Italian Restaurant

monty1412

theres probably a food n drinks forum to ask for finding a decent restaurant

the only "italian" food ive eaten in thailand is pizzas and that delivery guy drives like his life depends on delivering that pizza :)

they tell you 45 minutes and in about 10-12 minutes hes knocking on the door ........dedication !

Does it need to have motorbike parking?

Nope we will taxi it

I think Gipster was asking because this is the motorbike forum. To keep it on topic, I was going to recommend one of my favorite Italian restaurants here in Phuket, on Patak rd near Chalong at the entrance to Patak Villa, which happens to have paintings of Valentino Rossi and his Ducati on the walls. That will be an expensive taxi ride though. :)

And BTW wana, pizza is American. (Perhaps that's why you used quotes) ;)

Edited by ScubaBuddha

Nope we will taxi it

I think Gipster was asking because this is the motorbike forum. To keep it on topic, I was going to recommend one of my favorite Italian restaurants here in Phuket, on Patak rd near Chalong at the entrance to Patak Villa, which happens to have paintings of Valentino Rossi and his Ducati on the walls. That will be an expensive taxi ride though. :)

just because americans eat a lot of pizza ,doesnt make pizza american

even wikipedia claims pizza originated in italy ;)

Pizza

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia For other uses, see Pizza (disambiguation). 20px-Padlock-silver.svg.png part of a series on Pizza 220px-Eq_it-na_pizza-margherita_sep2005_sml.jpg

Main articles

[hide]

Pizza · history of pizza · pizza delivery · Pizzeria

Pizza varieties

[show]

Similar dishes

[show]

Pizza tools

[show]

Events

[show]

v · d · e Pizza 11px-Speakerlink.svg.pngi/ˈptsə/ (Italian: [ˈpittsa]) is an oven-baked, flat, disc-shaped bread typically topped with a tomato sauce, cheese and various toppings.

Originating in Italy, from the Neapolitan cuisine, the dish has become popular in many parts of the world.[1] An establishment that makes and sells pizzas is called a "pizzeria". Pizza is one of the national foods of Italy and the Italian people.

I agree with Crossy Limoncello on Suk soi 11 is excellent also another i found recently that is arguably even better is Mama's you can find this in the soi between Soi 19 and Soi 21 Asoke, both places are excellent and the menus aren't just pizza and pasta, pizza large size will cost around 300thb in either...good luck with the date...

Nope we will taxi it

just because americans eat a lot of pizza ,doesnt make pizza american

even wikipedia claims pizza originated in italy ;)

Pizza

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia For other uses, see Pizza (disambiguation). 20px-Padlock-silver.svg.png part of a series on Pizza 220px-Eq_it-na_pizza-margherita_sep2005_sml.jpg

Main articles[hide]

Pizza · history of pizza · pizza delivery · Pizzeria

Pizza varieties[show]

Similar dishes[show]

Pizza tools[show]

Events[show]

v · d · e Pizza 11px-Speakerlink.svg.pngi/ˈptsə/ (Italian: [ˈpittsa]) is an oven-baked, flat, disc-shaped bread typically topped with a tomato sauce, cheese and various toppings.

Originating in Italy, from the Neapolitan cuisine, the dish has become popular in many parts of the world.[1] An establishment that makes and sells pizzas is called a "pizzeria". Pizza is one of the national foods of Italy and the Italian people.

wana, you shouldn't confuse the OP. He has a big date tonight! Pizza is Turkish. What you mean is Lamacun ;)

Sorry, but i never saw any Turkish restaurant in Bangkok :D

To keep it on topic, I was going to recommend one of my favorite Italian restaurants here in Phuket, on Patak rd near Chalong at the entrance to Patak Villa, which happens to have paintings of Valentino Rossi and his Ducati on the walls.

Why looking for Ducati paintings on the walls when you can have a real one next to your table?!?

Ducati Caffe Bangkok

Edited by soundman
fixed quote tags

Hot tip: La Buca, Soi 1. Close to Ploenchit BTS Station, just go down the Soi a couple hundred meters, it's on your right. Owner is from Milano. Real Italian, atmosphere, too, and pretty inexpensive--last time I went a glass of red wine was only ฿120, which ain't bad for around here. Owner is a nice guy.

Hot tip: La Buca, Soi 1. Close to Ploenchit BTS Station, just go down the Soi a couple hundred meters, it's on your right. Owner is from Milano. Real Italian, atmosphere, too, and pretty inexpensive--last time I went a glass of red wine was only ฿120, which ain't bad for around here. Owner is a nice guy.

There is another Italian along the street from the Hard Rock Cafe with the seating upstairs. Food there is excellent with mains around 200 Baht. Forget the name though....just across from where the steak place used to be....ahh I can't remember the name of that place either.

Sorry for the vague reply...maybe someone can decipher it for me? biggrin.gif

The only one I tried is Contrazi in sukhumvit 11, 300 m inside the soi, and the food was quite good, but as it's so close to Nana area, it may be a bit noisy if you sit outside.. Ah, i'm italian

contrazzi is crap and i believe it has gone out of business.

Soi 11 has limoncello which is an italian pizzeria with some very good pasta. reasonable too. It is run by zanotti which has some very good italian restaurants in Bangkok.

there is also la Piola at the end, excellent food cooked by mama, but perhaps not that romantic.

La Villa on 53 is good but quite expensive

Rossanos on Asoke excellent meat

if you swing a cat on sukhumvit you hit an Italian restaurant i would say there has to be well over 100 between soi 1 and ekkamai

La Piola, after the 7 eleven at the end of soi 11 is a bit sad atmosphere, but good pizza. Mamma is a typical Italian small 'trattoria' host :rolleyes:

Went there a couple of years ago and as far as I remember they did not even have a proper menu - 'you get what Mama decides to cook today'.

The food was really good but agree that the atmosphere is a bit dull - not really the venue for a big date.

La Piola, after the 7 eleven at the end of soi 11 is a bit sad atmosphere, but good pizza. Mamma is a typical Italian small 'trattoria' host :rolleyes:

Went there a couple of years ago and as far as I remember they did not even have a proper menu - 'you get what Mama decides to cook today'.

The food was really good but agree that the atmosphere is a bit dull - not really the venue for a big date.

yep, you pay for a set course. they do ala carte as well now, but for 1200 baht a head they will stuff you.

I wouldnt make it a first date stop, but for groups it can be great.

Edited by nocturn

BACCO on Soi 53

ANTONIO on Soi 31 (bit difficult to find)

BECCOFINO on Soi 55

Best one probably is GIUSTO on Soi 23 - but prices to match

We had a bad experience at Giusto. Guess my expectations were mis-guided. The decor was all white, lights up way too high, no music, and no other customers on a weekend night. Food was okay, but it felt cold and way too formal for us. I was expecting something more traditional and romantic. Should have just had a drink and left, but it was raining. Bad choice.

I'm surprised no one here mentioned Bella Napoli in Soi 31 yet. One of the biggest pizzas I've ever had in my life, baked in a real wood-fired oven, for a reasonable price (starting 200 THB afair). Some good pasta and meat on the menu, too. Overall a rather small menu, but that's usually a good sign of quality for a restaurant. Better than those doing everything but nothing really good.

I've also liked Basilico (Soi 20, Soi 33) and another one quite near to Basilico in Soi 33 (can't remember the name).

another i found recently that is arguably even better is Mama's you can find this in the soi between Soi 19 and Soi 21 Asoke

You mean "Big Mama" which I really disliked btw (even though quite some friends recommended it). Food wasn't good and seemed rather cheap.

I'm surprised no one here mentioned Bella Napoli in Soi 31 yet. One of the biggest pizzas I've ever had in my life, baked in a real wood-fired oven, for a reasonable price (starting 200 THB afair). Some good pasta and meat on the menu, too. Overall a rather small menu, but that's usually a good sign of quality for a restaurant. Better than those doing everything but nothing really good.

I've also liked Basilico (Soi 20, Soi 33) and another one quite near to Basilico in Soi 33 (can't remember the name).

another i found recently that is arguably even better is Mama's you can find this in the soi between Soi 19 and Soi 21 Asoke

You mean "Big Mama" which I really disliked btw (even though quite some friends recommended it). Food wasn't good and seemed rather cheap.

Bella Napoli is good, but the menu is pretty much limited to pizza and pasta.

I used to like Basilico, but something seems to have happened and it's no good anymore.

I like the larb kai pizza at Big Mama's.