Star Wars: The Old Republic

MunterHunter

I just got one thing to say to you. I am HOOKED!!!

[...]

And Phuketman..THANKS FOR EVERYTHING!!! If not for you, I'm sure I'd not be playing this for another month or so. And miss out all the fun xD

Another satisfied customer smile.png Welcome to the club Tahmid!

If anyone out there wants to try it out I still have one free invite! PM me! 7 days free swtor play. No strings attached!

Phuketman, once again THANK YOU!! biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png It's going a bit too awesome!!! biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

I rolled on the APAC PvP server and have been playing there... its been a huge amount of fun, the Warzones pop all the time (never had to wait longer than 10mins) - world PvP isn't as bad as people think, my only encounters have been since i hit lvl30 and only happened a couple of times.

I've got a BH and a Republic Trooper - the Trooper is so much fun in the Warzones as everyone leaves me alone an i just rain havoc on the enemy, with the 150ms ping (i did see a few instances of 300 during the weekend)

Ping me if you are on that server and want to hook up

I mentioned this to Phuketman before, I used to get around 150ish in APAC PvP server and these last few days I'm getting 100ish biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png Using True Internet I believe, speedtest.net tells me so at least. EDIT: US and EU servers get around 400-600ms =/ Sometimes worse.

And HunterMunter, too bad you're on the Republic side. I got a Jedi Counselor on Dal'Nara, lvl 29 atm. Alltho I think I'll play a Sith once I hit 30 or maybe 40, till then what's your toon name? Might run into it somehow sometime xD

Edited by Tahmid

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got one thing to say to you. I am HOOKED!!!

[...]

And Phuketman..THANKS FOR EVERYTHING!!! If not for you, I'm sure I'd not be playing this for another month or so. And miss out all the fun xD

Another satisfied customer smile.png Welcome to the club Tahmid!

If anyone out there wants to try it out I still have one free invite! PM me! 7 days free swtor play. No strings attached!

Phuketman, once again THANK YOU!! biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png It's going a bit too awesome!!! biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

I rolled on the APAC PvP server and have been playing there... its been a huge amount of fun, the Warzones pop all the time (never had to wait longer than 10mins) - world PvP isn't as bad as people think, my only encounters have been since i hit lvl30 and only happened a couple of times.

I've got a BH and a Republic Trooper - the Trooper is so much fun in the Warzones as everyone leaves me alone an i just rain havoc on the enemy, with the 150ms ping (i did see a few instances of 300 during the weekend)

Ping me if you are on that server and want to hook up

I mentioned this to Phuketman before, I used to get around 150ish in APAC PvP server and these last few days I'm getting 100ish biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png Using True Internet I believe, speedtest.net tells me so at least. EDIT: US and EU servers get around 400-600ms =/ Sometimes worse.

And HunterMunter, too bad you're on the Republic side. I got a Jedi Counselor on Dal'Nara, lvl 29 atm. Alltho I think I'll play a Sith once I hit 30 or maybe 40, till then what's your toon name? Might run into it somehow sometime xD

Does any of you guys have any invites left?

That latency sounds great, is that with or without additional tunneling services?

How do i get on this server and where is it located, bit confused about the names, is APAC PvP the same as one the new servers like Dal'Nara in Australia or something different?

Regards,

Basch

Does any of you guys have any invites left?

That latency sounds great, is that with or without additional tunneling services?

How do i get on this server and where is it located, bit confused about the names, is APAC PvP the same as one the new servers like Dal'Nara in Australia or something different?

Regards,

Basch

I'm not sure how the invite works, so i'll leave that to Phuketman ^^

And for me, I'm not using any tunneling services.

And APAC = Asia PACific :) And Dar'Nala is the name of the PvP server there. Don't worry too much about these, once you get to start it'll clear up :D

PM me your email address, i will see if i have any invites left and try to figure out how to 'invite' you.

I have three toons on the APAC PvP server (which are based in Australia) - oh and the 150ms ping is with no additional services, thats raw latency.

Toons;

Steelfist - Republic Trooper (Commando - DPS spec)

Somtam - Republic Jedi (The tank spec - i play this one with my GF)

Wolfie - Empire Bounty Hunter (Merc DPS spec)

Yes you can have republic and empire on the same server...

PM me your email address, i will see if i have any invites left and try to figure out how to 'invite' you.

I have three toons on the APAC PvP server (which are based in Australia) - oh and the 150ms ping is with no additional services, thats raw latency.

Toons;

Steelfist - Republic Trooper (Commando - DPS spec)

Somtam - Republic Jedi (The tank spec - i play this one with my GF)

Wolfie - Empire Bounty Hunter (Merc DPS spec)

Yes you can have republic and empire on the same server...

Sounds good thx, sent u a PM:

So are any of y'all playing together yet?

Regards,

Basch

Hey Guys!

Been busy playing my main char (Jeeno) which is still on US west Coast Krath server waiting for the free transfer from Bioware.

Most probably transferring her to Master Dar'Nala when the time comes.

She's a BH Mercenary lvl 49, PvP spec'd for max DPS. She rules in huttball :) Most probably hitting 50 before the week-end. Still have 3 planets to explore (Voss, Correlia & Illum).

As I said I have mostly been focusing on PvP. I actually have a better latency with US West coast (~250ms) whereas APAC is more like ~400ms.

I also got 3 toons on Master Dar'Nala (all low lvls though):

Nion - Operative lvl 13 - Been enjoying playing her. I tried warzones and although ~400ms I did pretty well. the strategy here is totally different from BH. Love the new challenge! Most probably my next focus.

Drakon - Sith Marauder lvl 11

Glacon - BH Powertech lvl 11

Avallon - Sith Assassin lvl 6

Lol, I also have 4 toons on Dalborra! But they're all lvl 1 (just to reserve name). Wanted to build a specific family tree here all based on Greek gods. Names are Zeuz, Pozeidon, Athenea, Apollo

And eventually if not taken i was thinking legacy name Olympian or similar

There is actually 2 more toons i have (chronic Althoism *cough*)

Trooper lvl 20 on Veela server (East Coast) and

Sorcerer lvl 25 on Bergeren colony server (WC)

Wondering if we will be able to free transfer toons from different server at the same time.

It took me about a whole day to realize what I had said last day.... O_O I think I'm losing my head completely o_o I got the Empire confused for the Republic O__O Someone please kill me!!!! 6years of Star Wars pursuit ruined just like that OTL *sigh*

Made worse by the republic trooper looking like a stormtrooper - hehe

plus i think Bounty Hunters should be available to both sides - who ever is paying the most!

Yeah. But the disgrace *sigh*

That is an AWESOME idea. Would totally work, a bi-faction character. Them and Smugglers. Just because of Han Solo they can't just make ALL smugglers in the galaxy into Republic, now can they? They are smugglers afterall you know...The role playing element is weak with these ones :(

And HunterMunter, I'll try and contact you ingame sometime. Lookout for Jotil - LvL 29 Jedi Shadow [should hit 30 in another hour or so xD]

And HunterMunter, I'll try and contact you ingame sometime. Lookout for Jotil - LvL 29 Jedi Shadow [should hit 30 in another hour or so xD]

I will try to get on tonight for a few hours, i'm lvl33 now... lets try to hook up and run a few Warzones together :)

I will try to get on tonight for a few hours, i'm lvl33 now... lets try to hook up and run a few Warzones together smile.png

Sweet!! I'm logging in now, got nothing better to do so will be online till 2a.m. xD PM me ingame when you login :D

I'll finally be getting back my GeForce 560TI tomorrow (warranty claim, took freaking 4 weeks) so I will probably download the game over night and then check it out a bit on the weekend(using the invite, cheers again) and see if I find anyone online.

Regards,

Basch

Sorry i didnt make it online last night - got called away for beer :D

I am usually on over the weekends, on and off throughout the day... will try to look you guys up... we should have a directory of everyones character names to make it easier to find everyone :)

That download is sooooo slow. Been downloading the trial version since friday, still 11GB left ...but anyways, can't really play :(

Sorry guys, PC is acting up, constant freezes after few minutes.

Already have tried replacing RAM, reinstalling Windows 7, replacing the graphics card. All to no avail. Latest theory is the mainboard or CPU acting up, maybe the PSU.

Today was at my friend's IT shop and we ran a stress test for 6 hours, flawless, no freezes. Went home(confused that it worked without probs), 5 minutes after booting, the freezes again. Restarted, 1 minute in, freeze again. When those occur, the screen freezes and I have to pull the plug to shut down. Upon reboot, no error is being reported, only that the system didn't properly shutdown.

I got a Core i7 930 (2.8Ghz), 12 GBB DDR3 RAM, Geforce 560TI, GA-EX58-U3DR Mainboard and 750 Watts Lian Li Power supply running WIndows 7 Ultimate. Already have updated the mainboard BIOS and the Geforce drivers, didn't help. In the last 2 years, no problems at all. Since few months, problems all the time(mainly BSOD), temporarily could fix them (new RAM, reinstalling Windows 7), after a while, BSODs came back or, like right now, freezes....

Anyone any ideas?

Basch

Edited by Basch

Basch, check you GPU temperature. If it ran in the shop but not your house, probably it's your house's fault rather than the machine's. Could be that the GPU is overheating. Or maybe something else at that, could be the Processor as well. Try running with the chassis opened up so that air can flow inside. That worked for my desktop, it started freezing after I overclocked the GPU: found it was for overheating and the system froze to protect from a burnout.

Also make sure your desktop is in an open space so that the airflow is regular and awesome. A cooling fan is useless if it's facing a wall you know tongue.pngtongue.png Something like that.

MunterHunter: Good idea. A list of all the players and their characters and servers would be good resource.

Edited by Tahmid

Hi,

yeah thx u r right about the difference between the shop and at home but I have to assume it was just coincidence. Las night until afternoon today(around 18 hours) at home, the PC ran flawless. Then, freezes every minute. I have a coolermaster case with liquid cooling, my GPU is brand new, I can't say it looks like heat problems(i get the freezes sometimes after booting up a cold system too). I ran tests in safe mode, same freezes so I strongly assume it is indeed a hardware problem.

The latest theory is that the mainboard is dying slowly. I still got warranty so might try exchanging it which will take another 2 weeks. In any case, will try to get into the game asap but might take a while as right now my system sucks.

Cheers,

Basch

Ok I've started building a Character directory on Google docs https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjJ4FnzTFJiMdENIbHdNaW50Zm56OVhXU19OLXNFZ1E

If you don't yet have a Google account just make one (it's free) and sign in.

Add your character as you please :)

I still need to check some info for my characters. Will be updating as soon as i can.

I plan to transfer Wolfie over to the PvP server - it is possible to have both Empire and Republic characters on the same server...

I didn't include some of my lower level characters, i did play a bunch of them just to get a feel for the class and how it plays, i probably wont log into them again, so the 4 on the list are my 'main' characters - and eventually they will all be on the PvP server. If we are able to transfer more than 1 character (the original blub suggested it was 1 character transfer - we still don't know if that's one server or one character) i will update the list accordingly.

Edited by MunterHunter