Price Of Flights Are Getting Cheaper !

Boater

the price of flights to Thailand are looking really cheap for the high season this year ( apart from BKK Air to Samui )

An Example

London - KL - Phuket - 88 Pound Each way plus taxes, comes to around 376 pounds all in Return ----- Cheapest Deal i Have ever seen

London - BKK , tickets are around 400 - 500 pounds economy on most airlines

London - BKK , Tickets on Buisness class are starting at around 1,200 Pounds All in Return, best deal was with Eithad air for 1400 Return Including a 100 mile Free ride to the airport in london and a 60 km free ride in Bangkok

London - BKK , Tickets on First are starting at around 3,000 Pounds Return

Agreed, i flew in August with Etihad BKK to LON via Abu Dabi 28000bt return.

My mate is also flying with them in Nov LON to BKK £478 return.

Cheapest i've seen for a few years.

spoke to few mates last year and all the flights where around 700 pounds, compared to 400-500 Pounds

Biggest shocker was AirAsia with there 50 pound one way / 100 pound return to KL from london, ...

dam_n I should have checked air Asia. I went with emirates in the end - £830 but I booked this back in June. (for December) At the time I did see some for around £550 with Gulf Air and Air India but I had read some horror stories about lost luggage so I didn't want to chance it. It's my first time so I want things to go smoothly. I just hope it doesn't snow.

dam_n I should have checked air Asia. I went with emirates in the end - £830 but I booked this back in June. (for December) At the time I did see some for around £550 with Gulf Air and Air India but I had read some horror stories about lost luggage so I didn't want to chance it. It's my first time so I want things to go smoothly. I just hope it doesn't snow.

airasia doesnt seem to use the flight search engines, can only book direct with them online ... but 830 pounds is pretty steep !, who did you book with ? and extra 370 pounds you could of had buisness class ;)

I flew in May with Royal Jordanian £404 return to BKK.

BKK-Samui for 4500 Baht return.

Not bad. wink.gif

who with ? , the CHEAPEST i could finf was 3160 THB one way, average price was 3900 THB one way on the BKK - samui route

Not bad. wink.gif

who with ? , the CHEAPEST i could finf was 3160 THB one way, average price was 3900 THB one way on the BKK - samui route

The promotion back in May Boater....although it was commented on by my Thai friend as being "not easy" to book.

I doubt you will be too surprised to hear this....but her persistence paid off in the end! biggrin.gif

Don't expect that at Xmas though....

economy or buisness smokie ? , they also get alot cheaper in Jan, but dec still cheap

Biz preferably but I'd consider economy if the biz is more than £1600.

you can fly Qatar Business over xmas for 1476 Pounds Return all in , just done a random search on a date, so more serches might reveal cheaper rates

i will pm you the link

cheers

economy or buisness smokie ? , they also get alot cheaper in Jan, but dec still cheap

you can fly Qatar Business over xmas for 1476 Pounds Return all in , just done a random search on a date, so more serches might reveal cheaper rates

i will pm you the link

cheers

PM me the dates please Boater. wink.gif

i will pm you the link

cheers

was flying mid dec, return mid jan

i will pm you the link

cheers

PM sent by Boater International Travels LTD ... Registered with the TAT ....

i will pm you the link

cheers

was flying mid dec, return mid jan

Still waiting for those specific dates Boater.....and trying to send me on a dry plane.....are you havin' a laff? biggrin.gif

Not bad. wink.gif

Geez Boater, I'd think you would just be traveling by dory like I do... Just bring enough water and eat what you catch along the way. Think of the money you would save. :)

Ian_at_Black_Lake_2_Em.jpg

airasia doesnt seem to use the flight search engines, can only book direct with them online ... but 830 pounds is pretty steep !, who did you book with ? and extra 370 pounds you could of had buisness class ;)

Emirates mate

Not bad. wink.gif

Geez Boater, I'd think you would just be traveling by dory like I do... Just bring enough water and eat what you catch along the way. Think of the money you would save. :)

Ian_at_Black_Lake_2_Em.jpg

put a keg off beer and a couple four bar girls on there and it could be interesting !

Indeed they are,

the ironic part is that for those Travel Agents,that quote the price and show the Taxes,which have now become more than the actual Fare cost.

London - KL - Phuket - 88 Pound Each way plus taxes, comes to around 376 pounds all in Return ----- Cheapest Deal i Have ever seen

London - BKK , tickets are around 400 - 500 pounds economy on most airlines

Unless you say which airline and which booking agent/search site, and which dates/duration you looked at, these figures are pretty meaningless.

I see nothing at all under GBP500, very little under GBP550 and most above GBP600, but I'm looking for 1-year returns. So I would say prices are slightly higher than they were last year.

spoke to few mates last year and all the flights where around 700 pounds, compared to 400-500 Pounds

Biggest shocker was AirAsia with there 50 pound one way / 100 pound return to KL from london, ...

50 quid one way.....plus taxes, plus fuel surcharge, plus baggage fee, plus entertainment fee, plus paying for food, plus paying for drinks( bottle water 2 quid) plus getting from KL to BKK......in fact it costs more, takes longer and is a lot of hassle......also where in the UK do they fly from, is it still Stanstead as that in itselfe is more expense and hassle for most....

Same with Swiss airline... specials all over the world... ZRH to BKK direct flight for less than 1'000 Swiss... however you must book early enough, as with every airline, the number of "cheap" tickets are limited to approx. 15% of the seats and then price will go up... same is true for the holiday season where they know that flights will anyway be full and don't need to offer cheap flights...

good thread, please keep the prices coming in, also i use sky scanner.com whats cheapest you guys are getting for march ? uk to bkk ? why are prices going dow ?

I just checked skyscanner.net....typed in the dates I want and a fare of $900 appeared with AirAsia....around £550-600 which is good for xmas.

When I hit the book button however it took me to a confirmation page for a flight costing $1500....and now that fare has disappeared completely!