Is Chiang Mai Start To.............

sunnyhor

It seems to me that it has been starting to cool down a little, but usually every year when it stops raining, things get a little hot for a few weeks and then it cools down more for a few months. I am guessing it is temporarliy warming up right now as it has not rained for a few days and cool season has not really started yet.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Missed the cool season last year, hopefully it will arrived soon. Read an article 2 days ago saying Doi Inthanon lowest 2 oC . I think this year, CM willnot only be just cool, it will be cold. Weather's unpredictable. I am monitoring the CM weather, once it start to cool I will fly over to enjoy the breeze!

It's said on the local facebook that cool season indeed arrive mid October which is tomorrow perhaps it will start exactly tomorrow!

IMHO the last week, with no rain and little cloud cover, has been great, though definitely hotter during the day. Conversely the lack of cloud cover has led to much quicker cooling in the evening and very pleasant night time temperatures. Hopefully, aside from the odd afternoon thunderstorm in the coming days, hopefully we are done with rainy season.

Its perhaps measurably hotter in the daytime but the last week feels like less humidity which results in a lower feeling of temp.. Evenings this last week have been cool also, pleasant to wear jeans.

Feels like theres more day / night temp variation as of the last few days.