Chuwit Warns Shortages Could Lead To Looting: Flood Crisis

webfact

Nisa #28

I did 2 terms teaching at local high schools voluntary , and later received 2 certificates for my work and the sacrifices I made to help, This was from top Education in My Udon=Jangwat. So I could be deported for giving service---Education verses Immigration.:jap:

If IMSOBAD had his way, you would first be blamed for the floods and then deported. Technically-speaking, of course.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to our local supermarket yesterday afternoon and normally there is a few people shopping ,more on a Sunday. I was shocked it was full and the majority of the shelves were empty and you could see greedy people buying food they do not necessarily need .

If this continues there will be shortages for sure.

Someone makes good and fast profit on outdated and less-demamded products for a higher prices.

And the rest of population still too uneducated to understand this "forced demand".

:whistling:

Nisa #28

I did 2 terms teaching at local high schools voluntary , and later received 2 certificates for my work and the sacrifices I made to help, This was from top Education in My Udon=Jangwat. So I could be deported for giving service---Education verses Immigration.:jap:

Good (and lucky) for you because your situation "could have" been different if it was "perceived" you were filling a position which would have been a paying position to somebody else or you were somehow being compensated. These kinds of perceptions or realities are the reasons countries include volunteer work as requiring a proper visa/permit as well as many volunteer organizations do take in money. With all the exaggerated stories of Farang mistreatment in Thailand, I cannot recall a deportation or arrest over a farang, on an occasional basis and as an individual, helping out Thais or Thailand without a work permit. In fact, I believe you need a letter from a recognized organization (just like a real work permit), to show you as a volunteer, to even get a permit. So, if expats don't want to help their fellow people in a crisis, they should just say so and not make excuses.

Again, nobody is getting deported or hassled for doing volunteer work such as filling sandbags in an emergency.

Nisa #28

Good (and lucky) for you because your situation "could have" been different if it was "perceived" you were filling a position which would have been a paying position to somebody else or you were somehow being compensated. These kinds of perceptions or realities are the reasons countries include volunteer work as requiring a proper visa/permit as well as many volunteer organizations do take in money. With all the exaggerated stories of Farang mistreatment in Thailand, I cannot recall a deportation or arrest over a farang, on an occasional basis and as an individual, helping out Thais or Thailand without a work permit. In fact, I believe you need a letter from a recognized organization (just like a real work permit), to show you as a volunteer, to even get a permit. So, if expats don't want to help their fellow people in a crisis, they should just say so and not make excuses.

Again, nobody is getting deported or hassled for doing volunteer work such as filling sandbags in an emergency.

I fully understood the Thai situ before agreeing to help, Their situ in the area had no one to fill or were capable , the experience was brill, and the kids loved it too. BUT as I said Chief Education .v Immigration.............As you say there are BENDABLE situations when it suits. As for emergency work....It's all hands on deck-and in this emergency no one even immigration are not going to stop anyone helping. ANYONE hear of any person being deported for saving lives when the Tsunami struck. The intent to deceive for personal gain, is really what Immigration are more interested in--BUT I wouldn't bank on it 100%:whistling:

The Thais missed a golden opportunity in July. Imagine what Chuvit could achieve with a government behind him.

A little bit off-thread but I was in my local BKK Big C this afternoon (rarely see any farangs shopping there) and the shelves were fully stocked in all sections. Have not noticed shortages at any 7/11 either.

My Thai friends think this stockpiling is just another notch on the yardstick of farang craziness.

During the tsunami farang were arrested by Thai police for WORKING WITHOUT A PERMIT ...while offering HELP!

Argue better when you have FACTS!

I tried to help an old lady in the street who was a victim of a hit and run and was attacked by Thais and blamed.

Luckily a taxi driver intervened with the truth.

Many Embassy workers who voluntered will verify about the tsunami volunteers being told to Stop Interfering!!!

Edited by IAMSOBAD

Nisa #28

I fully understood the Thai situ before agreeing to help, Their situ in the area had no one to fill or were capable , the experience was brill, and the kids loved it too. BUT as I said Chief Education .v Immigration.............As you say there are BENDABLE situations when it suits. As for emergency work....It's all hands on deck-and in this emergency no one even immigration are not going to stop anyone helping. ANYONE hear of any person being deported for saving lives when the Tsunami struck. The intent to deceive for personal gain, is really what Immigration are more interested in--BUT I wouldn't bank on it 100%:whistling:

Agreed

During the tsunami farang were arrested by Thai police for WORKING WITHOUT A PERMIT ...while offering HELP!

I tried to help an old lady in the street who was a victim of a hit and run and was attacked by Thais and blamed.

Many Embassy workers who voluntered will verify about the tsunami volunteers being told to Stop Interfering!!!

Somehow I doubt you have 1 news account or link to back up any of this.

Your name seems to fit, I was being reasonable, and really did believe that no one would be so stupid to arrest a tsunami helper, so as I did say There was not 100% guarantees. No need to be angry, re FACTS, were on forum to discuss, it's not a court, so you needn't try to be a prosecutor. Further to another reply asking a poster if they can read, calm down mate, and I am not arguing as you suggest. suggest you change your name to imsogood B)

Nisa #28

No!

But wasn' the Foreign Aid workers asked to leave Thailand,because they didnt have work permits,

and wasn't that after they spent six months cleaning up the devastation of the Tsunami ,down South?

As I recall PM Thaksin stated at the time "Thailand dosn't need Foreign Aid"

Edited by metisdead
Do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes.

Thaivisa link from tsunami....

http://www.thaivisa....t-work-permits/

So was anyone deported ?

His link simply says they may begin to enforce the Visa regulations as early as March (Tsunami was in December) while the official also stated ...

"We did not enforce this law too rigidly [in the immediate aftermath of the tsunami], because we knew that everyone wanted to help out.

"But now that the situation is returning to normal, we will have to start taking it more seriously," he said, adding that a crackdown could begin as early as next month.

The fact is that they were letting relief workers into the country to work for their agencies, directly after the Tsunami, without any visa.

Edited by Nisa

Ginjag...You said...ANYONE with ALL CAPS!

i was not replying to YOU mate.

Nisa rudely said that I could not provide ONE LINK or News Story proving Thai law.

So I did.

My name is Iam not Imso. Mate!

Actually I doubted your ability to provide a link to anyone arrested for helping during the tsunami, which you have not done.

Somehow I doubt you have 1 news account or link to back up any of this.

Nisa #28

No!

But wasn' the Foreign Aid workers asked to leave Thailand,because they didnt have work permits,

and wasn't that after they spent six months cleaning up the devastation of the Tsunami ,down South?

As I recall PM Thaksin stated at the time "Thailand dosn't need Foreign Aid"

I am no Thaksin fan but his handling of the Tsunami is almost surely what got him reelected and quieted the discontent about him in the public prior to the Tsunami. I also don't believe he refused any aid unless it was tied to a loan and simply stated at the onset that Thailand could take care of itself (financially) and asked countries to give more to those countries in more need. Although there could be more about aid I am not aware of, I believe you are talking about this statement below from about two or three weeks after the Tsunami ...

Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra said his nation does not need financial assistance -- but called on the international community to provide more aid to other countries hit by the tsunami.In his first sit-down interview with any international television organization since the tsunami hit, Thaksin said "others need more help than us," adding that Thailand could look after itself.

And again, I have heard of no aid workers being asked to leave, refused entry or being hassled about proper visas in the weeks and month directly after the Tsunami. In fact, if you read the reports from many of the aid groups, there was no hassle from the government about volunteer visas during this time and to make the process easier/faster they simply worked using the 30-day on arrival visa exempt status and doing border runs.

Red Shirts & Pheu Thai have lots of experience in regards to looting.

Central World, Center One,Big C, Gaysorn just to name a few :ph34r:

I don't think we want to go there again.

Edited by LindsayBKK

After the earthquake in Japan, there was panic buying also with items selling out. Many stores instituted rationing of water, rice and other goods to keep the hoarders at bay. Goods that were to be rationed had a noticed placed by them saying things like one bottle (2L) per person or 5kg of rice etc.

Japanese society has a great deal of "honor", besides organization, efficiency, and competency.

Anybody who considers that a foreigner, aiding a community by filling sandbags, distributing food to the needy or the multitude of other things required in this catastrophe, will be arrested or deported for working without a work permit must be high on crack.

The Thais missed a golden opportunity in July. Imagine what Chuvit could achieve with a government behind him.

A little bit off-thread but I was in my local BKK Big C this afternoon (rarely see any farangs shopping there) and the shelves were fully stocked in all sections. Have not noticed shortages at any 7/11 either.

My Thai friends think this stockpiling is just another notch on the yardstick of farang craziness.

Is that because tying up huge amounts of capital, say 2000 to an astronomical 3000 baht, as an emergency investment is over-the-top? They should visit Farangland to get a perspective on see some REAL 'farang craziness'.

You also might ask them how many of their friends in the provinces are waist-deep in water these days and without (their own) emergency food.

Read thaivisa thread from tsunami 2004-2005

OR GOOGLE THIS...volunteers tsunami 2004 no work permit!

Read and learn before you argue!

Tip: If you're trying to make your case, why don't you supply the links to pertinent articles rather than have us doing Google research for you?

There's an 'Insert Link' button on the edit menu for that purpose and it works very well.

Edited by MaxYakov

FARANG FLOOD SALE

80 baht rubber boots for sale at your local Bangkok shop.

Special price for farang.

Buy one boot for 1765 baht get the other boot half price.

That is how they thank us for helping!

I'll take two pairs! One for me and one for PM Yingluck. But she has to be wearing one of the pairs ... :jap:

Edited by MaxYakov

Anybody who considers that a foreigner, aiding a community by filling sandbags, distributing food to the needy or the multitude of other things required in this catastrophe, will be arrested or deported for working without a work permit must be high on crack.

With the history of translation, enforcement, interpretation of laws/guidelines, as well as new law proposed/passed, many may support your assumption that someone is on crack.

Is the 'must be high on crack' a possibility or a requirement?

Edited by MaxYakov