Thai Baht-> Cambodian Riel

nani

Hello!

We came back from Cambodia one week ago and faced some difficulties with the Cambodian riel here in Bangkok .

We are not able to exchange our Cambodian riels into Thai Baht, because the money exchangers don't accept the currency.

The amount is not big (about 10 000 riels), but it's still money...

If there's a person who is going to Cambodia from Bangkok in the near future and would be willing to exchange some money with us...

It would be fantastic :) We are going to stay here in Bangkok for two more weeks.

Please send me a private message if you're interested!

Thank you!

No one actively seeks out riel. Anyone going to Cambodia will need to purchase USA dollars and then dump the riel before moving on, actually I dont think Thailand or any other country recognizes it as a currency fro exchange.

Edited by zorro1

No one actively seeks out riel. Anyone going to Cambodia will need to purchase USA dollars and then dump the riel before moving on, actually I dont think Thailand or any other country recognizes it as a currency fro exchange.

Exactly. I just got back from a great trip to Cambodia yesterday. The riel serves as nothing more than change for a US dollar. I had just about dumped all of mine before leaving when I bought a couple waters with a US $5 and got a handful of riel in change. bah.gif They'll be keeping my Myanmar kyat company until my next trip.

I'm sorry I meant to write 100 000 riels!

Yup we also got plenty of change...But the good thing is that you can also actually pay with it in Cambodia ;)

You just have to get rid of it before leaving the country...

But no worries, I think we can manage :)

Thank you!

Yup we also got plenty of change...But the good thing is that you can also actually pay with it in Cambodia ;)

Thank you!

Haha, Cambodian riel (as well as Lao kip) are 100% useless and without value outside the borders of their countries of issue!! Plan accordingly next time.

Thank you!

would you donate 10,000 riels to 10 beggars on the street, you could enrich 10 persons' life with your useless money that's worth about 25 dollars

Thank you!

would you donate 10,000 riels to 10 beggars on the street, you could enrich 10 persons' life with your useless money that's worth about 25 dollars

or buy 100 bowls of noodles for the street urchins on Riverside, 100 smiles gotta be good value for $25 :rolleyes:

I manged to exchange Vietnam Dong in Bangkok once. As far as I understand, this currency is also unavailable/ useless outside of Vietnam. And frankly, I got nice exchange rate :). This was on Soi Nana really close to Sukhumvit.

Hope this was helpful.