Anyone Been For Their 90 Day Check Recently?

A multi entry non immigrant visa requires exit of country not a 90 day address report. Are you sure you do not have a one year extension of stay? Chiang Watanna does not stamp passport for 90 day reports - you submit a TM.47 and the bottom portion is your receipt and returned with the stamp of due date.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The OP needs to say where his reporting office is as it varies between them. Chiang Mai requires signed copies of your passport pages - photo/Visa page, permission to stay page and arrival card. No proof of address required at the moment.

Khon Kaen the same.

Nakon Sawan the same.

A multi entry non immigrant visa requires exit of country not a 90 day address report. Are you sure you do not have a one year extension of stay? Chiang Watanna does not stamp passport for 90 day reports - you submit a TM.47 and the bottom portion is your receipt and returned with the stamp of due date.

Ok. It's my first 90 day check in on a multiple entry, I previously had a single entry. I haven't been out of the country in the last 90 days so (as I understand it and as my lawyer said) I just had to do a normal 90 day check in.

Don't have the bottom half of the TM47 either though. Will have to give the lawyer a ring on Monday.

Thanks

You must leave the country on the permitted to stay date or you are overstay. A multi entry visa only allows a 90 day stay. Unless you obtained an extension of stay from immigration you are overstay. Only people with extensions of stay are allowed to just report address every 90 days.

My wife went into the Jomtien office a week ago. Usual procedure except this time they wanted to see the Thibian Baan (house blue book). She didnt have it with her - officer said bring it next time.

Other than that business as usual.

for proof of address for my 90 day report and my new retirement extension application (they are within 15 days of each other and will be done at the same time in Dec) I intend to take my wife, her house blue book and ID card and our marriage certificate as I have nothing else available, all utilities are in her name...has this worked/not worked for anyone?

also, my name is on the chanote for our house as the usufructuary but that does not, strictly speaking, provide proof of residence...

I'm also hoping that the good relationship that we have with our local immigration office will assist in this matter but one never knows...I previously had an extension based on marriage with the map, house photos and etc...

for extention don't forget bank papers as well!

A friend I had lunch with yesterday said he went to Immo/CW two weeks ago to do the 90-day report.

No changes in procedure. No requirement to show proof of residence.

same here did mine on 20 Sep.

I did the 90-days reporting at Chiang Wattanna last Monday. learnt the discussion here and I prepared photocopies of passport pages and proof of address.

long queue, 90 people at 09.00h. I asked the officier if photocopy is needed, she said NO.

just 3 minutes at the counter, with my passport + TM47 + TM6 arrival/departure card, done. the officier returned to me my passport ( no stamp ), the TM 6 arrivial/departure card and a FULL TM47 form and at the receipt section a printed BAR CODE and a printed next reporting date.

this was in Chiang Wattanna office.

a FULL TM47 form and at the receipt section a printed BAR CODE and a printed next reporting date.

That is a change and perhaps helps to explain when some offices have not wanted the computer filled form - they now plan to provide bar code forms to make reporting processing faster (as passports have used for years). Now next question becomes if we input to computer and type in information/print out will that be accepted? Any indication what information is in the barcode? Any information pre-printed on form? Does it appear to be the standard TM.47 or a new version?

The OP needs to say where his reporting office is as it varies between them. Chiang Mai requires signed copies of your passport pages - photo/Visa page, permission to stay page and arrival card. No proof of address required at the moment.

I go to the Jomtien (Pattaya) Immigration.

Then be ready with all the noted documents. 90 day report form, copy of photo page of passport, current visa extension, TM card, proof of residence and be ready to give them anything else they ask for and do so with a smile or they can and will make your life hell.

It also helps if you have your forms already filled out (preferably typed from the Thaivisa provided forms) so the officer can read them.

My passport usually goes (via lawyer courier) to Nonthaburi Immigration office. I usually send simply the passport and a return address envelope (for the courier's use). Invariably the envelope is kept at Immigration (leading to my lawyer having to phone me to confirm my address in order to ensure safe return of the passport) but the passport is returned without further question - I assume that the officer dealing with it merely takes copies of the pages he/she requires.

Chonburi Immigration require copies of : passport main page, current extension page, arrivals card plus proof of address.

I was there two days ago. The kid (not in uniform) that served me said: copies of passport main page, current extension page, arrivals card, house papers. No mention of proof of address. A Thai woman was asking what was going on. Another officer explained that regulation was always on the books, and there was a new head guy who wants it enforced.

Your house papers (I assume you mean chanoot) are proof of address. I usually take a water or electric bill, that's enough for proof of address.

The latter is alright, but the former is not, since Farangs can't buy houses, thus channots don't contain their names.

Chonburi Immigration require copies of : passport main page, current extension page, arrivals card plus proof of address.

I was there two days ago. The kid (not in uniform) that served me said: copies of passport main page, current extension page, arrivals card, house papers. No mention of proof of address. A Thai woman was asking what was going on. Another officer explained that regulation was always on the books, and there was a new head guy who wants it enforced.

"wouldnt mind some help on these issues,. will be flying out to thailand in couple days,. staying for 5 months!! have a double entry

arrive on the 13th oct---that fine believe will get a 60 day entry.................will be visiting a friend first 1 wk in pattaya---then will be staying with my partner in buriram nong pru

do i have to go to the immigration in buriram and register my address.............was not going to register but leave the country after 60 days renew visa again another 60 days............people with experience will hopefully put me on the right proceedure...........travel thailand many occassions........but never for more than 3 months and never stayed at my partners befor.................so need some help in the new proceedures

last thing i need is fines again---we no what the thai mentality is!!!

Your host is required to register your presence (if home owner) to local police but immigration has not required from tourists directly so you should be fine and am sure host will just say forget it as most Thai do.

Kanchanaburi office......completed TM 47 (with receipt from previous visit which they retain) and show your passport. They don't require photocopies of anything and don't do any themselves either. :)

Udon Thani - one week ago - same thing - new TM 47 and look in passport - out in 2 minutes tops...

OK here's a thing...I went to do my 90 day reporting :( at CHAENGWATTANA ROAD,SOI 7, LAKSI, BANGKOK this morning (10 October) and they have a notice displaying on the counter windows & the LCD screen advising that when you visit next time you dont need to use the TM.47 form just bring the last reporting slip

Edited by trigz

My 90 day was done last week without any special requirements That was at the Chang Wattana Immigration offices.

On my previous 90 day the officer questioned me about my given address. This was because I live in Bangkok Province

and I work in Nonthaburi Province. Chang Wattana is the place to do 90 days for residents of Bangkok.

If you live in Nothaburi then you would have to go to the paddy fields immigration out in the sticks in Nonthaburi.

Basically all I take is my passport and the 90 day form and nothing else.

Went in on the 7th. Filled out the 90 day report form they provide, using info from my passport and arrival/departure card in my passport. Handed the paper and passport to the lady, out 2 minutes later. In Nakohm Phatom. Glad I don't have to jump through so many hoops! But I am here for University, have been using the same immigration office/people for over 3 years now and it's a small office where I am recognized. You guys have a lot of hoops.

I was there at Chaeng Wattana immigration, filled in new TM 47, enclosed the previous copy of the TM 47 and passport. After the procedure completed, the officer provided me with a new TM 47 form with my details already filled in with a bar-code for the next visit which I am to make sure the bar-code is kept in good condition. She duly informed me if I exit the country at any time, I should still keep this TM 47 and rectify the date accordingly for the next 90 days report.

Well looks like all my hassel's of getting a yellow tambien baan book might be worth while after hundreds on T/V said it wasn't worth the trouble. Well at least i have proof of address now.But it was one hell of hassel to get, all up took about 2 months for me to get.Plus around 10,000 baht having to travel to Bangkok to get the magic stamp plus money to get everything translated