Chiang Mai Land Swimming Pool?

CMSteve

I went over to the swimming pool at Chiang Mai Land hoping to get an annual membership. The lady behind counter told me that memberships are free to residents of Chiang Mai Land and 500B for non-resident Thais. Foreigners must pay the full price, driver's license does not suffice. I was there the day before the floods with the wife and was told that I could have a membership.

In any case, Are there any of you that know different? Anybody have a membership and not living in CML? Any local owners willing to say that I live there?

Any suggestions to another local pool with better terms toward foreigners?

It's 50B. Which is great if it's truly ad-hoc, but as I've gained a good 15-20Kg in the past year I need daily usage. ~1500B/month. In this case it would actually be cheaper to go to one of the hotels with full towel service, gym, tv's, newspapers, etc... They are clearly not in the same league.

What is the cost of current 'ad-hoc' useage ? I used to pay 50 baht per day.

Why would they deny member ship because you are not Thai? If you are serious about swimming I would really invest in the Center of the Universe membership

salted pool and clean. But I don't go there no more as my condo also has salt treated pool :jap:

Funny enough, that was my first stop after Chiang Mai Land. They are closed and the pool is green. don't think they will be ready again for at least a week.

cm steve

have you thought about asking at chiang puak pool ?

dave2

With all due respect, I believe that a moobaan's pool belongs to the residents of the moobaan. As such, only the residents and their guests should be allowed to use the facility, perhaps for a fee. IMHO, a proper policy should not let outsiders, be they Thai or otherwise, use the facility.

In your present case, I don't think a B500 annual membership fee is exuberant and neither is the per visit cost of B50 . I assume the residents pay the same per visit?

My moobaan, as I understand it thus far, sells coupons at B500 which entitles 10 visits to use the pool and the fitness room. Sauna and tennis court charge extra, I guess. What I understand at present is that it applies to all - residents or outsiders. This, I think, is wrong, mainly for safety reason and not discrimination from my part.

Here are some pictures of our moobaan's pool and fitness room. My wife is reluctant to move to CM. She said the house is too small.

post-137105-0-78523200-1318096227_thumb.

post-137105-0-39507300-1318096247_thumb.

post-137105-0-96918100-1318096265_thumb.

• 12 years later...
1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Is this swimming pool still open ?

A website says that its closed 

I considered a membership at a saltwater pool but decided not to, so I just like a change of scenery and like the option of going somewhere else if something is crowded. Plenty of pool options.

2 minutes ago, novacova said:

I considered a membership at a saltwater pool but decided not to, so I just like a change of scenery and like the option of going somewhere else if something is crowded. Plenty of pool options.

Is Chiang Mai land swimming pool still open ?

It says closed on the website 

28 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Is Chiang Mai land swimming pool still open ?

It says closed on the website 

Permanently closed. De Montfort pool in the Thasala area is a big saltwater pool, though the time is limited for public use during the day.

Edited by novacova

On 10/8/2011 at 3:00 PM, CMSteve said:

It's 50B. Which is great if it's truly ad-hoc, but as I've gained a good 15-20Kg in the past year I need daily usage. ~1500B/month. In this case it would actually be cheaper to go to one of the hotels with full towel service, gym, tv's, newspapers, etc... They are clearly not in the same league.

Which hotels offer "full towel service"?  I have read hotels offering membership to their gyms--which might include use of the hotel's swimming pool, but I imagine that can be quite expensive--but maybe someone has experience with it?

12 hours ago, novacova said:

I think that saltwater pools are the only way to go.  But, if he liked the other pool and it was convenient, to be upset by a 500 baht charge for a membership--which is for what length of time?