Thai Company

I work for a Global OEM in Colombia however I hold my residence back here in Bangkok. I follow my work roster of 2 months in abroad & 1 back in Bangkok.

This is fine however it limits my capabilities with license's, vehicle ownership, loans etc etc from Thailand as my income comes to Thailand from abroad. I can get around the license & vehicle ownership however it is a long process each time I need to do it.

My question is, can I set up a Thai Company from which I would work as an Advisor or Consultant for the OEM that I am currently employed by or is this classed as a Thai National Only Position? The reasoning I am thinking of working this way is that I would then reap the benefits of home loans & easier process's to update license's, change ownership of my vehicle's etc etc.

I have contacted a few Legal Firms, some of which I do not feel comfortable with their answer and other's I have not received answer's at all...

Anyone know if this is possible or know of a good Thai Lawfirm that could assist? (Not looking for the big commercial names for lawfirms...)

Seeing as no work is being conducted in Thailand per se, a representative office for the Global OEM may be possible, but you would be required to remit to the office in Thailand somewhere in the region of THB 5.0million over a 5 year period, belive its THB 2.0 million the first year and THB 1.0million per year for the remaining 3 years (maximum duration for a Rep office is 5 years).

If the only reason you are trying to do this is to avail yourself to home loans etc, can't really the the point, as even if you are here on a WP, getting a mortgage in your own name as a farang in Thailand is just about impossible anyway,you can co-sign a loan for a Thai national and the loan is in their name, but from what I understand you dont need a WP to do this.

As regards the other stuff, if you are on a non-imm visa, you can do this anyway.