Thai PM Moves To Soothe Bangkok Flood Panic

webfact

PM caught crying due to stress from flooding crisis :blink:

554000013880001.JPEG

Maybe she broke a finger nail.

She is explaining to her Farang boyfriend about how her families buffalo died, her grandmother needs an operation, her younger brother can not afford school clothes, and her younger sister is being sent to work at Nana to pay her dead fathers gambling debts.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some posts have been removed as a poster had deleted quoted post headers as he had reached the maximum number of nested quotes allowed leading to misunderstanding of who posted what. When replying to certain parts of a post, learn how to use the Insert quotation feature.

The authorities have said they will dredge and drain canals in the capital to allow more water to flow through.

Shouldn't this have been something that was done a few weeks ago?

Dredging takes months and years, not weeks. Yes it should have been done regularly since time began.Typical Thailand wait for something to happen before taking preventative measures.

The authorities have said they will dredge and drain canals in the capital to allow more water to flow through.

Shouldn't this have been something that was done a few weeks ago?

Dredging takes months and years, not weeks. Yes it should have been done regularly since time began.Typical Thailand wait for something to happen before taking preventative measures.

According to this it will only take 5 days.

Meanwhile, Army commander General Prayuth Chan-ocha said Army engineers were dredging three major canals in Samut Sakhon to speed up drainage of water out to estuaries. He said the dredging should be completed in the next five days and it is expected to convey the water faster.

554000013880001.JPEG

She is explaining to her Farang boyfriend about how her families buffalo died, her grandmother needs an operation, her younger brother can not afford school clothes, and her younger sister is being sent to work at Nana to pay her dead fathers gambling debts.

You forgot to put---Her grandfather died AGAIN.

554000013880001.JPEG

You forgot to put---Her grandfather died AGAIN.

AND... her fingernail has been broken. :(

How many times is that picture going to be posted on this thread, is it really necessary to keep re-posting it?

Be gentle, they can't help it.

They have Thaksinanal compulsive disorder and need help.

It's a rare but boring infliction.

How many times is that picture going to be posted on this thread, is it really necessary to keep re-posting it?

Be gentle, they can't help it.

They have Thaksinanal compulsive disorder and need help.

It's a rare but boring infliction.

I suppose you had your fun after the election ? now it's difficult to lose face ? funny how it all comes back to to the ones who were smirking 2 months ago. Many had their laughs when the last government was in power Didn't you forsee this total farce, You must admit it's far from satisfactory, And do not use the floods as an excuse. The army is there again helping with the mess, and as I said in the other red shirt topic --is there a massive movement from these red villages down to Bkk again, No because they are not being paid to help.

Come on fairs fair ALL help is needed.

Perhaps the ultimate in Karmic retribution

When Abhisit was PM (regardless of how) The REDS burned the city down, inflicted fear accross Bangkok, destroyed a nation dividing it in two and created a turmoil which is ongoing...

Now the moment Yingluck gets elected, the heavens open and the country floods from the heart of isarn down.

Perhaps the gods have decided to reward the Red Leaders and voters with some hells of their own to deal with, leaving Bangkok with heads above water...

Its a cruel world - when people have cruel hearts, thankfully we are not really the ones in charge...

Agreed, harping on that photo, (which from the beginning didn't look like crying to me) serves no purpose beyond the basest forms of partisanship.

Yingluck's cabinet (calling it her cabinet is a bit of a stretch, but I digress) should be judged in their actions and results.

Thus far those are unremarkable enough on their own and piling invective on that one, context-less photo, not only serves to dismiss the attackers as petty and robs time and attention from real issues.

All that photo has revealed is the level of misogynist feeling, political hatred, and in one or two posts racism of some of the posters on this forum.

I suspect even her most ardent Thai opponents will be less than impressed by many of the comments, and as for comparing her to a bargirl asking for money - Thai Visa at its worst!

I expect soon enough people will be along complaining of the xenophobia of the Thais, how they hate falangs etc.

Edited by JAG

All that photo has revealed is the level of misogynist feeling, political hatred, and in one or two posts racism of some of the posters on this forum.

I suspect even her most ardent Thai opponents will be less than impressed by many of the comments, and as for comparing her to a bargirl asking for money - Thai Visa at its worst!

I expect soon enough people will be along complaining of the xenophobia of the Thais, how they hate falangs etc.

+1. The poor tasteless comments does nothing other than to reveal the low level of intelligence and education of the respective posters.

+1. The poor tasteless comments does nothing other than to reveal the low level of intelligence and education of the respective posters.

Birds of a feather you two, in your opinion as with all, but I agree some % of posters either side of the fence are somewhat tasteless.

But please don't hide behind these comments made to save the embarrassment of this corrupt lot, ( and yes I'm aware also there was still corruption during the last government and More the 8 years prior) remember she wanted to save the poor people of Thailand. Now she said 5 words to foreign T.V. --I want to save Bangkok.

Look at the credentials of her elected M.P.s...... look at the top posts given and near all are who they are NOT what they Know of their respective ministerial positions, so when it come to this disaster -the last 10 years should have been vital to get the ever growing water flow system foolproof, and guess who has been in government the longest to do it ??

To try to solve anything now is ridiculous trying to stem further hardship is vital, what has happened cannot be reversed, so instead of defending the P.M. all the time speak the truth and get these red shirt people to go to Bkk as they have done before in their masses and work along side the army this time.

Actually, I liked that photo of Yingluck. It made her seem human. Not just some person who'd never done a lick of work in her life, graduating from America's 3,000th best college, never having been tested, for anything. It gave her a human quality, different than the leech most people see her family/class as being. I think she actually felt something! Whether it was compassion for the millions affected by these floods or self pity for being stuck in a situation she hasn't even the shred of a clue as to how to solve, I can't say. Still it's a great photo.

begin removed ...

Look at the credentials of her elected M.P.s...... look at the top posts given and near all are who they are NOT what they Know of their respective ministerial positions, so when it come to this disaster -the last 10 years should have been vital to get the ever growing water flow system foolproof, and guess who has been in government the longest to do it ??

To try to solve anything now is ridiculous trying to stem further hardship is vital, what has happened cannot be reversed, so instead of defending the P.M. all the time speak the truth and get these red shirt people to go to Bkk as they have done before in their masses and work along side the army this time.

I still vaguely remember our PM saying just after the elections, around the 7th of July:

"Yingluck Shinawatra, Pheu Thai's PM candidate, said it is too soon to discuss the formation of the new Cabinet.

She said the selection will be based on previous accomplishments and qualifications needed for each portfolio."

Birds of a feather you two, in your opinion as with all, but I agree some % of posters either side of the fence are somewhat tasteless.

But please don't hide behind these comments made to save the embarrassment of this corrupt lot, ( and yes I'm aware also there was still corruption during the last government and More the 8 years prior) remember she wanted to save the poor people of Thailand. Now she said 5 words to foreign T.V. --I want to save Bangkok.

You may or may not have noticed but I don't comment on valid and reasonable criticism, regardless of the person or persons involved. However, comments such as she has a splinter, or broke a finger nail - that's just inane - and that's coming from posters who claim to be educated and professional

As a "bird of a feather" (apparentley), I rather agree with the previous post. :D

Well well surprise surprise, I would never have guessed :lol:....

I do tend to agree with you -re broken finger nail.splinter comment, it is not normally good taste, But surely on the performance since taking office-interviews and general knowledge on Thai matters she is not 100% accomplished. and therefore will come under the spotlight more, her lack of leadership, even with the help of her brother is the reasons for these comments.

But if they were said about Abhisit it would be the same if you take in the humour of them . If she was fantastic at her job fulfilled her promise -pledge to the people, I doubt she would get these comments--but I don't know for sure, as you always get them. If you did agree with the truth of some of my points I pointed out, I would be more friendly in replies. You did say you don't comment on valid and reasonable criticism -Why Not???

Ginjag,I think that we must start by realising that we are poles apart in our political opinions, at least as far as Thailand is concerned.

I consider that for the last ten years or so the Thai electorate have consistently selected the Thaksin/PTT/Red Shirt movement to provide their government. This desire has been consistently frustrated by what might be described as "The Establishment". Yingluck Shinawatras administration is the latest manifestation of this desire.

I have significant reservations about the Thaksin/PTT/Red Shirt movement, but I have greater reservations about the Army/PAD/Democrat alternative. This view is drawn from my own views, moral and political, coloured by my background and influenced (but not driven) by my wifes views.

I don't comment on valid and reasonable criticism because I accept it as just that, even if I don't agree with it. You have a right to your opinions and political views, as I have to mine. I won't change your mind, and you won't change mine. That doesn't mean that I don't appreciate reading your comments. I did comment on the sort of offensive comment which charecterised the posts about this photograph, not least because it does not reflect well on the foreign (western) community in Thailand, and because I know that it is offensive to Thais.

I also feel that such offensive behaviour will not do us, as a group within Thai society, any long term good, no matter who ends up on top in the current political struggle.

I also admit to a habit of making flippant one line comments from time to time, which probably annoy some of the more intense amongst us! Mea Culpa!

Edited by JAG

Ginjag,I think that we must start by realising that we are poles apart in our political opinions, at least as far as Thailand is concerned.

I consider that for the last ten years or so the Thai electorate have consistently selected the Thaksin/PTT/Red Shirt movement to provide their government. This desire has been consistently frustrated by what might be described as "The Establishment". Yingluck Shinawatras administration is the latest manifestation of this desire.

I have significant reservations about the Thaksin/PTT/Red Shirt movement, but I have greater reservations about the Army/PAD/Democrat alternative. This view is drawn from my own views, moral and political, coloured by my background and influenced (but not driven) by my wifes views.

I don't comment on valid and reasonable criticism because I accept it as just that, even if I don't agree with it. You have a right to your opinions and political views, as I have to mine. I won't change your mind, and you won't change mine. That doesn't mean that I don't appreciate reading your comments. I did comment on the sort of offensive comment which charecterised the posts about this photograph, not least because it does not reflect well on the foreign (western) community in Thailand, and because I know that it is offensive to Thais.

I also feel that such offensive behaviour will not do us, as a group within Thai society, any long term good, no matter who ends up on top in the current political struggle.

I also admit to a habit of making flippant one line comments from time to time, which probably annoy some of the more intense amongst us! Mea Culpa!

Not siding with you just because we are birds of a feather but I must say, a well reasoned and coherent post, considering that it was posted at 3.51 in the morning!!

As a "bird of a feather" (apparentley), I rather agree with the previous post. :D

Well well surprise surprise, I would never have guessed :lol:....

I do tend to agree with you -re broken finger nail.splinter comment, it is not normally good taste, But surely on the performance since taking office-interviews and general knowledge on Thai matters she is not 100% accomplished. and therefore will come under the spotlight more, her lack of leadership, even with the help of her brother is the reasons for these comments.

But if they were said about Abhisit it would be the same if you take in the humour of them . If she was fantastic at her job fulfilled her promise -pledge to the people, I doubt she would get these comments--but I don't know for sure, as you always get them. If you did agree with the truth of some of my points I pointed out, I would be more friendly in replies. You did say you don't comment on valid and reasonable criticism -Why Not???

I believe there are posters here who are so biased and prejudiced that they will refuse to believe the current government is capable of anything and will refuse to accept or acknowledge any success whatsoever.

As a foreigner living here, the deeds and actions of whichever government is in power is and should be secondary to us. All that really should matter is that we can continue to live the lucky life that we have, unlike in some other countries where some or all of us would face all sorts of discrimination and victimisation. (NB: not every 'foreigner' is a white skinned caucasian)

Actually, I liked that photo of Yingluck. It made her seem human. Not just some person who'd never done a lick of work in her life, graduating from America's 3,000th best college, never having been tested, for anything. It gave her a human quality, different than the leech most people see her family/class as being. I think she actually felt something! Whether it was compassion for the millions affected by these floods or self pity for being stuck in a situation she hasn't even the shred of a clue as to how to solve, I can't say. Still it's a great photo.

I agree that it is a great photo. Nobody can deny that it actually does look like she is crying over a broken fingernail. The question of what she is feeling and thinking (very much like wondering about the smile of the Mona Lisa) is what makes it an amazing photo and should be displayed in a gallery and/or submitted into a photo competition.

554000013880001.JPEG

What happened with the boat scheme? Amazing lack of reports of success, or more likely, total failure.:lol:

Regardless of what happens, what works or fails, these are extraordinary circumstances. People and systems are stretched to their limits.

None of it do I see as a laughing matter. Have you been out to help with sand bags recently? Done anything? .. smart arse? You remind me of poor taste Australians who were cracking jokes in Melbourne when the fires were blazing. You sicken me.

I agree that it is a great photo. Nobody can deny that it actually does look like she is crying over a broken fingernail. The question of what she is feeling and thinking (very much like wondering about the smile of the Mona Lisa) is what makes it an amazing photo and should be displayed in a gallery and/or submitted into a photo competition.

Whilst it is not a competition worthy photograph, it is a telling image, of a person emotionally stretched. Yes, the human side of our Prime Minister, thrown into extraordinary circumstances.

Your comments are also rather revealing. You are disrespectful, and contribute nothing.

Whilst it is not a competition worthy photograph, it is a telling image, of a person emotionally stretched. Yes, the human side of our Prime Minister, thrown into extraordinary circumstances.

Your comments are also rather revealing. You are disrespectful, and contribute nothing.

It is a photo of a lightweight, a beneficiary of nepotism, unqualified for the job and failing miserably.