Wallpaper Border And Clothes Dyes

kevc

Thought I might get a better response to my problem here, I'm in Bangkok at the moment and trying to find a shop that sells wallpaper border (the sort that goes above dado rails) without success. I've tried two Homepros stores and Boonthavorn but nothing, also looking for clothes dye but same success I'm afraid.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

clothes dye, not dryer

I have used dye before but its problematic so haven't used it in years. but if I can get it on koh phangan its surely available in Bangkok. That said, even with boiling the clothes in the dye with vinegar they still had to be washed separately forever after that as the dye continued to run. :(

I would try the Pahurat district in Bangkok for that kind of thing.

wallpaper border, I do know what you mean but can't say I have ever seen it in Thailand, if Home Pro doesn't have it I can't imagine its very available then. Also, wallpaper paste doesn't stick so well in high humidity.

Do you have anyone who can send you this stuff from home? Sometimes thats easier

Whle I'd much prefer to shop local, it's often very frustrating and time consuming trying to find what I need. After living here a couple years, I've found that shopping online is my best bet. Sometimes, even when HomePro stocks something I'm looking for, it might not be in a style I like (for example, duvet covers), and they're sold just as expensively there as it would be for me to buy one online and have it shipped here.

With both dye and rolls of wallpaper borders, I think it would be quite cost effective to import, and you'll get exactly the color and style you have in mind. Good luck!

Thanks for the replies after searching hi and low in Bangkok we have some friends coming over for Xmas so we've decided to send them a few pics of our living room and ask them to buy us some wallpaper border (by the way it's the decorative strip usually about 6 inches deep that goes on top of dado rails)it's strange but Korat Home Pro sold it but didn't have enough in stock for our needs.

Once again thanks.

Kevc