Fishing From Shore/Rocks In Phuket

somchai jones

Hi folks

Lived in Samui and the shore fisihng was very poor. Only very small fish from beach or rocks. A bit better in my kayak fising over the reef for squid or beyond the reef in deeper water.

Now in Cha-am. Long pier to fish from but again very poor shore fishing.

Considering a trip to Phuket soon as it's many years since I've been. Just wondering if anyone knows of any decent spots to fish from the shore or if indeed there are any?

Hire a longtail boat.with a a sea gypsea fisherman...ask for.. MR NIP.. on Rawaii pier he will take you fishing around the rocks off BON ISLAND and below PROM THEP CAPE,,his local knowledge is unbeleiveable,we have always caught fish with him :rolleyes:

Hire a longtail boat.with a a sea gypsea fisherman...ask for.. MR NIP.. on Rawaii pier he will take you fishing around the rocks off BON ISLAND and below PROM THEP CAPE,,his local knowledge is unbeleiveable,we have always caught fish with him :rolleyes:

What does he charge to hire his longtail??

depends on what you want,if you want to hire the boat for fishing including ,rods, bait etc for the day,up to 6 poeple last year it was 3,000 bht ..it may have changed since i went,but its up to you what you want,,hes fair and hes very good and speaks good english...:whistling:

depends on what you want,if you want to hire the boat for fishing including ,rods, bait etc for the day,up to 6 poeple last year it was 3,000 bht ..it may have changed since i went,but its up to you what you want,,hes fair and hes very good and speaks good english...:whistling:

Sounds good, what types of fish did you catch