Where Can I Get My Bodyfat % Measured Here In Cm?

alexpoker

Depends on how accurate you want to go. If you're happy with using calipers, then I'm sure any gym will be ok.

I went to Chiang Mai Ram a few weeks ago to get a DEXA scan. Was 2900 baht and gave me a very accurate reading. I'm hoping to return in a few months time to see how much of a difference there is.

ok def dont need to dish out that much. I guess Ill go to the local gym and ask :P

California Wow at Airport Plaza have a machine they use for this. Step on with both feet thing and

get both your weight and other details. No idea about the accuracy of this, but

I think everybody who is interested in joining is introduced to the machine, so

suspect if you show up and say your're thinking about joining, they will have you

step onto the scale so they can "asses" you. Will probably have to suffer an extended sales pitch

too, though.

I've found the best measure of general fitness to be a cardiac stress test -- something that most hospitals could do. It's a better measure of your fitness that a simple body mass index. In case you've never had one, a cardiac stress test is basically a treadmill workout with lots of wires attached to you. They ramp up the speed and slope every three minutes until you either call it off or your heart rate reaches a maximum level (as determined by your age).

The cardiac stress tests in Thailand are way better than in the U.S., although they use the "same protocol". Here there are more pretty nurses cheering you on and firmly holding an armchair behind the treadmill in case you stumble and get thrown off. That helps your confidence a lot. Here, also, (at least at Bumrungrad in Bangkok) the doctor shows up for the last five minutes or so of the test and cheers you on in really good English.

It's a good indicator to have this test down every year or two.

Actually the mirror works best ;)

If you want to know what zero fat looks like pinch & pull up the skin on the back of your hand.

That is zero

Now do the same at your waist, back of your bicep, top of your thigh

Note the space between your fingers. That is fat & that is basically what calipers measure.

You can do that pinch anywhere on your body but those are the main areas to check for reference.

You can easily take these pinch measurements. You will easily see the difference once

you start working out. Both in the amount between your pinch & the mirror.

Unless your an elite level athlete you do not need to pay for measurements.

Even then it was more to measure & to be careful of not getting too lean & losing muscle.

Edited by flying