Dirty Dancing Leaves Everyone In A Spin

george

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all the hoopla, I was half expecting to watch a girl fiendishly scratching away at her "hoo hoo"...which was not the case. At worst the video was embarrassing to watch. In fact, I have seen guys at McDonald's scratching their "junk" while ordering a Big Mac with more fervor than the girl in the video.

She isn't a great singer and I doubt she'll cut an album anytime soon but her performance was both sexy and funny at the same time. A pretty good performance.

As with so many things in Thai society, we have some innocent girl trying to make a living being attacked by hypocritical pooyais who bombard her in the day while getting their balls rubbed by some masseuse/prostitute at night. Leave the poor girl alone, she's trying to earn an honest living and isn't hurting anyone. Watching Woody interviewing/attacking her made me want to vomit and slap his face. What a piece of shit. The two self righteous morons with him were just as bad.

--snip--

Edited by george

I agree with your assessment! My sentiments exactly.

That's one annoying, talentless girl and a lame performance. I can't believe anybody has bothered giving her attention. AND the orgasm moans to Thai country music, the worst noise on earth, were so low class.

Of course she has to rub her squeeze box in a skimpy bikini on stage cuz she sure can't sing, she can't dance and she ain't cute.

With all the hoopla, I was half expecting to watch a girl fiendishly scratching away at her "hoo hoo"...which was not the case. At worst the video was embarrassing to watch. In fact, I have seen guys at McDonald's scratching their "junk" while ordering a Big Mac with more fervor than the girl in the video.

Thin girl with yeast infection= quarter pounder with cheese.whistling.gif

I think the girl is relatively cute, and the song is fun to listen to...even without the visuals...

But as noted above, the girl is an upcountry university student trying to earn money to pay for her studies through her singing.... Hard to argue with that.

In an interview, she's said she got the idea from watching some other female performer, I presume Thai, and decided to give it a try... Well, it seems to have worked, because nobody much had heard of her before.

Personally, I hope she earns millions of baht and becomes a big celebrity.... maybe the next Tata's Young... B)

Thin girl with yeast infection= quarter pounder with cheese.whistling.gif

ROTFLMAO ...I almost tinkled!

ah you gotta love it, Thai pretensions to squeaky-cleanliness brought face-to-face with reality - the quicker the older generations can get over their silly pretend-Victorian attitudes towards sex, the better!

Yep...and the folk that act the Most Squeaky Clean probably have the most Mia Nois -- LOL :lol:

ah you gotta love it, Thai pretensions to squeaky-cleanliness brought face-to-face with reality - the quicker the older generations can get over their silly pretend-Victorian attitudes towards sex, the better!

You don't seem to know very much about Thailand.. While the performance is of poor quality I'd say it is more aligned with Thai culture than it is a departure from it.

a bit of history about Nongpanee Mahadthai

SOURCE: http://bk.asia-city....panee-mahadthai

I have been singing for nine years. My parents both did likay and I dreamed of being like them since I was young. But when I grew up, I realized that I wanted to be a singer, after I was in a singing competition at school.

My mom really supports me being a singer.

I moved from Angthong to Supanburi to study at Rajamangala University of Technology Suvarnabhumi Suphanburi Campus. I am a second-year student of management.

At first, I didn't sing in a sexy way. I started doing it after seeing another female singer do it. I really liked her style, so I asked a dancer to teach me to dance like that. My performances have been more sexy since then.

Edited by metisdead
Edited for fair use.

The interview:

Yeah that's the one we watched. I really thought they came off as idiots of the highest order with honours in hypocrisy. I don't rate her singing or dancing for that matter but as pointed out earlier, every generation will forever offend the previous one with pushing boundaries further andfurther. I dont hear any of the youngn's complaining

the vulgar Thai word for a females genitals is ..."

New one on me ............ I'll go for oo chung.

Caused much embarrassment for the g/f in Tesco when I called out asking her if she wanted oyster sauce. "Nam hoi" wasn't quite right.

Glad I'm not keen on kite-flying.

I wonder if Mr Woody knows the full story on his nickname?

And why won't the bloody bold button function?

Edited by metisdead
Bold font removed.

I am sure some blue haired, horn rimmed pooyai in an office somewhere has been rushed to hospital after seeing that.

That said, for shock value, pretty good going. Great advertising for the international education hub among teenage boys too.

Son :Dad, Can I go to school in Thailand?

Dad :Only if I get to go with you.

You find that that a poor rural rice farmers wife would be far more offended by this than any “ blue blue haired, horn rimmed pooyai”.

Why are so many trying to make this into a class thing rather then the cultural and changing morals issue that is actually is.

TH

a bit of history about Nongpanee Mahadthai

SOURCE: http://bk.asia-city....panee-mahadthai

I have been singing for nine years. My parents both did likay and I dreamed of being like them since I was young. But when I grew up, I realized that I wanted to be a singer, after I was in a singing competition at school.

My mom really supports me being a singer.

I moved from Angthong to Supanburi to study at Rajamangala University of Technology Suvarnabhumi Suphanburi Campus. I am a second-year student of management.

Sounds like the typical nonsense you read on sites like Tagged, next to countless.. ahem... interesting pics of themselves.

Let me get this straight, she is singing about an itchy va jay jay? blink.gif Was the concert sponsored by Vagisil?

Cant say I saw anything wrong with it, sexy girls dancing and singing scantily clad, sounds like its a winning formulas not only Thailand but around the world.

The response she got from this Woody guy is just the typical 2 faced approach to the subject where thais are concerned, they love this stuff as can be seen in the many Karaoke joints/bars around the country and this Woody Geezer just saw a chance to pick on the poor girl and thankfully it backfired on him

And in reality there is a real important public health message in that song, just remember you guys when your hanging with a nice thai lady dressed like that she just might have a itchy joo joo :D so remember to wrap that big boy up :D

DK

We'll leave the ladyboys to you. :thumbsup:

I am sure some blue haired, horn rimmed pooyai in an office somewhere has been rushed to hospital after seeing that.

That said, for shock value, pretty good going. Great advertising for the international education hub among teenage boys too.

Son :Dad, Can I go to school in Thailand?

Dad :Only if I get to go with you.

You find that that a poor rural rice farmers wife would be far more offended by this than any “ blue blue haired, horn rimmed pooyai”.

Why are so many trying to make this into a class thing rather then the cultural and changing morals issue that is actually is.

TH

Because it is always the "ministry of culture" that gets its nickers in a twist about this, and usually does sweet FA about it. The rice farmers have little or no way to change anything, so I don't blame them if it occurs and people are offended. It is the powerful and priviledged who have the power to change things here, and they simply spout their indignation, and do precisely NOTHING.

Edited by Thai at Heart

I've read the article 3 times now. Maybe it's the heat, but I can't see the culture minister mentioned anywhere.

In another article:

Despite condemnation by the Culture Ministry and polite Thai society for her raunchy dance and tiny denim pants - and her videos that went viral on YouTube, with 13 million views - singer Ja Turbo's popularity continues, thanks to social-media websites.

Her Turbo Music fan-club page on Facebook has had the "like" button clicked more than 113,000 times, and now she's joined Twitter. Since signing up on Monday, @Ja_TuRBoMusic has attracted more than 2,800 followers and she's only sent just over a dozen tweets.

"Thank you," was the first utterance on Twitter by the 20-year-old, real name Nongpanee Mahadthai. "I am new to this," she said next.

The singer of "Kan Hu", literally "itchy ears", comes across as a sweet, sincere young woman - suggesting that her sexy act is just that - an act.

And that's what she tried to explain a few weeks back on talk-show host Woody Milintajinda's TV show, but did anyone at the Culture Ministry believe her? Nope. And now they have a new worry - what happens when Ja Turbo masters the art of tweeting? Will she be too sexy for Twitter?

Source link

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 23/9/2011