Airport Plaza

Dellboy218

As someone has started one Airport Plaza thread...........

I presume Central do not care too much for their customers as their car park just gets worse and worse. A handful of gravel gets thrown in the holes from time to time that lasts a few minutes but I would imagine anyone driving a low slung vehicle must be fearing for its safety trying to exit. Considering they have owned this building.....for what?..........15 years? After taking over from Trantraphan they really have not done too much to the outside car park except make it bigger. It would have been nice to see some trees or cover for customers cars after all this time let alone somewhere safe for customers to walk to the building without playing chicken. I gave up on the multi storey years ago as it became like a dodgems, you never knew which direction the next idiot was coming from!

I suppose that once they get round to planting the tree's you'll be complaining about tree sap and bird crap on your car then.

Some people just like to complain. I took the following line out of his article.

"I gave up on the multi storey years ago as it became like a dodgems, you never knew which direction the next idiot was coming from! "

He should have posted this years ago when he gave up on them.:jap:

Well, mine was a general observation of a car park which is likely to do damage to peoples property due to it being ill kept. But you are right, some people just like to complain or just add what they percieve to be smart comments with nothing constructive to say at all.

Edited by Dellboy218

No, Dellboy's got a point. I mean look, Tesco n Big C manage to cover their outdoor parking. What ? Airport Plaza doesn't make any money so they can't afford it ?

And then how about their motosai parking farce ?! You have to get routed around the whole fricking place, mixed in with cars, to finally get to one of 2 teeeny-tiny little overpacked jokes of a parking area ! You squeeze in thru the little gate and then can barely park or get out of that unmaneuverable place - 4 inches leeway between spaces and maybe .5 meter between rows. Genius ! What, Airport Plaza parking doesn't have enough space to expand the area ? Motosai riders are the minority of customers so they don't really deserve much attention ? Au contraire ! Ugh ! All that space and then you have to cattle-car your way in there. Totally bass-ackwards.

And yes, I'm totally thriving on posting this rant !

Edited by realthaideal

No, Dellboy's got a point. I mean look, Tesco n Big C manage to cover their outdoor parking. What ? Airport Plaza doesn't make any money so they can't afford it ?

And then how about their motosai parking farce ?! You have to get routed around the whole fricking place, mixed in with cars, to finally get to one of 2 teeeny-tiny little overpacked jokes of a parking area ! You squeeze in thru the little gate and then can barely park or get out of that unmaneuverable place - 4 inches leeway between spaces and maybe .5 meter between rows. Genius ! What, Airport Plaza parking doesn't have enough space to expand the area ? Motosai riders are the minority of customers so they don't really deserve much attention ? Au contraire ! Ugh ! All that space and then you have to cattle-car your way in there. Totally bass-ackwards.

Hardly a Rant RTD, a valid observation. When it was Tantraphan they did have some covered outdoor parking, admittedly no multi storey but the place was a lot smaller then. I seem to remember that when they were expanding and the flyover was nothing but a proposal, the plans included a feeder from the flyover straight into Airport Plaza. A pity that was knocked on the head as it would have helped ease some of the daily jams outside.

Edited by Dellboy218

Why don't you guys organize a protest march with signs and all, then spend Saturday and Sunday marching through the offensive parking lot?

Thankyou for your illuminating and constructive response. As always, your comments add so much. If you had read earlier, it was but an observation and now you and tother fella are getting all hot under the collar or simply trying to outdo each others post count. At least try to be a little bit constructive. Tell me I am wrong and that I dream foot deep pot holes in their car park which will damage customers vehicles, I wont mind but at least try and read the thread properly beforehand. Thank you

DB

Nikster, you've been here awhile. You can negate my points, but I don't buy that you always go around with a sunny disposition about how everything works here. If you do, you're missing a good part of the real expat experience. You should try, it's fun ! We all love it here, but.... you know.....

So really, come on, doesn't a retarded parking experience ever irk you ? Something so super super easy to fix.... and then never...

I haven't even mentioned yet - and this is only 50% the thread to do it in - the giant hunk of cement cr@p that is the KSK parking structure. It seems to me it would literally take a team of engineers years of planning to produce a more confined, poorly executed labyrinth. It's almost praiseworthy in a weird sort of way.

Oh well....maybe it's 'cause my rose-colored glasses don't fit under my helmet ?

Just a personal observation, but I haven't noticed any "foot deep" holes (or anything close) in the parking area, unless you choose to drive around the side where the plants are. Anything else is easily observed and avoided. Also, sometimes road/parking lot repairs are best not done until rainy season is over. I'm still trying to figure out the comedy of replacing the paper parking notes you were given with plastic ones, versus anything at all. Or maybe it is just another effort towards full employment.

Edited by Lobo4819

re .... one of 2 teeeny-tiny little overpacked jokes of a parking area ! You squeeze in thru the little gate and then can barely park or get out of that unmaneuverable place - 4 inches leeway between spaces and maybe .5 meter between rows.

hes right : (

dave2

post-42592-0-82864400-1318510116_thumb.j

The Rim Ping parking lots seem to be pretty nice.

While I don't use a car or motorcycle now I can appreciate the OPs whine. Back in the U.S. I did most of my grocery shopping at a Tops-type place, i.e. ubiquitous all over the region. Their parking lots were so nasty it was almost impossible to navigate a shopping cart to my car without something bouncing out of the cart.

Once a month, I made a trip to a regional up-scale grocery store some distance from my home to buy items I couldn't find at the Tops type place. That upscale place reminds me of Rim Ping, Nawarat, down to the blast of aircon and the classical music. Their parking lot was well-paved and their carts in good repair. I looked forward to those monthly trips to the other side of town!

As a retired small business owner, I firmly believe you can tell much about a business's attitude toward its customers in the way it structures and maintains the parking lots. Also their customer toilet facilities, but that's a topic for another thread!

I don't think the owners have done enough in some ways to make life pleasant for customers but overall I would say this is just another one of the pitfalls of Thailand. If you come to live here you have to accept that customer satisfaction is not exactly at the top of their list. I always park inside even though I know the dangers and at least it saves playing chicken and keeps the car out of the sun. My complaint is that they don't open the damned doors early enough in the morning.

Edited by trainman34014

I don't think the owners have done enough in some ways to make life pleasant for customers but overall I would say this is just another one of the pitfalls of Thailand. If you come to live here you have to accept that customer satisfaction is not exactly at the top of their list. I always park inside even though I know the dangers and at least it saves playing chicken and keeps the car out of the sun. My complaint is that they don't open the damned doors early enough in the morning.

exactly

This is Thailand and things like this are a part of it. Personally I hope they do nothing about it. If I wanted North American standards I would live in North America.

There is suposidly a new Mall to be opening in Chiang Mai with out all the parking problems. It was talked about here a year ago. Not sure what is happening there but from what I read about it if a nice parking lot is your thing your wishwill be granted.

Sad for the OP it is going to be a multi level Mall. How ever no buildings over three stories high.

Why don't you guys organize a protest march with signs and all, then spend Saturday and Sunday marching through the offensive parking lot?

Thankyou for your illuminating and constructive response. As always, your comments add so much. If you had read earlier, it was but an observation and now you and tother fella are getting all hot under the collar or simply trying to outdo each others post count. At least try to be a little bit constructive. Tell me I am wrong and that I dream foot deep pot holes in their car park which will damage customers vehicles, I wont mind but at least try and read the thread properly beforehand. Thank you

DB

Take your concerns to management if you wish to be constructive. Nobody on this forum is going to fix anything at AP.

And yes, I do drive through the parking lot at AP without encountering any foot deep holes and I am sure many others do also. It is really not difficult for most people.

The only reason I am reading this thread is... it never ceases to amaze me what people can get upset about.

The outdoors parking lot at Central Airport.

What's next?

I have to disagree with you - i think the OP has an absolutely valid complaint and as a frequent visitor to airport plaza i also hope it is repaired soon.

DB

Take your concerns to management if you wish to be constructive. Nobody on this forum is going to fix anything at AP.

And yes, I do drive through the parking lot at AP without encountering any foot deep holes and I am sure many others do also. It is really not difficult for most people.

Now thats better, at least we can discuss things now. As for your first line I would imagine that covers many things on this forum, there is no law to say you have to respond though if you do not like something or have nothing to add. As for the other, there are some rough patches around where the Tuk Tuk stops but mostly as I am sure you are aware it is in the exit lane on the far side, as someone has mentioned, where they grow their plants. Doesnt worry me as my vehicle will take it. However, if the car park is full and a visitor in his small city car doesnt know and then follows directions to that lane to exit then they might be in for some trouble. I am sure many do prefer to park in certain spots and use the other exits where they do not encounter these holes but that is not the point is it. They do exist and you may end up being directed that way in the future whether you want to or not. It is not as though they have just appeared either as they have been there for the best part of a year. I imagine with the food festival starting it will be absolutely packed and some will be in for a rude surprise when they try and leave

DB

Now thats better, at least we can discuss things now. As for your first line I would imagine that covers many things on this forum, there is no law to say you have to respond though if you do not like something or have nothing to add. As for the other, there are some rough patches around where the Tuk Tuk stops but mostly as I am sure you are aware it is in the exit lane on the far side, as someone has mentioned, where they grow their plants. Doesnt worry me as my vehicle will take it. However, if the car park is full and a visitor in his small city car doesnt know and then follows directions to that lane to exit then they might be in for some trouble. I am sure many do prefer to park in certain spots and use the other exits where they do not encounter these holes but that is not the point is it. They do exist and you may end up being directed that way in the future whether you want to or not. It is not as though they have just appeared either as they have been there for the best part of a year. I imagine with the food festival starting it will be absolutely packed and some will be in for a rude surprise when they try and leave

Take your concerns to the management if you want to be constructive.

Covered outdoor parking at the mall? Are you guys high or what? Why is this being complained about? I've been to many malls throughout the USA and most don't have any covered parking. Yeah you might moan, 'it's hot here in LOS'....boo hoo, are you parking there all day long?

Yes, I agree there are some huge potholes in the parking lot one has to maneuver around. I actually have a few pics of one in particular I thought was TIT I'll have to dig up and share.

And yes, the parking spots are small but where in LOS aren't they? That as well as a few other things are the reason I have yet to buy that big Hilux truck I'll get later in life when I move to rural Isaan. But to be honest, every time I go to the mall I get there before 11am or I don't go. Most times it's 10am or a little after. I always park in the exact spot as it's always open that early. That spot is right at one of the light poles. This way:

• I can find my car easy and always remember where I parked it.
  • I park my passenger side as close to the pole as possible and being against the pole another car can't come near it and this leaves more than ample room on the driver side thus hopefully avoiding any door whacks.

Motosai riders have no status.. So of course they are pushed to the back edge..

Now if you can afford a car, then of course it should be the shorter walk, your obviously more important.

:rolleyes:

It seems as if several persons would like a little cheese with their whine.

How quaint, did you also learn the 'go back home' line yet?

It's as good a topic as any and the parking surface is unbecoming of a supposed 'high-end' mall in parts, even for Muang Thai. Perhaps they feel they don't need to sort it out as the business is there regardless, or, maybe, that by spending money on it, it wouldn't stem the migration of existing customers to the new mall on the Inner in any case.

When is that new one due to be erected, btw; don't seem to be progressing in a timely manner? :rolleyes:

exactly

This is Thailand and things like this are a part of it. Personally I hope they do nothing about it. If I wanted North American standards I would live in North America.

There is suposidly a new Mall to be opening in Chiang Mai with out all the parking problems. It was talked about here a year ago. Not sure what is happening there but from what I read about it if a nice parking lot is your thing your wishwill be granted.

Sad for the OP it is going to be a multi level Mall. How ever no buildings over three stories high.

Gosh, the indignation level at my temerity of mentioning the state of a car park, what ever next. Thank heavens I didn't mention the fish tank................................

Picked up a new fridge on Thursday from Robis at CAP and found the whole experience quite OK..dont like spending dosh.

Guy delivered it straight onto the back of the P/U in the main outside CP area G21 and as said whole area Fine.

I dont like parking inside these joints since I find the spaces too small and tend to bash into other peoples motors which they dont like.

There is a new mall on the 1317 on the way up with a 7-11 already open and a lot of pre-fab steel ready to to be positionedso maybe thats the one in the news.

:unsure:

The only reason I am reading this thread is... it never ceases to amaze me what people can get upset about.

The outdoors parking lot at Central Airport.

What's next?

This is an important thread because it never fails to amaze me how the directors of the Plaza can think of filling half the car park with a circus, motor show, car racing and so on - events that attract many people thus, in theory, doubling the number of cars in the car park. But hang on! They've just cut half the parking capacity with the event and doubled the number of prospective parkers resulting in:

Utter Chaos (I went in the car park during the time when the circus was there, spent an hour trying to get out again, not having parked because there was absolutely no space.)

Lack of Parking: Shoppers not attending the event cannot park and so drive away again

Lack of parking (2): Event attendees cannot park so miss the event and drive away again having wasted a whole afternoon.

Sheer madness and displays a complete lack of joined-up thinking.

On a normal Saturday, without an event in the car park the whole parking area gets full.

The OP was also correct to complain about the state of the far end (airport end) of the car park. I drove along there yesterday and thought the road had been strafed by the Luftwaffe! The road has all but disappeared.

I agree with realthaideal about the motorbike parking at Airport Plaza. I won't even take my big bike in there unless it is during off hours. I just ride to the far part of the parking lot and park my bike there. To hell with the fact it's supposedly for cars. My dollar (baht) is as good as the guy driving the car or truck.