New Rules Tm7

Hi folks,

it is time for my retirement visa renewell and as they ask for two photo do they also require two copies of TM7 ? They now ask fora document showing your thai address. i bought a house in my wifes name so have a house book but when i asked my wife if my namewas in the book she said no just her and my sons name. As its all written in thai i dont know if i should be named in the book or not ? will this without my name serfice for imigration ?

last question, on the tm7 it says ( I wish to applyfor an extension of temporary stay for another period of------------ days ) should i put 90

days or 385 here ? Thanks For any reply from those in the know Pete

Your name should not be in a blue book - you can obtain a yellow book for your name but most people do not bother. It should be fine or a letter addressed to you. Not sure why 2 photos are being asked but only one is attached to TM.7 but most places are also taking a photo during process so perhaps they not able to do that so need the extra photo to send on. Period of stay is 365 days. Also put phone number on rear side.

Your name should not be in a blue book - you can obtain a yellow book for your name but most people do not bother. It should be fine or a letter addressed to you. Not sure why 2 photos are being asked but only one is attached to TM.7 but most places are also taking a photo during process so perhaps they not able to do that so need the extra photo to send on. Period of stay is 365 days. Also put phone number on rear side.

why not?

My name is in the back of the blue book as I built the house and have a 30 year lease on it. I use photocopies of this when i had to renew my thai drivers license and also when i applied for my Purple car registration book.

thats the only tome i have used it.

Thank you for all replys, 385 was a typo . Got everything i need and will use a letter from my thai bank and uk bank as proof of residence.

I was unaware that a yellow book was available for fallang but as not mandatory i will not get one. all sorted

pete :rolleyes::D

Because it is a list of those Thai citizens residing in house. A foreigner should be listed in a yellow version.

Yes< I know that all Thai's residing at that address are listed in the front.

BUT my name ( and i am a farang) is listed in the back. :-)

If you are not using Chaengwattana you will need two copies of everything, everything is send to Chaengwattana for approval.

And 365 days in a year.

OP is asking about retirement extension renewal, in my experience its only one copy of everything. Two copies is for marriage extensions, that is sent away for approval.

Retirement extension decision is made at the Immigration office.

Personally I never have been asked to show where I live for retirement, you put your address on the TM7, but this year was asked to show my 90 day reporting slip.

Yellow books are not mandatory, you can survive easily enough here without one.

ph34r.gif

If you are not using Chaengwattana you will need two copies of everything, everything is send to Chaengwattana for approval.

And 365 days in a year.

OP is asking about retirement extension renewal, in my experience its only one copy of everything. Two copies is for marriage extensions, that is sent away for approval.

Personally I never have been asked to show where I live for retirement, you put your address on the TM7, but this year was asked to show my 90 day reporting slip.

ph34r.gif

yes you are right, one set of everything for retirement as the local officer can make that decision.

And 365 days in a year.

ph34r.gif

yes you are right, one set of everything for retirement as the local officer can make that decision.

When I got my 1 year marriage extension @ Dan Kwian pottery village (Korat), I was only asked for 2 copies of the TM7 form+passport photo and one copy of everything else.

Edited by mxyzptlk

Hi

I got my visa sorted at jomtien yesterday. Needed two TM47 filled in with photos two copies of house book two copies of bank book and a bank letter plus usual copys of pasport two of each. Then did 90 day sighn in . one copy tm7 two copy house book and usual passport copys all done now pete ....:lol:

I usually take 3 copies of everything I think will be needed and file them all in one of the ring binders and plastic enveloped.

I mark them eg Passport, 1st copy, 2nd copy and when the ask me for xxx I just pull the correct one out for them.

The third copy is a spare for those just in case circumstances.

When I renewed my retirement extension at Nakhon Sawan in July the took my photo straight onto the computer so I didn't need a second of the selection that I had.

Copies or originals?

I just applied for my marriage extension at the Chonburi office and they wanted 2 copies of everything and just to see the originals. For the first time I was asked to fill out by hand 2 TM7's complete with photographs?

Edited by bangkokrick

If you have every done your 90 day report by mail and have received the bottom portion mailed back to you at your address, would this or any other letters/mail/bank statements sent to you at this address be sufficient proof?

Is the proof of 90 day reporting required now for TM7 retirement extension at Chiangwattana?

If you have a Thai child your name would be in the book as father of the child, but not as person living there.

Mario are sure of this - if so do you have a reference please.

I just checked with an actual blue book. The format is (In Thai of course):

Name: ********* nationality: Thai Sex: (Fe)male

ID-card number *************** Kind of occupation: (Rent) Date of birth *********

Mother: ******** (ID-number) nationality: Thai

Father: ******** (ID-number) nationality: Thai

Coming from: ****************** Registrar

******* district ******** province Date ********* (***********)

Here is photo copy of MY name on the back of the Blue house paper page 18, (Tam Bien Baan) for which I built and own.

I have a daughter BUT she is NOT on this house paper .

ON the house paper my daughter is on my name is listed (but ONLY my first name) as our family name is listed at the top of the page she is on.

I use this for anything that needs to see residence (so this would be the same use as a yellow book) so WHY would one need a yellow book?

MYTaamBienBaan001.jpg

Edited by phuketrichard

Are you sure you want he ID-number and other details displayed?She would only be on the house register if:1. she has Thai nationality.2. she is registered at that addressShe might be registered somewhere else. I'm not sure what details are recoded in the back of the book. It is not a registration of a person registered at that house, it probably is a registration of the person owning the house.

Are you sure you want he ID-number and other details displayed?She would only be on the house register if:1. she has Thai nationality.2. she is registered at that addressShe might be registered somewhere else. I'm not sure what details are recoded in the back of the book. It is not a registration of a person registered at that house, it probably is a registration of the person owning the house.

Mario;

I understand what is what and as i have the book I know what is recorded. Thanks.

If u read u will see i said she is not on this book but on another.

Edited by phuketrichard

I applied for a 365-day retirement extension yesterday at Chonburi Immigration in Soi 5, Jomtien.

The time taken for this was the shortest ever....... in and out in 15 minutes and collected my passport in the afternoon.

Requirements? The application form plus one copy of the same form. Two photos (one stuck to the back of the original form and the other clipped to the front of the paperwork). Single copy of all the other documents but no separate requirement of proof of address. No bank letter was needed but I had a consular letter confirming my income. That was all....... easy peasy!!!