1