Thai PM Moves To Soothe Bangkok Flood Panic

webfact

Whilst it is not a competition worthy photograph, it is a telling image, of a person emotionally stretched. Yes, the human side of our Prime Minister, thrown into extraordinary circumstances.

<snip>

Actually, it's a photo oh her looking down at something in her fingers (I think someone said something like a microphone) and squinting because she is long sighted (ie needs reading glasses).

There was another photo taken immediately before or after this shot showing her smiling.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nonthaburi areas: Bangyai, Bangkruay, Bang Bua Thong issued warning to move things up at least 1.5 - 2m and brace for possible flooding

Don't worry, everything is under control.

Dont+panic.jpg

Nonthaburi areas: Bangyai, Bangkruay, Bang Bua Thong issued warning to move things up at least 1.5 - 2m and brace for possible flooding

Dont+panic.jpg

And volunteers are wanted to help shore up the "safe" airport tomorrow.

I believe there are posters here who are so biased and prejudiced that they will refuse to believe the current government is capable of anything and will refuse to accept or acknowledge any success whatsoever.

They have yet to show that they are capable of anything, and certainly haven't shown any successes worth acknowledging.

As a foreigner living here, the deeds and actions of whichever government is in power is and should be secondary to us. All that really should matter is that we can continue to live the lucky life that we have, unlike in some other countries where some or all of us would face all sorts of discrimination and victimisation. (NB: not every 'foreigner' is a white skinned caucasian)

The well being of the people and the country should not be secondary to anyone that enjoys living here.

Dont+panic.jpg

And volunteers are wanted to help shore up the "safe" airport tomorrow.

Yep, get your area on the Safe List and you had better move the refrigerator to the second floor and dash out for as many sandbags as you can carry.

I believe there are posters here who are so biased and prejudiced that they will refuse to believe the current government is capable of anything and will refuse to accept or acknowledge any success whatsoever.

Let us know when you think they've succeeded at something, and we'll take a look at it. Can I presume "effective crisis management" isn't on the list?

They have yet to show that they are capable of anything, and certainly haven't shown any successes worth acknowledging.

As a foreigner living here, the deeds and actions of whichever government is in power is and should be secondary to us. All that really should matter is that we can continue to live the lucky life that we have, unlike in some other countries where some or all of us would face all sorts of discrimination and victimisation. (NB: not every 'foreigner' is a white skinned caucasian)

The well being of the people and the country should not be secondary to anyone that enjoys living here.

Amen ! :wai:

Let us know when you think they've succeeded at something, and we'll take a look at it. Can I presume "effective crisis management" isn't on the list?

The Public Health Ministry, headed by Pheu Thai Party MP and Public Health Minister Witthaya Buranasiri, made unprecedented efforts to provide condoms to flood victims and this achievement should not be overlooked.

39078_243831872.jpg

The cabinet minister should be congratulated for his astute thinking shown during a time of national crisis.

Edited by Buchholz

What happened with the boat scheme? Amazing lack of reports of success, or more likely, total failure.:lol:

Regardless of what happens, what works or fails, these are extraordinary circumstances. People and systems are stretched to their limits.

None of it do I see as a laughing matter. Have you been out to help with sand bags recently? Done anything? .. smart arse? You remind me of poor taste Australians who were cracking jokes in Melbourne when the fires were blazing. You sicken me.

I laugh at idiocy. And as I am far from the flooding area at the moment, I do what I can and laugh at the idiots. So you go and have a big spew while I laugh at you. FYVM.

PM caught crying due to stress from flooding crisis :blink:

554000013880001.JPEG

Crying because she is feeling sorry for the flood victims and the horridness of the situation many people are in, or crying because she is feeling sorry for herself that she has to deal with this and her underlings are not handling it.

I'd say its crocodile's tears, or possibly posing for the "chance" photograph some lucky photographer happened to take.