Dara Vietnam Food

Ulysses G.

Dara Vietnam Food opened recently and I thought that the Vietnamese food was pretty good with Thai prices and mostly a Thai clientele.

From Thapae Road near Thapae Gate you go North on the Soi beside Boots Drug Store (soi Chang Moi Kao), cross Chang Moi Road and bear right toward the Las Vegas Club. Dara Vietnam Food is on the left side of the street just before you get to Spanky's old location.

I wonder why so many Vietnamese restaurants are opening in C.M.? Coming back tonight from Saraphee to Sansai we counted about 7 of them, 4 alone are right in or near Meechok Plaza. I hadn't noticed a Vietnamese community around here. The Vietnamese restaurants I've been to are all Thai-owned with mostly Thai customers.

I am guessing that because Vietnamese restauarants use fish sauce, the Thais enjoy them. They always seem to have lots of Thai customers when I visit one.

I think you are right. A lot of the Vietnamese and particularly the Korean restaurants are very trendy with Thais now. I am surprised at the amount of young Thai student-types I see eating in fairly expensive Korean restaurants and spending a lot of money in them.

I would kill for a good bowl of Boon Cha , had it in Hanoi and it was soo good . fresh spring rolls also yum :licklips:

And I'm still looking for a bowl of beef noodle soup (pho/feu) with lean & tender slices of beef.

The Vietnamese shop in Mi Chok Plaza is not bad, but so far to go from Hang Dong. Any other places to recommend?

I have had Vietnamese food a few times in Bangkok, one on Lan Suan and one on Ladprao, and a few times in other countries.

I thought Vietnamese food is popular here due to the many crisp and fresh vegetables eaten raw similar to the Thai style. The Vietnamese spring rolls are also famous, I guess. Personally, being not much of a veggie man, I like the egg rolls in the US better. Overall, I think Vietnamese food is healthy and you don't walk away after a meal feeling stuff.

I am guessing that because Vietnamese restauarants use fish sauce, the Thais enjoy them. They always seem to have lots of Thai customers when I visit one.

Plus Vietnamese is a hell of a lot nicer than Thai food too. Pho Rocks.

mekong bob

re ... I'm still looking for a bowl of beef noodle soup (pho/feu) with lean & tender slices of beef.

the shop with the blue awning just before chrome boy and riders corner say they use best beef

( its in english above the door ) and its always busy ... try there

dave2

post-42592-0-00599100-1318426423_thumb.j

post-42592-0-26037700-1318426461_thumb.j