Phuket Foreigners Losing Homes To Con Men

webfact

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"We could then donate all the winnings to a temple," she continued."

Sure you would.

Your greed gland kicked in and you thought you could scam some sucker.

Guess who got scammed?....sucker.

My thoughts exactly! Really loved that part about donating all the winnings to a temple! Greedy liar... som nam nah!

Edited by GuyL

Lot of clever farangs out there; are you sure your teeraks can prevent this happening to you? At the end of the day, how much trust can be put in teeraks hands when it comes to your assets (on the simple basis teerak doesn't have your level of education or wealth of experience?). I think the answer is no matter how much you love teerak, you can never fully trust them with your assets?

How does the old say go: never spend more than you can afford to loose?

It's often better not to buy anything expensive in Thailand. Renting is usually the way to go, especially for houses and... wives! :whistling::lol:

... usually I don't mind to see that dumbasses, who come to thailand to get all they want when they want because they got cash to show and believe they're kings, are duped out of their money... but if they're drugged... then that's no-game. not fair. That's cheating.

I think this dumbass that you are refering to was actually born in Thailand and didn't arrive here. From what I read the dumbass was Thai.

Lot of clever farangs out there; are you sure your teeraks can prevent this happening to you? At the end of the day, how much trust can be put in teeraks hands when it comes to your assets (on the simple basis teerak doesn't have your level of education or wealth of experience?). I think the answer is no matter how much you love teerak, you can never fully trust them with your assets?

How does the old say go: never spend more than you can afford to loose?

It's often better not to buy anything expensive in Thailand. Renting is usually the way to go, especially for houses and... wives! :whistling::lol:

I guess it depends on where in Thailand you get your wives from. The bars are not usually the best place.

Sounds like GREED rears its head again - some are not happy with everything they have been GIVEN!!! - think about and remember all men who have given! its a matter of time before the love of your life comes up with an IDEA

I know as do others!

p.s. my wife aint from any bar

There's only one thing to say: You cannot con an honest person.

Oh yes you can. My ex-wife, a Thai Civil engineer with a masters degree living here in Chiang Mai, managed that very carefully and it took her 5 years of undying love to fleece me. I was always open and honest with her (and everyone else) and she was/is deceitful and cunning. So watch out for this woman in Chiang Mai as she finds her next foreigner... to pull the same trick

I'll bet you that she's already found him, just like mine.

Ouch. Sorry

Amazing huh.

I guess this is one important reason hi-so usually do not marry down.

How frickin stupid can some people be!!

As stupid as you or I on GBH.

GBH is colourless and tasteless and was clearly in the glass of water.

It gives the victim total trust.

It is often used in date rape.

A friend of mine went shopping in Panthip plaza

and emerged with his new ipod and laptop and other goodies

in a large shopping bag.

He was targeted by a tuk tuk driver who took him to his house.

There he was also given a glass of water and did not remember much more

except that he gambled and lost everything.

He was not a gambling man.

I guess it depends on where in Thailand you get your wives from. The bars are not usually the best place.

I'd say from a bar worsens your chances however there is a multitude of women, many with bachelor degrees, some even masters that may be in the same/similar game. If the foreign man speaks some Thai language, typically these women are not interested. Why not? IMO, knowledge lowers their chances of getting something from you. Tons of them online at dating sites including thaifriendly dot com

That is just reality

in a large shopping bag.

For what possible reason did he go to the tuk tuk driver's house! These people are obviously a danger to themselves and should return to their home countries asap.

....and then 450 days later after the divorce, she picks up her share of the house money!

...Would any of you be surprised if this was the case?

...no! TIT 55555

My thoughts exactly - and less risky than paying someone to throw him off a balcony after he had been drinking.

....and then 450 days later after the divorce, she picks up her share of the house money!

...no! TIT 55555

My thoughts exactly - and less risky than paying someone to throw him off a balcony after he had been drinking.

Quite plausible theory

I believe this tactic is known as the "fan tan" but I am not really sure;

I was once put into the same position but I was not fleeced becos I was not greedy lol

Yes you were smart and not greedy.

Of course these people are easy to take, they a greedy and stupid. No wonder few go to the police with such a story of how utterly stupid they were.

...no! TIT 55555

Quite plausible theory

Geez you people are making it sound like thai's are getting soft.:)

I read through this "story" and find it runs very similar to the scam emails one gets. Even to the extent of the bad English used in the "story".

I just find that the whole story sucks and is at all not true. You have the 'rich Chinese man" the Manager, the driver, and the gambling expert.. Purely fiction from a D class novel!

What dam_n rubbish!

I agree. The whole thing is a perpetuation of the con. The wife was in on it and the story was invented to rationalize to the husband how she sold the house to pay them.

in a large shopping bag.

Yes and GBH is known to work over many days even years right?, the kind of time it takes to withdraw a few million baht.