Extending A Visa Class 30 Stamp Received At Suvaribhumi

I worked in Thailand last year and my girlfriend and I lived together at that time. We were married in Canada this year when she visited me on a visitors visa. We returned to Thailand September 24 to apply for permanent residence in Canada for her at the Canadian embassy in Bangkok. I received a 30 day stamp at the airport when I arrived.

My wife is visiting her family while I stayed in the Bangkok area to visit my friends. Now she is having trouble getting back here due to the severe flooding in their area. My permission to stay in Thailand expires October 23. What can I do to get at least a 30 day extension to stay in Thailand?

Without the wife there is not much you can do but leave and either obtain a visa or visa exempt entry (again). If your wife can get back to where you are a 60 day extension of stay would be available. You could visit Immigration and explain the situation if you can contact wife on phone and perhaps they would allow (take the marriage proof) but can not guarantee it. You really should have obtained a non immigrant O visa before you came here which allows a 90 day stay.

Without the wife there is not much you can do but leave and either obtain a visa or visa exempt entry (again). If your wife can get back to where you are a 60 day extension of stay would be available. You could visit Immigration and explain the situation if you can contact wife on phone and perhaps they would allow (take the marriage proof) but can not guarantee it. You really should have obtained a non immigrant O visa before you came here which allows a 90 day stay.

Thanks, that is most helpful.