Pizza

Sheryl

Basilico, 8 Sukhumvit Soi 33, tel. 02 662 2323, got a great review in the Bangkok Post sometime over the past two weeks. I haven't been but I plan to go soon.

Probably the worst place to have a pizza. Probably the worst Italian place with the Pizza Company, if we can even call the latter an Italian restaurant.

Overpriced and food is terrible. Avoid at all cost. It was good for a month when they opened last year, but the Chef is probably Thai now and is cooking Italian food Thai style if you get my drift.

Limoncello on Suk 11.

Agreed - this is the best I've had in BKK, just behind the German Beer House halfway down Soi 11 on the left.

Another vote for Limoncello.

Wood fired pizza oven, Italian pizza chef (on occasion). Good atmosphere, BUSY, not cheap (but not excessive either).

Turn left immediately after the beer garden (coming from Suk) it's at the far end of the sub-soi.

WARNING These are real ITALIAN pizzas, thin crispy base (not US style pan pizza). Just so your niece is not dissapointed.

Edited by Crossy

The best pizza imho is at the Marriot deli, soi 2. 120 baht slice and worth every satang...my fav being the shrimp and jalapeno pizza or the mushroom n spinach.

I really miss creative pizza's from 'back home' like say spicy italian sausage, with olives, feta cheese, pesto, fresh garlic and, and, and.... :o

I can also vouch for the Austrian pizza place on soi 4 mentioned earlier. Just ask the owner and he'll throw whatever you want on a special order. Delish!

Limoncello on Suk 11.

Agreed - this is the best I've had in BKK, just behind the German Beer House halfway down Soi 11 on the left.

Another vote for Limoncello.

Wood fired pizza oven, Italian pizza chef (on occasion). Good atmosphere, BUSY, not cheap (but not excessive either).

Turn left immediately after the beer garden (coming from Suk) it's at the far end of the sub-soi.

WARNING These are real ITALIAN pizzas, thin crispy base (not US style pan pizza). Just so your niece is not dissapointed.

We went to La Piola, she loved it. As authentic Italian as you can get (even waiter was Italian). However, for me I am a native New Yorker and long for a real New York style pizza....any recommendations for that?