Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Star Wars: The Old Republic

MunterHunter

Hi guys,

my PC is back, seems to work ok now *fingers crossed*.

It seems that since I have registered this free trial a while ago but never actually could play it yet due to my PC breaking down, too much time has passed and the trial is expired (my download was only finished this morning, I logged in once, it started fine, then when I came back and logged in again I got an error saying I don't have a subscription).

No big deal I thought and went to my account. In there, it just tells me I can't purchase it, my region is not supported.

Any ideas? Or does any of you have trials left?

I kinda wanna try this first :)

Thx,

Basch

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

my PC is back, seems to work ok now *fingers crossed*.

It seems that since I have registered this free trial a while ago but never actually could play it yet due to my PC breaking down, too much time has passed and the trial is expired (my download was only finished this morning, I logged in once, it started fine, then when I came back and logged in again I got an error saying I don't have a subscription).

No big deal I thought and went to my account. In there, it just tells me I can't purchase it, my region is not supported.

Any ideas? Or does any of you have trials left?

I kinda wanna try this first smile.png

Thx,

Basch

Can't find an edit button here.

Never mind guys, just bought a digital code for the full version and gonna start my first toon now, working fine, will add it to ur list later.

Basch

Never mind guys, just bought a digital code for the full version and gonna start my first toon now, working fine, will add it to ur list later.

Basch

Let us know how you get on... whats your Ping/Latency on the APAC PvP server?

Finally created a Pub toon on Master'Dar Nala so we can play together. Search for Captain Jag'Arrow (Alias Jack Sparrow... Aarrr hehe)

Also been playing more my Ops Agent on Imperial side and falling in love with her... Operatives are so cool!

I noticed that people love healers and it is much easier to find a group to do heroice or flashpoints.

Check out the character list for more info (new major entries marked in yellow)

Basch

Let us know how you get on... whats your Ping/Latency on the APAC PvP server?

Game runs excellent here on max settings and my Latency is a constant 155-165ms on APAC severs, very nice. No tunneling, might try reducethelag as in the past it helpled me greatly but this is good as it is.

I also started one toon on a european server since all my friends play there, I have 250ish ms there, also impressive speeds without tunneling but I will probably mainly play on APAC due to better speeds and the timezone.

I have 8Mbit 3BB in Bangkok for 899 Baht or so, lag so far is really good(on WoW I never had such good numbers).

I just dinged Lvl 8 with the Sith Inquisitor. Very nice game.

I'll see ya guys around, you can add me also(see google doc), too bad though that adding friends only works when both people are online, I read this is a known bug but come one, really?

Cheers,

Basch

Edited by Basch

I'm at 45 right now, should hit 50 in about a couple of days and then raids :D :D

And phuketman, healers are always cherished. I remember it was the same in WoW. Cause finding GOOD healers for raids is dam_n hard :(

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got invited to transfer my toon(s) to APAC servers. But none of them are showing on the list (???)

APACtransfers.jpg

Do you guys know why? MunterHunter, are you having the same issue?

I already contacted Bioware to check if this isn't a bug....

Worst part is that I only have 6 days left to transfer. Hope they will contact me before deadline.

Edited by Phuketman

I didnt get any email notification but when i log into the new style website i was offered the transfer (my account page, Apac transfer link)

At first it only showed one character bu=t i noticed last night it had been updated and included all of my NA characters, so i selected my 4 main ones and flagged them to be transferred to the APAC server.

I didnt get any email notification but when i log into the new style website i was offered the transfer (my account page, Apac transfer link)

At first it only showed one character bu=t i noticed last night it had been updated and included all of my NA characters, so i selected my 4 main ones and flagged them to be transferred to the APAC server.

Same for me. All good now :) 3 toons have been listed for transfer to Master Dar'Nala. Once that's done we should agree on joining a single guild that we like. Maybe some of us have had time to explore a bit what would be the best guild for us. also that way we see when each of us is online :) Now with my 3 transfers i maxed out my 8 toon slots lol. Dont know if i will all keep them though.

Agreed about joining a single guild. The one Phuketman invited me to seems nice, friendly and helpful, also, I like busy guilds.

Master Dar'Nala, 260 members, 15-30 online usually, Shadow Knights Brotherhood (which is a nice name too).

Any other thoughts?

Basch

Edited by Basch

I got Steelfist to lvl50 last week and have been playing around with different spec's - tried two of the three talent trees (both DPS) - i havbe also rolled a scoundrel (healer spec) and have been messing around with him... i like the way healing works in this game so i might respec Steelfist as a healer...

I hit 50 with my Jotil. Got 3 piece Battlemaster and 1 piece Rakata [self made XD] :D

speaking of guilds, I'm in a pretty huge one...about 450peeps with atleast 50-60 prople online at all times...the people there are awesome. Goes as "Beyond Redemption". Republic side.

I hit 50 with my Jotil. Got 3 piece Battlemaster and 1 piece Rakata [self made XD] biggrin.png

speaking of guilds, I'm in a pretty huge one...about 450peeps with atleast 50-60 prople online at all times...the people there are awesome. Goes as "Beyond Redemption". Republic side.

Good to know for the future, probably at some point wanna see some Republic storylines as well.

Basch

Edited by Basch

I got one of my alts in that guild - its a large guild i agree, but not particularly friendly or helpful. I've tried several times to get either a PvE or PvP group together and not had any luck...

After the Character Transfers are completed, i will have 4x Republic and 4x Imperial characters on that Server.

hmmmm maybe its a time thing. donno. normally when i play, from 11pm-3am the people are pretty awesome. more guild faced people playing at that time. plus, jump on vent...wzs turns too easy when grouped in vent :D :D

I normally play between 7pm-10/11pm on week days then anytime over the weekends, i've seen a lot of people on that guild but guild chat is quite/silent. Even when i try to arrange groups i get little or no response.

I don't really like using Vent/TeamSpeak unless its a small controlled group - the last thing i want when i am PvPing is 60 people all talking cr@p and jack-assing around whilst i am trying to play the game... my experiences of these systems isn't good.

A Smaller group more focused on whats going on and trying to communicate effectively is ok, but a bunch of AU/US <deleted> teenagers spouting off noise isn't my idea of fun. If i wanna hear that i will take my laptop to the local Uni and play the game there.

Ok guys we're nearly ready. Our toons should be transferring this week. We nee to decide which guild to join. the Guild that Basch and myself joined (imperial side) has many low lvl players when i'm online. These guys will probably hit 50 in the next 2-3 weeks. I will ask them if they're interested in running ops and wzs. Then we can start training in normal mode 8 player ops to know each other. Obviously the most important aspect of it all si that we should be in the same guild so that we can see when we're online and play together. Republic side i also have 3 low lvl toons so we should do the same. What are you guys looking forward to? More ops or wzs?

I see the character transfer page has been set to read-only meaning you can not change anything or if you havent already registered your transfer you are out of luck.

I dont really mind what we do from a guild perspective but i dont want to be forced to use TS/Vent. I dont mind using these kinds of systems for a small, controlled group but i wont use it for large scale guilds and general stuff. I dont enjoy it, it detracts from my enjoyment of the game and if the guild insists we use it, i wont join them.

Fair enough. I agree with you. On the other hand joining a huge guild should give us more opportunity to group and do Ops (which I love btw). Although my time is limited I always try to do 1 or 2 raids per week. Another small issue we're facing is that not all our main chars are in the same faction.

Got absolutely hammered yesterday playing wzs 3-4 games in a row. Felt totally devastated after that and couldn't find the courage to continue playing ...lol. Reps are extremely strong in wz on our server. I might switch to my Rep toon just to do wz with a stronger team. I mean yesterday was awful. We lost Novae Coast without anyone doing a single kill. That was crazy!

Anyways guys, I really hope we can find more time to finally play together on our server.

Hope to see you guys soon online

Its the opposite on this PvP server, i find the Imps are really strong and the Republic struggle to win anything.

I hear what your sayign about WZ's/Op's etc I enjoy them a lot, i have a little Smuggler i spec'd into healing and he totaly rocks and i love playing him in WZ's - most people see me healing and think i'm an easy target, little to do they realise (until its too late) that getting up close and personal with a smuggler is dangerous, ive got lots of 10m range combat abilities... hehe

YAY! Char Transfer has officially begun. 2 of 3 are already on Master DN. My Main toon's (Jeeno) new name is Aleandra. Basch you can erase "Fake" Jeeno if you need the spot. thx :)

As soon as i logged in with Aleandra I started looking for a cool SEA guild and didn't take more than 5 min to find one. Guild's name is "Who Dares Wins" 66 members of which at least half were online at around 11pm when they invited me. Saw at least 20 lvl 50 players. They were running KP HM at that moment. Got introduced and at least 15 players welcomed me. A good start. They seem like a nice bunch. Most or all players are in our region (Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand).

I say lets all join this guild. They seem to be the perfect match for us. GM's name is Demonair. You can tell him you're a friend of new recruited Aleandra also from Thailand. I told them i was expat from Phuket (which is true).

Exciting times!!

Lets get ready guys!

Tried to add "Wolfie" and "Steelfist" to my friends list but it came back saying "player does not exist"

On the other hand I tried adding "Rubicante" (Basch's Toon) and he was added to the list although he was offline.

Tried the same with one of my toons (Nion) and it worked as well.

Weird....

Wolfie is now a Republic Jedi Sage, Steelfist is a Republic Commando - so unless your character was a republic one i dont think you will be able to friend me. Maybe you can friend people from your 'side' even if they are offline but cannot friend someone from the enemy side?

My big Sith Sorc (which i respec'd to healer) is called Wurm. Anyways, i will update the google doc when i get home tonight before i start playing, and i will be playing for most of the evening tonight (yes, its friday, but i broke my toe at songkran so no drinking for me for a few weekends!)

From memory, i have the following;

Sith Sorc (Healer) Wurm - lvl50,

Sith Marauder (DPS) - Screamin - lvl21

Imp BH (DPS) - (Forgot) - lvl19

Imp Agent (DPS) - Booyaa - lvl19

Republic Commando (DPS) - Steelfist - lvl50

Republic Scoundrel (Healer) - Wynta - lvl30

Republic Jedi Sage (Healer) - Wolfie - lvl12

Republic Jedi Sentinel (Tank) - Somtam - lvl11

Edited by MunterHunter

I normally play between 7pm-10/11pm on week days then anytime over the weekends, i've seen a lot of people on that guild but guild chat is quite/silent. Even when i try to arrange groups i get little or no response.

I don't really like using Vent/TeamSpeak unless its a small controlled group - the last thing i want when i am PvPing is 60 people all talking cr@p and jack-assing around whilst i am trying to play the game... my experiences of these systems isn't good.

A Smaller group more focused on whats going on and trying to communicate effectively is ok, but a bunch of AU/US <deleted> teenagers spouting off noise isn't my idea of fun. If i wanna hear that i will take my laptop to the local Uni and play the game there.

thats a bit strange, theres normally random chat going on for no dam_n reason when i'm up. guess the people are different at times.

and as for vent, i was thinkking that in the begining too but there's bunch of rooms for pvp, so people goes to the pvp room as long as they pvp then moves out. but yeah it does tend to be a piss off when your in a wz trying to win and there's a retarded conversation going on -__-

I say lets all join this guild. They seem to be the perfect match for us. GM's name is Demonair. You can tell him you're a friend of new recruited Aleandra also from Thailand. I told them i was expat from Phuket (which is true).

Exciting times!!

Lets get ready guys!

my main's on Rep side :( if I ever make a Imp i'll let you know so that I can tag along with the group :D :D