Sell Mac Services In Bkk For Commission

I had a one-man business doing Macintosh consulting/instruction (plus other Apple products and general IT work), in the San Francisco area for 5 years before coming to Thailand (almost 6 years ago). My hope was to continue doing this kind of work here. Well, I have been, but not at the pace and volume I would like.

I’m wondering if I can find someone who could work the sales end, while I do the actual service, in return for a commission.

I’ve tried ‘guerilla marketing’ in the past, like I did successfully in the U.S. (putting up posters, ads in free papers, a few paid ads, a few web sites, etc.), but it has not been productive enough. (Also, I have slacked off on it.)

I’ve been targeting mainly the English speaking expat community, as my Thai is pretty basic.

Perhaps with the increased stability of the Mac operating system (and the fact that many current users grew up using computers), there is now less need for a Mac expert to help people sort through the various little issues they haven’t the time or inclination to deal with themselves. Still, I’m constantly surprised at how many people I meet who only do the most basic things with their Macs and value the chance to have a knowledgable and patient person help them become more adept at using their machines, deal with network problems, learn Photoshop, make a basic web site, etc.

bangkokmac.com