Plumbing Supplies

rocketmanbkk

Hello all.

I am in Pattaya next week and want to ask if anyone knows or can find out some prices for plumbing supplies in Pattaya?

I am looking specifically for a few items:-

1). Lead free solder - 500g

2). Bernzomatic TS7000 or TS8000 gas torch

3). Rothenberger Superfire 2 gas torch.

I know that Thais don't use copper for plumbing usually but I work in the UK and prices are through the roof so though if I can get supplies while I am there and put them in the suitcase I'll have a nice family holiday and buy some bits too. It'll make the flight and hotel prices a little sweeter!

I know there are a few DIY superstores around but looking on the websites the details are not great.

Any info would be great.

Thank you

You are right, the Thai's really don't use copper and what is available is expensive. Probably more expensive than the UK. Copper is only used for air conditioning and on the hot water side of water heaters.

The kind of torches that you are talking about aren't available here, and what the Thais use is not small enough to put into a suitcase. They don't use solder. It's more like copper welding sticks. In fact the torches are more like smaller size welding equipment with separate LPG gas and oxygen tanks.

The equipment available for copper work is available at air conditioning supply shops. You won't find any equipment in a DIY store. Only air conditioner workers work with copper. There is an air conditioning supply shop on Thepprasit road about the middle of Thepprasit road on the North side.

Good luck!

Edited by BB1950