Airport Plaza

Dellboy218

I agree with realthaideal about the motorbike parking at Airport Plaza. I won't even take my big bike in there unless it is during off hours. I just ride to the far part of the parking lot and park my bike there. To hell with the fact it's supposedly for cars. My dollar (baht) is as good as the guy driving the car or truck.

Right on! I, too, avoid that cycle parking mess as much as possible. I'll walk an extra 50 meters or so just to park away from the entanglement designated as the motorcycle parking area. And, yes, I also believe that my baht is just as good as that of the guy who arrives in a car or pickup.

Why don't you guys organize a protest march with signs and all, then spend Saturday and Sunday marching through the offensive parking lot?

Did you see us all yesterday Marching up and down with our placards decrying the state of the car park? No? Splendid day out for all concerned, tea and biccy's afterwards. Much more fun that just complaining to management. Same again next weeks chaps?

Why don't you guys organize a protest march with signs and all, then spend Saturday and Sunday marching through the offensive parking lot?

Did you see us all yesterday Marching up and down with our placards decrying the state of the car park? No? Splendid day out for all concerned, tea and biccy's afterwards. Much more fun that just complaining to management. Same again next weeks chaps?

You were probably all marching through one of the 500 meter deep pot holes when I got there so I never saw you.

You were probably all marching through one of the 500 meter deep pot holes when I got there so I never saw you.

Now you are exagerating arn't you, ten foot at most.

I agree with realthaideal about the motorbike parking at Airport Plaza. I won't even take my big bike in there unless it is during off hours. I just ride to the far part of the parking lot and park my bike there. To hell with the fact it's supposedly for cars. My dollar (baht) is as good as the guy driving the car or truck.

I cann't get my bike around there either, darned awkward even when it is empty(ish) I park tight in by their defunct electric gokart, at least it has some protection from being hit and some security.

The only reason I am reading this thread is... it never ceases to amaze me what people can get upset about.

The outdoors parking lot at Central Airport.

What's next?

The crowd inside the plaza... :lol:

..and how slow they walk and block your way........whistling.gif

Again as usual..nothing positive from your posts...You must sit there...looking for sarcastic/sardonic "one liners" ...Nothing good or positive to add...then don't add to controversy!!!

I almost wrecked my expensive new porsche on these potholes, but then reversed against the traffic to seek an alternative way out.

The Op has a point. Millions of baht are spent in airport plaza every week, but the management (what management?) cannot/will not repair a facility that they supposedly offer to house their customers to complete their shopping.

Edited by Raindancer

The only reason I am reading this thread is... it never ceases to amaze me what people can get upset about.

The outdoors parking lot at Central Airport.

What's next?

The crowd inside the plaza... :lol:

..and how slow they walk and block your way........whistling.gif

Again as usual..nothing positive from your posts...You must sit there...looking for sarcastic/sardonic "one liners" ...Nothing good or positive to add...then don't add to controversy!!!

I almost wrecked my expensive new porsche on these potholes, but then reversed against the traffic to seek an alternative way out.

The Op has a point. Millions of baht are spent in airport plaza every week, but the management (what management?) cannot/will not repair a facility that they supposedly offer to house their customers to complete their shopping.

Hey Rainprancer.... Sorry you feel that way. But can't you see a little humor once in awhile with the truth... Thais do walk slow, they block the main walkway and most of the time are not aware of their surroundings while yapping or texting on the mobile..... Sort of like their driving habits....

....I guess you don't read all my posts...too bad for you...you're missing out.

BTW, maybe you should leave that fancy Porsche at home if you don't know how to operate it..... whistling.gif........ Next thing you know you'll be complaining that Rimping, the Airport, or perhaps Thai Immigration doesn't have covered parking for that EXPENSIVE POS.

So here's the pics I referred to that I took. All 3 are the same pot hole over like a 3 month period. (Note the file name represents the dates taken.)

Typical Thai repair job....whistling.gif

I sure hope that electrical wire doesn't go to anything too important.....blink.gif

<Sorry, my phone cam is not all that glorious>

post-46350-0-59140400-1318727914_thumb.j

post-46350-0-48508900-1318727980_thumb.j

post-46350-0-01073900-1318728014_thumb.j

So here's the pics I referred to that I took. All 3 are the same pot hole over like a 3 month period. (Note the file name represents the dates taken.)

Typical Thai repair job....whistling.gif I sure hope that electrical wire doesn't go to anything too important.....blink.gif

I am speechless. You've seriously been photographing pot holes in a car park over a 3 month period. Have you been planning this thread for three months?

Typical Thai repair job....whistling.gif I sure hope that electrical wire doesn't go to anything too important.....blink.gif

I am speechless. You've seriously been photographing pot holes in a car park over a 3 month period. Have you been planning this thread for three months?

If you read one of my posts above I state that I park in the exact same spot every time I go there for a couple of reasons. So this means my path to the entrance is essentially the same. I only photographed one pot hole, you make it sound like I photograph all of them. The only reason I photographed this one 3 months ago is it caught my attention with how deep it was and at the bottom buried in the asphalt was this electrical wire. Of course I happened upon it each trip to the mall where I made note by whipping out my mobile, taking about 15 seconds or so, and snapping a pic.... Are you disappointed I didn't drag along my SLR, refection umbrella, and tripod? blink.gif

FYI, I generally only make a trip to the mall once a month to pay my TOT... I know I can pay it elsewhere but that gives me an excuse to shop around a bit there....and of course take pics of pot holes for the easily amused and curious. biggrin.gif