Aggressiveness Towards Farangs Lately

You still don't get it do you

Did it ever occur to you that it might turn some Thai fathers stomachs like it does mine and probably all the fathers in your home country to see their daughters trying to be chatted up by an old man. Do you have any morals. The more i read your posts i think you deserve what you get. I think you came here thinking you can do what the f***k you like, you want to start showing a bit of respect and you might get some back. I bet you believe your wife when she calls you handsome ma

=================================================================================================

Bruce, you need to read the op. I was buying shoes, not hanging about in a schoolyard or bar. I don't go after any girl under 18 (green fruit). And, no, I have no respect for pikeys. My wife calls me "uan" (slightly fat man) and she is a top chef at a big restaurant in Chaweng, not a bar or massage girl, plus she doesn't speak any English. If any woman said "Hi handsome man!" I would run.

Edited by parallaxtech

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was working on behalf of some european tour operators for 15+ years on USM. I had to look after clients, residing in hotels all over the island. From 2000 onwards, the number of complaints about agressive behaviour of local thais rose steadily. Every 2nd customer staying at the Boathouse in Choeng Mon for instance, complained about problems with cab drivers, taking them back from Chaweng. I had people, even got attacked and threatened. ( in that case, the tourists took a cab and agreed on 400,- Baht. After arriving, the cabbie claimed, that it was meant to be per person, and wanted 800.) Other, frequent complaints involve the jet ski mafia of course and aggressive insultings from street vendors, after customers refused to buy their junk.... Could come up with a long list of incidents, reported to me.

I've visited many places in Thailand. In general, Thais are friendly and helpful people. But for some reason, clocks on Samui tick in a different way.

Have you ever seen a farang with a Thai woman his own age?

YES

perhaps that's your problem.

========================================================================================

Bruce, please take a picture of them. If I wanted black bananas I could find plenty in my orchard back home. Like most men here, I came for the fresh fruit. My wife is 24yrs younger, but I still feel she is way too old. My buddies who are ten years older have girlfriends/wives much younger than mine and it bothers me. That's the wonderful thing about life, though, you can choose anyone you like. If you prefer an old beater more power to you. I'll take the sleek new model.

Alarm bells should start to ring, reading this post.Can you also choose 16 year old girls.

========================================================================================

Bruce, please take a picture of them. If I wanted black bananas I could find plenty in my orchard back home. Like most men here, I came for the fresh fruit. My wife is 24yrs younger, but I still feel she is way too old. My buddies who are ten years older have girlfriends/wives much younger than mine and it bothers me. That's the wonderful thing about life, though, you can choose anyone you like. If you prefer an old beater more power to you. I'll take the sleek new model.

You obviously have some issues that need looking into. Love and marriage are about a lot of things - but I have never seen anything like the above.

I did not come here 'for fresh fruit!'.Neither did my neighbours and friends. We are all with the same ladies that we arrived with.

With the above attitude I can start to see why there are rumours about you. :unsure:

BTW - the only rumours about me are from foreigners - not Thais. Just sour grapes and of no consequence in the real world.

The Op just doesn't get it...

While I was perhaps sympathetic towards his opening post I am now quite disgusted by his opinions. He obviously represents the slimy of end of the scale. Unfortunately the OP is the brush with which many westerns get tarred in a small community.

MY thoughts exactly

funny i should see this topic....i just moved back to lamai after 10 months....dont have any enemies here in fact dont mix much with the thai locals in lamai at all, dont go out to bars or anything - keep myself to myself really....used to always love my morning trip to the market for noodles and coffee... a few days ago at 8am i returned to my bike to find dog crap in the footwell....i thought weird for a dog to pass and poop in my footwell...didnt think anything of it - then today the same thing happened. someone clearly thinks it is funny to put dog crap in the white womans bike....its the first time i have felt truly targeted and unwelcome.

I intend on getting my good thai friend from chaweng to come with me tomorrow and have a few words with the sellers around where i leave my bike....personally i think it is the guys who sit on the wall of the familymart opposite lamai market. My friend is going to be furious when i tell him - he will consider it an extreme loss of face to him and thai people that they should do this.

Its beyond me why they would do this to me :( makes me sad and feeling targeted now......if i were a tourist i would not think much of the land of smiles or samui right now.......

YES

I had no problem with your original post. This one however puts you in a very different light and i'm not surprised the guy put one on you.

by the way....before anyone says something about how i might have caused it....i was wearing long trousers and a shirt...was smiling and chatting my pigeon thai to the vendors i see every day. Am always polite and smile.... have not had any fights or got in any trouble with any thais here....absolutely zero reason it should happen to me in particular other than am white, female and on my own....

funny i should see this topic....i just moved back to lamai after 10 months....dont have any enemies here in fact dont mix much with the thai locals in lamai at all, dont go out to bars or anything - keep myself to myself really....used to always love my morning trip to the market for noodles and coffee... a few days ago at 8am i returned to my bike to find dog crap in the footwell....i thought weird for a dog to pass and poop in my footwell...didnt think anything of it - then today the same thing happened. someone clearly thinks it is funny to put dog crap in the white womans bike....its the first time i have felt truly targeted and unwelcome.

I intend on getting my good thai friend from chaweng to come with me tomorrow and have a few words with the sellers around where i leave my bike....personally i think it is the guys who sit on the wall of the familymart opposite lamai market. My friend is going to be furious when i tell him - he will consider it an extreme loss of face to him and thai people that they should do this.

Its beyond me why they would do this to me :( makes me sad and feeling targeted now......if i were a tourist i would not think much of the land of smiles or samui right now.......

Are you sure you were not making nice with a 16 year old girl? B)

As long as i can remember the only aggressive thais were the sellers such as the taxi drivers and jet ski rental boys as they always seem to be quick with a middle finger or foul mouth but the to most other thais we seemed to be almost untouchable, IMO time has washed the white knight appeal off the avg guy and we are just like anyone else, open to confrontation if the situation deems itself. the OP has been on the board since 06 I am sure he knows the score justalady has not been here long but she is seeing what would not have been seen 10 yrs ago. times change and attitudes do to. at the end of the day the only thing that will never change is I am not thai and never will be.

Now that is quite insulting... However, I suspect its simply a group of uneducated monkeys doing nothing more than getting a laugh.....

I would doubt that there is any genuine ill intent going on here. I'm sure if you actually caught someone doing this and faced up to them it would very much be a School teacher scolding a scared child type scenario !!! (careful though !)....

Now that is quite insulting... However, I suspect its simply a group of uneducated monkeys doing nothing more than getting a laugh.....

I would doubt that there is any genuine ill intent going on here. I'm sure if you actually caught someone doing this and faced up to them it would very much be a School teacher scolding a scared child type scenario !!! (careful though !)....

yes i am quite upset at it....am sure my friend will handle it though...i am very recognizable as they see me every day and i always smile and say hello....it may be for a laugh but it really is nasty and am trying very hard not to take it personally as that will just give them the reaction they want. Sad though as if goes on shopping will be done at tescos and the market can say bye bye to my money :( no one wins

yes i am quite upset at it....am sure my friend will handle it though...i am very recognizable as they see me every day and i always smile and say hello....it may be for a laugh but it really is nasty and am trying very hard not to take it personally as that will just give them the reaction they want. Sad though as if goes on shopping will be done at tescos and the market can say bye bye to my money :( no one wins

Funny, i stopped any shopping at a market in lamai years ago because whilst i thought i'd rather give money to locals than say a supermarket they thought it was fine to charge me more because i was a farang.

They'll just never learn. People don't like rewarding dishonesty.

These idiots don't think further than their noses... The issue is (and perhaps related to this thread) is that the idiots from whom we get 'tarnished by the same brush' also think no further than their own noses...

Fortunately its only a minority, however its human nature to bunch groups together according to the lowest common dominator... Including those who wear trousers and shirts with their sandals, murder their ex wives, search out fresh meet and talk to 16 year old girls...

Can it be a way to tell you to not park in front of my business, it's for my customers.

Try park somewhere else.

YES

Alarm bells should start to ring, reading this post.Can you also choose 16 year old girls.

Agree

reading that post leads me to believe that the OP isnt telling the whole truth regarding his liason with the 16 years old school girl. Gives me the creeps just thinking about it ..

You obviously have some issues that need looking into. Love and marriage are about a lot of things - but I have never seen anything like the above.

I did not come here 'for fresh fruit!'.Neither did my neighbours and friends. We are all with the same ladies that we arrived with.

With the above attitude I can start to see why there are rumours about you. :unsure:

BTW - the only rumours about me are from foreigners - not Thais. Just sour grapes and of no consequence in the real world.

Spot on. When the OP refers to children as "green fruit" I find that very disturbing indeed.

Can it be a way to tell you to not park in front of my business, it's for my customers.

Try park somewhere else.

yes will do that, though i do park with all the other bikes in the parking section...no one else gets this treatment....besides - i am/was their customer!

Spot on. When the OP refers to children as "green fruit" I find that very disturbing indeed.

I am speechless. The OP's purpose of the post, is lost on me.

Let me just say regardless of nationality, if I see an old codger trying to chat up my daughter, I would have decked him.

I have to think this thread is a wind up or a troll.

Who in their right mind believes it is normal to have a wife 70 years younger? Or worry that their own wife is 24 years younger and is way too old? What is this talk about 16 year old girls on fake IDs, many of whom are pregnant? And as to references to human beings, potentially wives, as black bananas, fresh fruit and green fruit, well this is all beyond me.

If the OP seriously means all these things, then I am not surprised he is having some problems. What sympathy I had has now gone!

Who in their right mind believes it is normal to have a wife 70 years younger? Or worry that their own wife is 24 years younger and is way too old? What is this talk about 16 year old girls on fake IDs, many of whom are pregnant? And as to references to human beings, potentially wives, as black bananas, fresh fruit and green fruit, well this is all beyond me.

If the OP seriously means all these things, then I am not surprised he is having some problems. What sympathy I had has now gone!

I know what you mean but the scary thing is i think the OP reckons his behaviour is normal. He's not trolling. This thread is getting creepy. Personally i find the OP's comments appalling and if i had a daughter his sort would be getting nowhere near her. For her safety and his.

I know what you mean but the scary thing is i think the OP reckons his behaviour is normal. He's not trolling. This thread is getting creepy. Personally i find the OP's comments appalling and if i had a daughter his sort would be getting nowhere near her. For her safety and his.

Yeah I think the OP has shown us the inside whirrings of his brain and it aint a pretty sight.

YES

I had no problem with your original post. This one however puts you in a very different light and i'm not surprised the guy put one on you.

Rather disturbing pov of OP.

Yeah I think the OP has shown us the inside whirrings of his brain and it aint a pretty sight.

And maybe the OP is known for such an attitude and the Thai guy decided it was whuppin time?

OP's start was sort of looking for some sympathy and then moved on to a blanket statement regarding agressiveness towards farangs. With his post-posts I think we can see a truer light. I'm siding with the thai guy at this point good for him standing up against paedophelia.

Funny, i stopped any shopping at a market in lamai years ago because whilst i thought i'd rather give money to locals than say a supermarket they thought it was fine to charge me more because i was a farang.

They'll just never learn. People don't like rewarding dishonesty.

lol Thai and foreigner prices could you imagine how that would go down back in the UK. for example i am serving in the market. a white customer comes up to me i charge him or her 20 pence for some bananas. though the person next to him might be an indian or a colored person and i charge them a pount for the same bananas.

if they asked me why i charged them mor ean di say " because u r indian or black" that would go down relly well.

I went to china recently. Even though the people look similiar i found it hard being talked to as an equal.

I think i would have a big culture shock after many years out here going home.

or my old home.

I might open a thai restaurant in the uk but charge more for thai people.

thats fair isn't it???

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exactly, I got my answer on the first page as several suggested I stay away from the pikey markets, which I do now. These pikeys or gypsies travel all over Samui and are not the most reputable people. Give your business to Tesco 7/11, and Big C. Thanks again for all the great advice and thanks to Roo for keeping things on topic.