What Are Your Hobbies Here In Thailand?

zzaa008

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great article , and comments , i used to do a bit of treasure hunting in the UK myself , shit myself a bit though when i found a live round from an RAF plane , with the year dated on the case 1943 , i always wonder what plane it came from and who was flying it .

Photography, shooting the image, Photoshopping and processing, fishing (once I find a good place to fish) Motorbike local trips to attractions like Nong Nooch and local Wats where I take many Photos, working and helping out in local kickboxing camps for kids in the area, Volunteering at Pattaya orphanage (maybe that's not a hobby) and one of my favorites, computers playing and tweaking mine until it no longer boots and then getting mad and find something or someone to blame it on. There just seems to be a cornucopia of things to do here, so many, I sometimes just sleep all day.

Edited by paulian

Making tube flies and fishing lures.

Where do you fish at ?

where there is a river whistling.gif

Noooooooooo, where there is a kebab shop and pub near by. :)

The misses as told me to slow down on my beer ,,she says i am drinking to muchsad.gif..i said ok love i will try.

but whoa behold if she ever try to tell me to slow down on my Kebabs...i will be realangry.gif

Where do you fish at ?

where there is a river whistling.gif

Noooooooooo, where there is a kebab shop and pub near by. :)

The misses as told me to slow down on my beer ,,she says i am drinking to muchsad.gif..i said ok love i will try.

but whoa behold if she ever try to tell me to slow down on my Kebabs...i will be realangry.gif

My mrs is the same, think we should take up fishing then they won't know what we're up to. Mines an pint or 4 of Adnams. :D

Playing music and making beer.

wow a fellow zymurgist. I made beer in the states but do not have my equipment here. am working on designing some new stuff to have made here (cheap) were do you get your ingredients and do you do full mash brews or the fast way with canned malt.

I also fly rc helicopters here. and riding my motorcycle

Golf and metal detecing when i have the time !!

That's really interesting. Where do you go metal detecting? What do you hope to find?

Pattaya beaches, any thing made of metal reaaly

Cheers

paul

Loads of stuff made of latex to be found there, but not worth much eh. :D

Golf and metal detecing when i have the time !!

That's really interesting. Where do you go metal detecting? What do you hope to find?

Pattaya beaches, any thing made of metal reaaly

Cheers

paul

Loads of stuff made of latex to be found there, but not worth much eh. :D

Never heard of a Metal Gimp mask, apparently there really popular here lol

I make sourdough too.

I keep wild yeast alive for a few weeks and it die

You can always purchase dried culture from Internet

drinking beer and make eatable food.

We are related. :D

Unfortunately the home maid killed my sour drought (spelling??) which was well adjusted to Thailand :annoyed:

Else I would send you a nice dark rye bread which is delicious like no bread you can purchase anywhere (need a good 30 hours to produce it no shop will do that anymore).

RIP little bacterias :(

A lot of foreigners in Thailand lead pretty shallow lives. It is reasonable to assume that many spend their free time bitching, moaning and whining on public internet forums such as this.

So ....... what are your hobbies?

A lot of foreigners in Thailand lead pretty shallow lives. It is reasonable to assume that many spend their free time bitching, moaning and whining on public internet forums such as this.

My hobby is generalising. Everybody enjoys that

SC

My hobby is generalising. Everybody enjoys that

SC

We sure do. It give us ammunition to keep a topic going that otherwise might have died a quick death. I've done the same thing with a silly answer just to bring a topic back to the top of the page. Once it reaches page 2 it's on the way out.

Fishing, hiking, photography, painting, writing and sex. I think I've already posted enough pictures of each.

Yes, but my question is; after all that sex, do you still have the energy for all that fishing, hiking, photography, painting and writing?

The answer is Yes. A wise man once said that every day fishing is not considered part of your alloted days on earth. Funny as that may seem I believe there is some truth to the saying. I've been fishing so much I got a free pass from God and I'll cash in my chips when I finally get too bored with life.

Here are two pictures of me taken 12 years apart. I'm now 71. You decide. I don't know where the past 20 years went but it's still a great ride.

2_Ians.jpg

Having met you, I believe you are 71 as you stated. The pictures taken 12 years apart just bring to question your age in the older photo. Hope you do not tell us you were 30. Just kidding of course, as noted every day is a good fishing day.

Try to improve my restaurants business, find new ideas and food; trekking and discovery of new, secret places in my island; macro-photography and animal identification; computer post-production of the above pics (a bit boring); traveling in Thailand (not as much as I would do)

"Sleep, eat and go to shopping"

I think I've been here too long. That's the usual answer I get from Thais when I ask them what their hobbies are.

I like photography, trying new cooking and baking recipes and swimming. I also spend a lot of time reading Thai Visa.

My wife and I are working on a business concept here. That takes up all our time and could be considered a hobby until it begins to generate revenue.

I imagine that it will be my hobby for a very long time as it will require most of my waking hours.

I would like to learn how to use my dslr camera if I can make the time.

Fishing, hiking, photography, painting, writing and sex. I think I've already posted enough pictures of each.

Yes, but my question is; after all that sex, do you still have the energy for all that fishing, hiking, photography, painting and writing?

The answer is Yes. A wise man once said that every day fishing is not considered part of your alloted days on earth. Funny as that may seem I believe there is some truth to the saying. I've been fishing so much I got a free pass from God and I'll cash in my chips when I finally get too bored with life.

Here are two pictures of me taken 12 years apart. I'm now 71. You decide. I don't know where the past 20 years went but it's still a great ride.

2_Ians.jpg

Must say you look good for your age....you must have had a small paper round when you was a youngster ??

Cycling around outer Sukhumvit, taking the odd photo while on my rides(odd pictures are so much more interesting than normal ones), reading (but not at the same time), fishing (although not done any for a long time), playing with the hound at home, planning for the move to my new house, watching the US version of Shameless on True -they haven't run the UK version (is the original any good?).

Monday thru Friday work, work and more work, (except now of course).

Cycling around outer Sukhumvit, taking the odd photo while on my rides(odd pictures are so much more interesting than normal ones), reading (but not at the same time), fishing (although not done any for a long time), playing with the hound at home, planning for the move to my new house, watching the US version of Shameless on True -they haven't run the UK version (is the original any good?).

Monday thru Friday work, work and more work, (except now of course).

If you take some time to explore there are some lovely places to visit and fish in Thailand. Many people don't realize that Thailand has some lovely, clear rivers along the Burma border.

Ian_with_Mahseer.jpg

and some interesting looking fish that will take artificial flies...

Jon_playing_big_catfish_5.jpg