Land: Limit On Personal Lease Vs. Commercial

Just verifing some info . Can I make a personal 10 year lease on land and house, or must it be registered ( I will be paying every 6 months in advance ) I have heard 3 years is the limit.

And what is the limit for a company renting land for a business? I have heard 10 years.

Any leases exceeding these limits must be registered at the provincial Land Office, correct?

Thanks

T W

The hire of immovable property, lease or rent being the same thing, can be made for up to 30 years at a time. If for more than 3 years the lease must be registered with the local land office to be enforceable.

Maximum for residential is 30 years, for commercial it's 50 years.

If structured imaginatively and with 'local intrepretation' this may aid an individual hoping to hold a villa for more than 30 years.

The hire of immovable property, lease or rent being the same thing, can be made for up to 30 years at a time. If for more than 3 years the lease must be registered with the local land office to be enforceable.

If structured imaginatively and with 'local intrepretation' this may aid an individual hoping to hold a villa for more than 30 years.

The OP is talking about a "personal 10 year lease on land and house"; therefore, thirty years is the maximum lease period allowed IAW Section 540 of the Civil and Commercial Code and the contract has to be registered IAW Section 538.

Thanks for replies but maybe I have not asked the question correctly ?

I am seeking legal limits on commercial leases NOT REGISTERED

3 years for personal lease on residence , yes we all agree, if not registered .

However I have someone telling me 10 years for a commercial lease is the limit - NOT REGISTERED. This land would be used to house a business, AND a personal home.

Thanks

The OP is talking about a "personal 10 year lease on land and house"; therefore, thirty years is the maximum lease period allowed IAW Section 540 of the Civil and Commercial Code and the contract has to be registered IAW Section 538.