Want To Buy Bbq

songhklasid

G'day all, I thought I read a post before, but could not find again, Anyway I'll be in C.M.nov 26/27 onroute to my house in sankhaemphang, I would like to purchase a simple flat plate steel BBQ, like I can buy in bunnings or k-mart back home in aus for $150, not your restaurant class stainless model for a small fortune, if anyone can direct to a store it would be appreciated,

thanking you regards songhklasid B) B) B)

Try any metal fabrication shop, they are all over the place. They'll knock you up something for around 1,000B.

Failing that, I've noticed one metal shop on the river road - go past Dukes and not long after Rimping on the left hand side. They have fair sized bbqs sitting outside.

There's also a place near Chiang Mai gate that sells smaller bbqs. On the inside moat road, go past the food court area, and at the gate turn left. Then take your first right. There are two shops, one on the corner and one opposite it. I think they are both owned by the same person. They have smaller bbqs for around 700/800B.

Those bbqs in Tops and Rimping are ridiculous. 40,000B+!! Even if I had that sort of money to throw around, I wouldn't spend it shiny soulless gas bbq :blink:

Edited by keo

I see plenty of cheap barbeques used by vendors along the side of the roads. either you, or if you don't speak thai, a thai speaking person could ask them where to get one.

The stainless rectangular box type used to be for sale in the day market along Witchayanon Road off Chiang Moi just before the river. There was a couple of hardware shops on the left when heading for Thapae Road. The asking price was 500B but that was some time ago.

Why not try the Thai "bucket style" bb q They cost about 150 baht and do everything that Western style BBQs do but at an exorbitant inflationary cost at around 30 to 4o K ..

.Or is this just western decadence that you seek, with a stainless steel or western style BBq that Rimping provide for the unaware and materialistic Westerner who wishes to replicate a western way of living and keep up with western style of living. If so ...you will pay handsomely and Mr Rimping will just cash in on your desires.

This is Thailand...I presume you came here to live amongst the indigenous population and enjoy their culture.

BBqs only grill food and do not require an overpriced product to provide the same taste and effect, that other products provide.

Chok Di

Why not try the Thai "bucket style" bb q They cost about 150 baht and do everything that Western style BBQs do but at an exorbitant inflationary cost at around 30 to 4o K ..

Eh ?

My Western style BBQ cost a truckload less than 30 to 40k.

BBqs only grill food and do not require an overpriced product to provide the same taste and effect, that other products provide.

A "western style BBQ" Also makes for a great oven. the leg of lamb slowly roasting on mine at this very moment smell's divine, only another hour to go.

Eh ?

A "western style BBQ" Also makes for a great oven. the leg of lamb slowly roasting on mine at this very moment smell's divine, only another hour to go.

[/quote

Quote "Eh ?

I was only referring to Rimping ...if you read my post ..it is very clear. I was not referring to other outlets!

So tell us all where you bought your BBQ and maybe some others will save money. And of course how much it cost you? End of quote

I was only referring to Rimping ...if you read my post ..it is very clear. I was not referring to other outlets!

You post read as a generalization to all BBQ's, not some bucket of coals purchased from Rimping.

Read again! I never mentioned buying bucket BBQs from Rimping, nor did I mention buying a "bucket of coals" . Maybe you are not familiar with the clay bucket encased in aluminium that Thai people use. I have used these very successfully for garden parties with great success and also some amusement from westerners who have never contemplated this method, because they were unaware of the simplicity of these items..or indeed had never seen them.

My post was very clear and I will not cross swords with you. I was comparing Bucket BBQs to the western desire of buying expensive BBQs from...for example Rimpings. I do not sit in judgement of those who choose the western alternative, merely offering a different perspective.

Hope that clarifies my post.

Chok Di1

You post read as a generalization to all BBQ's, not some bucket of coals purchased from Rimping.

Read again! I never mentioned buying bucket BBQs from Rimping, nor did I mention buying a "bucket of coals" . Maybe you are not familiar with the clay bucket encased in aluminium that Thai people use. I have used these very successfully for garden parties with great success and also some amusement from westerners who have never contemplated this method, because they were unaware of the simplicity of these items..or indeed had never seen them.

My post was very clear and I will not cross swords with you. I was comparing Bucket BBQs to the western desire of buying expensive BBQs from...for example Rimpings. I do not sit in judgement of those who choose the western alternative, merely offering a different perspective.

Hope that clarifies my post.

Chok Di1

To be honest your post clarifies nothing.

Raindancer, unlike yourself, I didn,t come down with the last rains, READ MY POST, anyway I'm gunna buy a 2 burner flat plate on legs @ bunnings for $89 aus. thats 2759baht & it will last a lifetime, it weighs 16 kilos (boxed) maybe 500baht excess baggage fee and done, thanks anyway guys, I'll put an invitation to come for BBQ & cleansing ales when I finally retire.

regards songhklasid.B) B) B)

Raindancer, unlike yourself, I didn,t come down with the last rains, READ MY POST, anyway I'm gunna buy a 2 burner flat plate on legs @ bunnings for $89 aus. thats 2759baht & it will last a lifetime, it weighs 16 kilos (boxed) maybe 500baht excess baggage fee and done, thanks anyway guys, I'll put an invitation to come for BBQ & cleansing ales when I finally retire.

regards songhklasid.B) B) B)

No need for sarcastic comments of "coming down with the last rains". Been here to long and did not come down with last rain....and I have met all types of westerners with different ideas. I merely offered a different solution to those who were seeking a BBQ to suit their own needs . It does not mean that your way is wrong, nor does mean that my way or your way is wrong. Just a different perspective on cooking styles. If you cannot see that, then that is your problem and not mine.

Unlike you I did not offer sardonic or sarcastic one liners to try and intimidate genuine replies. But I guess that is your style. Not mine!

Chok di

Edited by Raindancer