Road Conditions Bkk Cnx

seedy

Hi,

Good to know that's a good alternative route open. What's the total KM & driving hours? Was there any bad jams along any part of the route?

I was thinking of taking HW 225 (instead of HW12) to cross between HW 11 and HW21, as it seems shorter on the map. Any info on viability of this route?

For my case, I"m going from CNX to Pattaya, and planning to head east after Saraburi (bypassing BKK) using HW 33-HW319-HW304-HW314 to get on HW7 to Pattaya. But no idea how long it will take though.

Any info appreciated!

p/s: I'm using a small passenger car.

Edited by robert10

We departed Pattaya Tuesday morning - 7 to 9 to 1 destination Lop Buri

Back tracked to pick up 21 then as per my previous post. 10 hours total Lop Buri - CNX in a Toyota Vigo 4-door with my Harley in the back.

Traffic slow once you exit the 9 Ring Road and turn onto 1 heading to Saraburi, but cleared out in a few Km's

Can not see any problems for a car via this route, but things may have changed since my trip.

Can not give you any idea re: your planned route, as I tried to stay on main roads - more due to hoping for good road conditions, minimal potholes etc. I got my wish.

We departed Pattaya Tuesday morning - 7 to 9 to 1 destination Lop Buri

Back tracked to pick up 21 then as per my previous post. 10 hours total Lop Buri - CNX in a Toyota Vigo 4-door with my Harley in the back.

Traffic slow once you exit the 9 Ring Road and turn onto 1 heading to Saraburi, but cleared out in a few Km's

Can not see any problems for a car via this route, but things may have changed since my trip.

Can not give you any idea re: your planned route, as I tried to stay on main roads - more due to hoping for good road conditions, minimal potholes etc. I got my wish.

Hi, how long was the drive from Pattaya to Lop Buri? Also, what's the flood situation in LB.... have they seen the worst?

Am planning to stopover in Lop Buri Inn Resort for 1 night and head on to Pattaya the next morning.

Believe he said no access to Lopburi and had to backtrack to highway 21 to continue North (which is the large fork to the right a bit North of Saraburi on Highway 1).

Guess have to wait for him to clarify why he back-tracked. But 10hrs from LopBuri to CM seems quite long.... from the map it seems doable in 7-8 hrs!?

Had to back track as Hwy 1 and Hwy 32 were closed somewhere along the route. And Hwy 21 starts south of Lop Buri.

You can drive into Lop Buri town, thru all 3 traffic circles, but no further.

Houses beyond this point have 1.5 to 2 meters of water in them, people living on the roadway. Police station has .75 meters of water in the parking lot.

Trip took 10 hours due to mountains and traffic, stop to eat. I tried to average 100 KPH. Usual route via 1 or 32 about 8 hours. My best time CNX Pattaya was 12 hours total, on my HD.

Edited by seedy

Houses beyond this point have 1.5 to 2 meters of water in them, people living on the roadway. Police station has .75 meters of water in the parking lot.

Oh dear! Any idea whether Saraburi is in a better position vis-a-vis floods? Perhaps I should layover there instead, or somewhere else...