Bkk To Korat On Motorbike

Soi Sauce

Son in Korat has been hospitalised and I'm Planning to ride up early tomorrow, 11th, early morning.

Can anyone give me any details about the driveability of the main road from Bkk to Korat City.

Plan to go thru Saraburi and take the Buri Ram Road past the dam near Pak Chong.

Thanks.

This news from the Nation as of today:

The Ayutthaya-Asia Highway was under 20 to 30 centimetres of water, while the Pathum Thani-Bang Pahan route was under 30 to 60cm of water.

The flood level on the Mittraparp highway in Saraburi was one metre, while in Lop Buri, the Khok Samrong-Chaiyaphum highway was under 30-40cm of water, the bypass under 40cm and the Lop Buri-Sing Buri road under 20-30cm.

In Nakhon Sawan, the western bypass was swamped by 40-50cm of water, Pak Nam Pho-Nakhon Sawan highway under 40-50cm, Phayuha Khiri-Uthai Thani under 40-50cm and Nakhon Sawan-Phichit under 40-50cm.

In Sing Buri, the Phaholyothin road was under 60-70cm of water, Lop Buri-Sing Buri under 25cm, Ayutthaya-Chai Nat under 30-40cm, while the Tak Fah-Phitsanulok road came to a standstill due to a broken bridge.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/new/national/Highways-swamped-30167043.html

up early tomorrow, 11th

Not sure how 11th comes into play but if you have not made the trip see KM 10-15 of Highway 2 outside of Saraburi as under water on map yesterday so suspect alternative route would be required for that section.

up early tomorrow, 11th

Not sure how 11th comes into play but if you have not made the trip see KM 10-15 of Highway 2 outside of Saraburi as under water on map yesterday so suspect alternative route would be required for that section.

There's a pinned topic on the ' Thailand Motor forum ' I think it should be on every forum at this time of trouble with flooded roads and areas.

Edited by Kwasaki