Star Wars: The Old Republic

MunterHunter

The Empire guild seems to be nice, friendly, active... worth considering :)

I joined them at the weekend and already went on one 'raid' to Eternity Vault and got myself a nice couple of drops from there... also was PvPing a lot in the Warzones yesterday and have 3 of 5 peices of the Battlemaster PvP Armour (and i'm really noticing a difference in my characters survivability now!)

So for now, i will mostly be playing Wurm (Sorc heal spec) and Llith (BH, DPS spec)

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Empire guild seems to be nice, friendly, active... worth considering smile.png

I joined them at the weekend and already went on one 'raid' to Eternity Vault and got myself a nice couple of drops from there... also was PvPing a lot in the Warzones yesterday and have 3 of 5 peices of the Battlemaster PvP Armour (and i'm really noticing a difference in my characters survivability now!)

So for now, i will mostly be playing Wurm (Sorc heal spec) and Llith (BH, DPS spec)

Yeah gotta get myself some Battlemaster gear. Been dying way to often in wzs. Recruit gear is crap really tongue.png

Edited by Phuketman

I found since i have 4 of 5 BM peices, i am able to out heal most DPS classes, unless they are a good player and know how to inturupt spells etc. I can out heal 2 DPS classes if they are a bit cr@p and dont play well.

Looking forward to my next Raid/Op i want to see how better i heal now ive got good kit. the BM gear is aimed at PvP so its got slightly lower stats than the Columni gear but higher armour and expertise rating (expertise is only useful in pvp - no use in PvE) - so i might have to get myself a second set of kit for raid heals.

Yeah. Munter and myself have 4 toons in this guild now (Aleandra, Nion for mine). Basch, leave you gild and join us. PM me.

Wasn't in Bangkok. Gonna see to that in-game otherwise I'll PM you,

cheers,

Basch

Sorry guys. Been enjoying playing a new toon that i rolled in on Sunday. I just got a bit bored of dying over and over in hard mode operations and instead of getting some gear from HM flashpoint i just felt like rolling a new toon on rep side. Falkon, a Jedi Knight. Didn't really plan to enjoy it so much but right now it's what i'm doing. Most probably login in my merc tonight just to show my face in the guild and maybe run a quick HM FP with them. Hope to see you in game.

I grinded PvP until i reached lvl 50 and it was around the time when they still had mercenary commendations. So when they said they were gonna change the commendation system i stupidly used all of the commendation i don't remember on what. I think i bought the speeder for 1000 merc and 1000 wz commendations. What Valor rank are you now with Wurm?

• 1 month later...

Anyone here still playing SW:TOR?

I have to admit that since Diablo 3 launched I haven't even once logged in nor am I planning to for the time being even though I heard 1.3. hits today and am curious to to try out the group finder.

Kinda sad but D3 is is just too good and addictive. All my TOR RL life friends have quit in favour of D3 also.

I guess since D3 launched the TOR servers were pretty dead anyway ey?

Basch

Edited by Basch

Must admit there has been a drop in population since D3 was out, but i wouldn't say the APAC servers were dead...

I played D3 - completed it in a handful of hours (normal mode) then never logged in again... utter disappointment for me, feel like i waited X years for nothing and wasted money buying the game

Must admit there has been a drop in population since D3 was out, but i wouldn't say the APAC servers were dead...

I played D3 - completed it in a handful of hours (normal mode) then never logged in again... utter disappointment for me, feel like i waited X years for nothing and wasted money buying the game

Hi,

ok, fair enough even though I find that very hard to understand or believe with a game as perfect as D3 wink.png

I am sure u know this but the game only really starts and gets challenging way beyond normal mode, probably one could say when you hit Level 60 and Inferno difficulty but either way if you didn't like it after beating normal u probably won't later on.

Cheers,

Basch

Edited by Basch

I've also taken a major pause on SWTOR but plan to get back to it at some point. I still love it and will probably stick with it for years to come. Just waiting to buy my new rig and get a bit more time family wise.

But right now, yeah, been playing D3 again and again and as you say the more you progress the more it becomes addictive. As always i remain very altoholic. Got 5 toons reaching from lvl 38 - 18. Now eagerly trying to get all the recipes to get access to secret level.

I have been banned, tried to use the US RMAH (real money auction house) in Diablo 3.

So for anyone who wants to try to sell or buy stuff there, a little warning:

DON'T.

They ban you if you are not in the US, they apparently have some automatic audit software that is extremely sensitive and immediately bans you (even though I had verified my account, paypal and credit cards etc,. weeks ago and also use an authenticator). 1000s of users have the same problem if you read on the battle.net Forums, the customer support queues are long, can take a week before they even reply, in the meantime you can't login at all.

I expect getting the account unbanned is gonna be hassle, I had that once with WoW and Blizz, had to take photos of myself with a daily newspaper and all kinds of stuff(was tricky cuz the newspaper's date was in Thai but eventually they believed me).

Good thing about a Diablo3 ban: More time for work / training / consoles tongue.png

Basch

P.S.: @Phuketman: Loving alts in D3 as well, main is a LvL55 wizard and also got a LvL40 Witch Doctor and LvL 28 Demon Hunter. Yes I know, I am slow, taking my time :)

Edited by Basch

• 2 weeks later...

sorry if this has already been answered, but is the game now playable from Thailand? I tried a few months ago, but it didn't let me because of being outside the USA or whatever.

It's always been playable from Thaiand. I assume you got an error when trying to buy it from the official site, they will block Thai IPs but you can buy and play it all the same by buying it elsewhere, such as physical gameshops or websites that sell digital downloads/licenses, for example pcgamesupply.

With the Oceanic Servers the lag is not bad either, personally I have had around 160ms.

Actually the game is very liberal about this, you can play on US, European or Oceanic Servers as you like.

Basch

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Damn, replying after 3 months xD

I'm still playing it. The APAC server got shut down recently and every player was shifted to US West Coast server. Free transfer to any desired server is still avaiable I think. So at the moment I'm in Harbinger (PvE) Republic side. The game went free2play so you guys can jump in any time and check around. So if anyone is ever on the Republic side on Harbinger send a pm to Zotil or if on Imperial side pm Vulox :D I'll probably actively play till The Elder Scrolls Online comes out xD

Yeah i check Betacake on a regular basis.

How do you mean "WoW clone in space" - from what you are saying that would class all MMO's as "WoW Clones" as they all have the same basic elements, character progression, gear, raiding and PvP.

Sounds disappointing about the space flight/combat, i was hoping it would be a little more Eve like with regard to space.

Sure every mmo has the progression, gear, raiding and PvP factors, but it differs from mmo to mmo how you implement them. Comparing SWTOR to WoW you have the same "Cartoonish" animation style, same user interface, same 3 talent trees to spend talent points in, same instanced battlegrounds for PvP and PvE and so on. As far as gamemechanics and features its an carbon copy of WoW.

great critisism