Chiang Mai - Khon Kaen Bus Overturns, 7 Dead

george

7 killed in bus accident in Lampang

Seven passengers were killed and 20 others injured when a Transport Company bus overturned in heavy rain on a slippery road in Thoeng district of Lampang on Sunday morning, reports said.

The bus was heading for Khon Kaen province when it skidded off the road between kilometre markers 638-639 at a bridge near Ban Mae Tia.

Five passengers, two men and three women, died on spot.

Twenty-two others were injured, four of them seriously. Two of the injured died later in hospital.

The injured were being treated at Thoen and Sop Prap hospitals.

Police said the accident occurred shortly after the tour bus left Lampang.

-- Bangkok Post 2011-10-02

Usual condolences to the families of the dead in this sad accident. I hope those lying in hospital beds recover from their injuries and all affected receive appropriate compensation.

No news of the fate of the driver. Not worth speculating on the cause of the accident until Mr Plod has finished the investigation.

Interesting to see news links from "The Other Paper" again.

Usual condolences to the families of the dead in this sad accident. I hope those lying in hospital beds recover from their injuries and all affected receive appropriate compensation.

No news of the fate of the driver. Not worth speculating on the cause of the accident until Mr Plod has finished the investigation.

My deepest condolences to the deceased, their families and friends. A speedy and fully recovery of the other victims! Useless to say that money can change the whole circumstances…….

I just had an accident last Monday, where a Pick Up truck hit mine doing a red light in the lower north east. The accident happened inside of town and the people in the hospital sent me home after five hours, without checking my head and other serious injuries.

I’m still in pain and suffering, but very happy not to sit in a wheel chair, it was so close to………

The guy who stitched my ear together is normally doing the paperwork. They didn’t see a broken rip, even making an X-Ray. (But from the wrong side.)!!

I’ve got a witness who saw the whole accident, but I still have to fight for my rights. What an amazing Thailand, indeed. People who pay more cash made nothing wrong……

My thoughts are with the victims and their families, get well soon…..:jap:

I just had an accident last Monday, where a Pick Up truck hit mine doing a red light in the lower north east. The accident happened inside of town and the people in the hospital sent me home after five hours, without checking my head and other serious injuries.

I’m still in pain and suffering, but very happy not to sit in a wheel chair, it was so close to………

The guy who stitched my ear together is normally doing the paperwork. They didn’t see a broken rip, even making an X-Ray. (But from the wrong side.)!!

I’ve got a witness who saw the whole accident, but I still have to fight for my rights. What an amazing Thailand, indeed. People who pay more cash made nothing wrong……

I am not a doctor or anything but through having the same experience in Australia ( someone hitting my car coming through a

red light ) the medical staff explained in detail to me the importance of having the proper checkups because a particular condition

may not be apparent to you right now but could show up later on in a variety of ways.

Edited by metisdead
Do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes.

My deepest condolences to the deceased, their families and friends. A speedy and fully recovery of the other victims! Useless to say that money can change the whole circumstances…….

I'm still in pain and suffering, but very happy not to sit in a wheel chair, it was so close to………

The guy who stitched my ear together is normally doing the paperwork. They didn't see a broken rip, even making an X-Ray. (But from the wrong side.)!!

I've got a witness who saw the whole accident, but I still have to fight for my rights. What an amazing Thailand, indeed. People who pay more cash made nothing wrong……

Yes, my condolences to the deceased and their families as well.

Get yourself properly checked after any accident. My son's nephew rolled a pickup. During the accident, a girl on a bike ran into the vehicle. Apparently she had some rib pain but was sent home. She died that night from internal bleeding. If you have any pain or other symptoms at all go back to that, or another, hospital and demand a full examination. Just something seemingly minor can become a major problem.

Sorry, I just sad midas' post and it supports the idea to get yourself thoroughly checked out after an accident..

Edited by culicine

RIP the deceased and best wishes for a speedy recovery to the injured. Will Mr Plod be inspecting the tread depth on the tyres I wonder? Looking around some of the buses in Chiang Mai bus station I noticed there were odd tyres fitted on the same axles and some had very little tread. Thank the lord for Nackon Chai !

I am not a doctor or anything but through having the same experience in Australia ( someone hitting my car coming through a

red light ) the medical staff explained in detail to me the importance of having the proper checkups because a particular condition

may not be apparent to you right now but could show up later on in a variety of ways.

Absolutely correct. Impact often causes internal muscle or tissue or organ ligament separation. Can take quite some time for those affects to be realized AFTER they heal. Add spinal misadjustment and a whole host of other things.