Occupy As A Means To Financial Reform

Obama has as much chance of being faced with Ron Paul as his republican opponent and him facing Donald Duck. As far as who is more on the side of the 99 percent, Obama or Richie McRich (Romney) the out of touch corporations are people - firing artist, let the people decide, OK?

Whose on the side if the 99% is only germane if the ones calling themselves "the 99%" represent 99% of the voters. I tend to doubt that they do.

It is when you realize that it is a trick of the right wing to fool people to vote against their economic self interest. They are expert at that in the U.S. The tea party is a fake populist movement, funded by radical right wing corporate business interests. Of course you can't get the entire 99 percent to smell the coffee.

Zealots always believe that everyone would agree with them if only they could see clearly. No surprise that true believers of OWS would come to the same conclusion.

Romney's problem in a Romney vs Obama election is not that he's out of synch with the 99%, rather it's that he's the John Kerry of the Republican party. No one believes in the guy, the only reason he's seen as a viable candidate is that his prep school credentials and yachting skills make him look presidential in a JFK sort of way.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

John Kerry was real but he looked fake. He really was a war hero and then he was a real anti-war hero. Romney is fake and looks fake. Still, it will be a tough election as many people are suffering so wanting to make a change is normal, even if its a change back in the wrong direction.

John Kerry was real but he looked fake. He really was a war hero and then he was a real anti-war hero. Romney is fake and looks fake. Still, it will be a tough election as many people are suffering so wanting to make a change is normal, even if its a change back in the wrong direction.

Obama's wounds are self-inflicted. I voted for Obama in 2008 and instead of free healthcare I got a 40% increase in my health insurance premiums and a promise of being forced to continue to buy health insurance in the future. And instead of Guantanamo being closed upon him taking office, it just celebrated it's 10th anniversary. But he had Bin Laden assassinated and constantly sends drone missiles at bad guys in Pakistan, and Europeans like us a little more than before, so all's good.

Edited by OriginalPoster

'End the FED' should be enough reason to vote for Ron Paul 2012.

If that is accomplished the rest will follow because there would be no money to fight undeclared wars, subsidize banks and non performing businesses.

You do realize he has ZERO chance of winning and ending the fed has ZERO chance of happening? Just checking ...

Obama's wounds are self-inflicted. I voted for Obama in 2008 and instead of free healthcare I got a 40% increase in my health insurance premiums and a promise of being forced to continue to buy health insurance in the future. And instead of Guantanamo being closed upon him taking office, it just celebrated it's 10th anniversary. But he had Bin Laden assassinated and constantly sends drone missiles at bad guys in Pakistan, and Europeans like us a little more than before, so all's good.

I was for a Canadian system, lowered costs, universal access, all done with taxes. Obama's system caved totally to big pharma and big insurance and yes its a disaster. The republican answer even worse -- they have no answer. Just let the uninsured die as usual is their answer.

I was for a Canadian system, lowered costs, universal access, all done with taxes. Obama's system caved totally to big pharma and big insurance and yes its a disaster. The republican answer even worse -- they have no answer. Just let the uninsured die as usual is their answer.

Just letting the uninsured die might be better. At least it would be more honest. What happens now is that the vast majority have health insurance and that takes price pressure off the hospitals. They have to negotiate standard prices for various procedures with the insurance companies but the insurance companies aren't under huge pressure to get the lowest possible price, they just need to negotiate a decent enough deal to make sure that premiums received exceed medical expenses paid. But if no one had insurance, in the long run hospitals wouldn't be able to charge as much, as if you try to bill the average Joe $1000 for each visit to the emergency room he's just not going to have the money to pay you.

Edited by OriginalPoster

'End the FED' should be enough reason to vote for Ron Paul 2012.

If that is accomplished the rest will follow because there would be no money to fight undeclared wars, subsidize banks and non performing businesses.

You do realize he has ZERO chance of winning and ending the fed has ZERO chance of happening? Just checking ...

laugh.png folks here in the US would disagree & have proven it in all the polls so far.

But maybe in Thailand your right whistling.gif

Then again you had it right here....

let the people decide, OK?

Edited by flying

+1 just got my 3rd increase in the mail from my health insurance provider...

Each was approximately a 10-13% increase....Before Zobama my health premiums were stable for many years.

Gitmo? dont get me started..........

Each was approximately a 10-13% increase....Before Zobama my health premiums were stable for many years.

Your premiums were stable? Very hard to believe. Anyway, you're getting older. That's what you get with a profit only system. The man's name is Obama, OK? Edited by Jingthing

Its hilarious to me that you actually think Paul has any chance at all of being nominated. I get his big appeal to the tin hat brigade, but come on, please stay on the reality plane.

That was not the statement of yours I was answering....

This was....

I never thought he would & am glad that he won't win the Republican nomination.

After all Republicans & Democrats are the problem. Ron Paul is not what most would call a Republican anyway.

He will run as always as a Libertarian it is there he has a chance of winning the "peoples" vote

We The People are sick of both of the other parties BS

Edited by flying

Your premiums were stable? Very hard to believe. Anyway, you're getting older. That's what you get with a profit only system. The man's name is Obama, OK?

That is what I said...stable ....As in no increases for years...

Old? I guess I am getting older yes...still a decade+ from retirement or SS age & how about my kids?

Their premiums all went up these past 3 years too. Are they old? Hmmmm is 26 etc old?

Wow

The man is my employee..... I plan to do my part to fire him.... everybody I know here in the US plans to do the same

Edited by flying

Its hilarious to me that you actually think Paul has any chance at all of being nominated. I get his big appeal to the tin hat brigade, but come on, please stay on the reality plane.

That was not the statement of yours I was answering....

This was....

After all Republicans & Democrats are the problem. Ron Paul is not what most would call a Republican anyway.

intheclub.gif

The 'insurgent' Ron Paul: Why he's the 2012 X-factor

http://theweek.com/article/index/223261/the-insurgent-ron-paul-why-hes-the-2012-x-factor

Edited by midas