There Goes The Pound

thaimate

Why in heavens name are we comparing the aid figures to the latest round of QE. The whole point being that if the economy was in decent shape we wouldn't need the QE.

Looking at the budget figures it would seem that levels of aid are getting to nearly half of what is centrally spent on education.

Budget

Someone else brought up the question of aid at a time when we were having to print money to try and dig ourselves out of a hole. I think the implication was that if we took the finger out of the aid hole, we would be less in need of devaluing our way out of bankruptcy.

Education is primarily (sic) locally funded.

Personally, I'd rather pay for starving Africans than people sitting on their <deleted> in the UK. To be honest, as far as I am concerned, we can have as many starving Africans as you want, but I'd rather people in the UK worked for a living. thank goodness for the Poles

SC

I read this then instantly checked your profile...

Resident overseas. when was the last time you lived in the UK ?

Can I have your opinion mate, say the population of every country bordering Thailand was given permission to work in Thailand. What would be the Thai reaction to this ? And indeed your reaction ?....(Ah fair play to these vietnamese & Burmese workers they are dam good grafters) let them take all the jobs?!?

It wouldn't happen would it !! Thai jobs for Thai people, fair do's it's their country.

But in the UK we are forced to accept it..

People sit on there <deleted> all over the world, people desperately need jobs all over the world, even in Thailand!

Edited by Pedzie

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do what Thailand does

Cut off all welfare, bring back workhouses (where anyone can stay free of charge), allow anyone to eat free at the workhouses (resident or not)

Job done.

(For Thailand read Temple instead of workhouse)

Yes i agree but Thailand do not have Human rights do they , Thats the problem with the UK, People in the UK dont have human rights in regard to being protected from criminals who we cannot deport because Europe have in posed them on us , who insidently we fought two world wars so We/ they could have a right of oppinion. BUt we cannot. because we are British.

Edited by Thongkorn

Yes i agree but Thailand do not have Human rights do they , Thats the problem with the UK, People in the UK dont have humam rights in regard to being protected from criminals who we cannot deport because Europe have in posed them on us , who insidently we fought two world wars so We/ they could have a right of oppinion. BUt we cannot. because we are British.

As far as I can see the right to eat, the right to shelter, and the right not to be oppressed by another person are the only human rights that actually matter.

Lets face it, if they eat at the workhouse, you could control the meals and make them nutritious and healthy.

The 'entitled' may not like it, but they could hardly make valid complaints.

I can just see the protests, "We want the right to eat free Big Macs", "we want the right to feed our children crap"

Why in heavens name are we comparing the aid figures to the latest round of QE. The whole point being that if the economy was in decent shape we wouldn't need the QE.

Looking at the budget figures it would seem that levels of aid are getting to nearly half of what is centrally spent on education.

Budget

Someone else brought up the question of aid at a time when we were having to print money to try and dig ourselves out of a hole. I think the implication was that if we took the finger out of the aid hole, we would be less in need of devaluing our way out of bankruptcy.

Personally, I'd rather pay for starving Africans than people sitting on their <deleted> in the UK. To be honest, as far as I am concerned, we can have as many starving Africans as you want, but I'd rather people in the UK worked for a living. thank goodness for the Poles

SC

Oviously a wined up, Because you dont have a clue, many people want to work , me includer but when you are exploited because Poles will work for next to nothing, and send money home to there family < i have no problem with this , but i have to drop My wages to keep my job , but i have the British standard of living , all the Utility bills have gone up in the Uk , Also they to are going home now they have F.k up all the jobs and made wages lower. Not all people in the Uk are sat on there &lt;deleted&gt; as you serjest

.oe

Yes they are not lazy...that's why the unemployed should do some community work for say half the week and earn their benefits. I'm sure half of each week is plenty to be out searching for proper paid employment.

Budget

Personally, I'd rather pay for starving Africans than people sitting on their &lt;deleted&gt; in the UK. To be honest, as far as I am concerned, we can have as many starving Africans as you want, but I'd rather people in the UK worked for a living. thank goodness for the Poles

SC

Oviously a wined up, Because you dont have a clue, many people want to work , me includer but when you are exploited because Poles will work for next to nothing, and send money home to there family < i have no problem with this , but i have to drop My wages to keep my job , but i have the British standard of living , all the Utility bills have gone up in the Uk , Also they to are going home now they have F.k up all the jobs and made wages lower. Not all people in the Uk are sat on there &lt;deleted&gt; as you serjest

.oe

My friend's daughter was seeking work for 9 months with no offers she is 18 years old and presentable and speaks well.

Finally she got a job through a friend of her mothers who was manager at Tesco.

At Jurys Inn hotel in Islington all the chamber maids and most of the other staff [including management ] were foreigners with little understanding of english language.

A room maid I spoke to told me she was recruited in Poland I cannot remember her salary but it was a pittance based on how many rooms she could clean.

I found that most manual work in London was not advertised in government job centers but in shop agencies.I asked about a few jobs on offer to see the response.I was always informed that the job had now been taken.No mention of who the employer was.

It was clear to me that the agencies were doing the vetting for the companies .